Follow

Thanos

Character » Thanos appears in 1258 issues.

An Eternal with the Deviant gene, making him unique and extremely powerful, even amongst his own kind. Above all else, Thanos loves and worships Mistress Death. Few can equal his intelligence, strength, and ambition for power. Thanos has wielded the Cosmic Cube, the Infinity Gauntlet, and even the Heart of the Universe.

thanos in the avengers movie.

Avatar image for silversurfer010
    silversurfer010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By silversurfer010

as we speak THE AVENGERS is currently in production.

What do we know so far?

Back in March we exclusively reported that the main villain for "The Avengers" is none other than Thor's adoptive brother and archenemy LOKI and that he will need some serious muscle to go up against "The Avengers" and he does this by using the cosmic cube.  Loki uses the cube to get a hold of the Aliens (aka The Skrulls) to invade Earth and fight "The Avengers." Skrulls are green-skinned reptilian humanoids with large pointed ears, red or green eyes, and corrugated chins.

But that’s not at all!

In the famous last of words of Master Yoda…”There is another…”

Yes.

There is another big time villain in THE AVENGERS!      Now that we got that out of the way…

According to very trusted always on point sources, Latinoreview has exclusively learned that the other villain in THE AVENGERS is…

…THANOS!  from   http://www.latinoreview.com/news/exclusive-there-is-another-big-time-villain-in-marvel-s-the-avengers-13718

Coolii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Coolii

God no....

_Beastmaster_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By _Beastmaster_
    @Coolii: Uhh,who are you to state this?If they can pull off the Skrulls,they could pull off Thanos.
    King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By King_Saturn
    if they can pull this off... I would love to see it... 
    Hoboseid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Hoboseid

Warlock Saving Thanos
    Warlock Saving Thanos
    No Caption Provided
    cennobite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By cennobite

If they can pull if off it will be awesome, then you have him possibly getting the infinity gauntlet, pulling that off as well as Thanos will tricky. If they are bringing Thanos into it then will they have Titan, Death and various other Thanos related things, doubtful they will bring death into it, that's a pandora's box of weirdness there, for a start would play her/he/it. Getting an actor for Thanos will be difficult enough. 

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By Caligula

I don't think he is going to play a major role, I think they are going to set him in this one, with small bit parts. maybe through stories and such, and maybe seeing him at the end. I think he is going to have a smaller role leading to a sequel.

FunnyStuff707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By FunnyStuff707
    @Caligula said:
    I don't think he is going to play a major role, I think they are going to set him in this one, with small bit parts. maybe through stories and such, and maybe seeing him at the end. I think he is going to have a smaller role leading to a sequel.
    Yeah, if Thanos were to be in this, with the Infinity Gauntlet being shown at SDCC, it would mean something bigger than all the Skrulls. That can't take second part to any villain, so I expect him to be a post-credits bonus.
    Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Deranged Midget
    @Caligula said:
    PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By PowerHerc

Thanos would be a good villain for the Avengers to fight in the upcoming movie, though I'd prefer Ultron.
    Dartheldar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Dartheldar

I could see Thanos being used in part of an expository flashback about the cosmic cube. Someone saying there was once a great evil that used it and having his purple madly grinning face being illuminated by its light before a few screens of battle screens and the thing being locked away or shooting off into space or something along those lines. Pulling a corporeal Sauron if you will. As an actual main villain...hmmmm, hard to pull off.  

sixdecibels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By sixdecibels

It's been flying around that Skrulls will be part of the Avengers movie... and we see the Infinity Gaunlet was supposed to be a part of Thor. 

Would it not be a stretch to say that we will see a revised Thanos as the leader of the Skrulls? Wasn't there a storyline which described that Thanos' mother was actually a skrull?? 

It makes sense to me. And it could be exciting!

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By cattlebattle

So wait ,Thanos makes his film debut before Kang, Zemo, Ultron, and may others. What the hell Marvel?

Avatar image for gremlin_from_kremlin
    Gremlin From Kremlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, this looks cool.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#15  Edited By MasterKungFu

thanos ain't avengers 2 villain anymore. it's not really as awesome as you'll think. thanos is better off served as the last villain of the last avengers sequel. villains need to be better and better after each sequel, who else would top out thanos. if they did go ahead with thanos the avengers 2 movie would be great but their jobs of making a better avengers 3 becomes a hell lot harder.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.