Thanos' Fighting Ability

• 123 results
#101 Posted by WillX (44 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos is very skilled.   He doesn’t throw down because he likes to push himself.   He prefers to out think his opponents.   He lives for challenges, the more difficult to better.   He prefers to out think opponents unless they are really strong then he fights them.  

And he was nothing like Jubilee, Wolverines side kick and long term damsel in distress.              

The fact is that hand to hand combat is more than throwing a punch and dodging a kick.   There is a mental part of combat, tactics.   And that is what makes Thanos so tough.   He thinks 10 step head and looks at all the possibilities.                

#102 Posted by Vance Astro (91286 posts) - - Show Bio
@WillX said:
"

Thanos is very skilled.   He doesn’t throw down because he likes to push himself.   He prefers to out think his opponents.   He lives for challenges, the more difficult to better.   He prefers to out think opponents unless they are really strong then he fights them.  

And he was nothing like Jubilee, Wolverines side kick and long term damsel in distress.              

The fact is that hand to hand combat is more than throwing a punch and dodging a kick.   There is a mental part of combat, tactics.   And that is what makes Thanos so tough.   He thinks 10 step head and looks at all the possibilities.                

"
Jubliee is a better fighter than Thanos.
#103 Posted by kys (52 posts) - - Show Bio
@Push said:
" @ kys : I'm sorry. I don't see this as proof that he is a great combatant. The fact that Thanos is as powerful as he is and he doesn't manage to incapitate one who is much less powerful than him isn't what I consider proof. Gamora even mentions "that speed and skill wing out over brute force evey time" which sounds more like proof that he isn't good at h2h. I'm not saying he isn't, I'm saying I need proof like someone mentioning (in a serious manner) " A depowered Thanos is skilled enough to beat anyone in h2h".           Then you need to go FIND your own proof, ie read his books/apearances, learn his background! It's quite a well known fact Thanos is more than a formidable h2h fighter, the fact that he trianed one of the deadliest women in the galaxy, and she still can't come close to him, speaks for it'self, if that doesn't sit well with you, then I can't help you out with your problem. "
I'm not disagreeing with the point  raised as much as the methods used to prove it. You don't automatically assume that one is a master combatant and need to be proved otherwise. In any case, h2h master or not, Thanos is always as powerful as written. 
#104 Posted by Vance Astro (91286 posts) - - Show Bio

Jubes FTW.

#105 Edited by Omega-level Supreme (1159 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:

" Thanos left because he was getting his ass bussed.Despite what he says.Thor wasn't losing because he wasn't hurt..Thanos was.You didn't have to prove Thanos used a weapon..I know he did and I told you he did. "

That's not fair, Thor always uses a weapon.
#106 Posted by Vance Astro (91286 posts) - - Show Bio
@Omega-level Supreme said:
" @Vance Astro said:

" Thanos left because he was getting his ass bussed.Despite what he says.Thor wasn't losing because he wasn't hurt..Thanos was.You didn't have to prove Thanos used a weapon..I know he did and I told you he did. "

That's not fair, Thor always uses a weapon. "
It's very fair because Thor's weapons is standard an it has several fucntions..Thanos' weapons isn't standard and somehow the one he picked up was perfect for the exact situation.
#107 Posted by Push (1552 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @Push said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @Nubiankenji said:
" Skill,  Style and Experience  all can't really be compares when you think about it on even scales they are different. Thanos is a brawler when he respects his foe and will blast the heck out of what he consider flee or a waste of time.  And I don't think Vance is on crack but he may have cought a contact high thinking that wher in the same fight class. "
Jubilee is a better fighter than Thanos.The only time he has displayed fighting skill is when training Gamora and she's only a good fighter because she went around the world learning styles.Not because HE trained her.He has no style and his experience is worthless.All he does is use energy attacks and mind rape.Not use fighting skill. "
That is just ridiculousness at it's finest right there! If you don't like Thanos, fair enough, but lets not make silly comments like that! "
It would be a silly comment if it was false but it's not. "

So, Thanos taking on and taking  out the one of the most feared mercernary guilds in the MU and wiping them all out by himself like they were second rate, that means nothing and show's he has absolutely no skill, in h2h or otherwise??
#108 Posted by Vance Astro (91286 posts) - - Show Bio
@Push said:
 So, Thanos taking on and taking  out the one of the most feared mercernary guilds in the MU and wiping them all out by himself like they were second rate, that means nothing and show's he has absolutely no skill, in h2h or otherwise?? "
If his skill had anything to do with this then that would make him a credible fighter but his skill had nothing to do with this.
#109 Posted by Push (1552 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @Push said:
 So, Thanos taking on and taking  out the one of the most feared mercernary guilds in the MU and wiping them all out by himself like they were second rate, that means nothing and show's he has absolutely no skill, in h2h or otherwise?? "
If his skill had anything to do with this then that would make him a credible fighter but his skill had nothing to do with this. "

??? What did, his ugly mug??  Not much more to say, your just not interested in seeing Thanos any other way irresptive of everything shown or provided!
#110 Posted by Vance Astro (91286 posts) - - Show Bio
@Push said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @Push said:
If his skill had anything to do with this then that would make him a credible fighter but his skill had nothing to do with this. "
??? What did, his ugly mug??  Not much more to say, your just not interested in seeing Thanos any other way irresptive of everything shown or provided! "
Thanos isn't a good fighter period.This thread was created out of spite over an exaggeration I made about his lack of fighting skill.My point was valid to what I was saying in the thread that caused this one and all of the attempts to prove he's anything other than a mediocre combatant have failed.I don't actually think Jubilee is a better fighter than Thanos.I said it to piss of Valkaad with in mind that half the X-men are better fighters than Thanos including several who haven't had extensive training and didn't have a hand in training someone of Gamora's caliber.Nothing shown her proves that what I'm saying is false.I asked for a skill showing you give me a scan of a bunch of dead bodies.Thanos has defeated a crap load of opponents..not because he's a better fighter but because he's more powerful than them(Examples.Drax,Thor,The Thing,The Champion of the Universe,etc.).
#111 Posted by Push (1552 posts) - - Show Bio

He took on that Merceranry Guild to prove to himself that he still has the skill and the ability to fight anyone or anything.  I'm not trying to force or convince you, just trying to get you to see the character through a different view.
#112 Posted by Vance Astro (91286 posts) - - Show Bio
@Push said:
" He took on that Merceranry Guild to prove to himself that he still has the skill and the ability to fight anyone or anything.  I'm not trying to force or convince you, just trying to get you to see the character through a different view. "
Do you have a scan of him actually fighting them because Thanos is ridiculously powerful if there is no actual showing of skill in this fight then it's irrelevant to the thread.Any powerful being could have leveled that guild,doesn't mean they showed any fighting skill to do so.
#113 Posted by Push (1552 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @Push said:
" He took on that Merceranry Guild to prove to himself that he still has the skill and the ability to fight anyone or anything.  I'm not trying to force or convince you, just trying to get you to see the character through a different view. "
Do you have a scan of him actually fighting them because Thanos is ridiculously powerful if there is no actual showing of skill in this fight then it's irrelevant to the thread.Any powerful being could have leveled that guild,doesn't mean they showed any fighting skill to do so. "

Fair enough, some people need to actually physically see every panal, even though it's shown them all there to be dead and taken out! You know full well that the first issue wasn't composed of him fighting the mercernary guild!   He did fight them, as in physically, he didn't just stand their and annihilate them in one blast, that was stated and what the whole issue was about, he wanted to prove his fighting skills! If he wanted to prove his power levels, he would have taken on someone like, say..................... Tyrant ;-)  The whole point of the opening first issue of Cosmic Powers was as it stated, Thanos trying to prove himself, to himself, he has what it takes in combat.  You seem like the apostle who doesn't want to believe until it's physically shown to him, "where are the holes in your hand where the nails were driven in, until you show them to me, I will not believe" Even though it's all there in front of you.
#114 Posted by Vance Astro (91286 posts) - - Show Bio
@Push said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @Push said:
Do you have a scan of him actually fighting them because Thanos is ridiculously powerful if there is no actual showing of skill in this fight then it's irrelevant to the thread.Any powerful being could have leveled that guild,doesn't mean they showed any fighting skill to do so. "
Fair enough, some people need to actually physically see every panal, even though it's shown them all there to be dead and taken out! You know full well that the first issue wasn't composed of him fighting the mercernary guild!   He did fight them, as in physically, he didn't just stand their and annihilate them in one blast, that was stated and what the whole issue was about, he wanted to prove his fighting skills! If he wanted to prove his power levels, he would have taken on someone like, say..................... Tyrant ;-)  The whole point of the opening first issue of Cosmic Powers was as it stated, Thanos trying to prove himself, to himself, he has what it takes in combat.  You seem like the apostle who doesn't want to believe until it's physically shown to him, "where are the holes in your hand where the nails were driven in, until you show them to me, I will not believe" Even though it's all there in front of you. "
-_- Just because Thanos didn't blast them..doesn't mean he didn't over power them.Also the term mercenary doesn't= fighting skill.That doesn't ensure that they were good enough fighters to contend with Thanos.I'm not doubting Thanos fought them.I'm asking what did he do in that fight that showed he was skilled.I've seen Ares level crowds of combatants..they may have had the skills to stand up to him but not the durability or strength.See what i'm getting at? There isn't a mountain of evidence i'm ignoring.There isn't really anything here.
#115 Posted by BIackFlash (1909 posts) - - Show Bio
@Valkaad said:
" Vance Astro not only says "Thanos isn't a very good fighter", but also "Thanos is no better of a fighter than Jubilee". I personally think his crack smoking is becoming a problem.  "

#116 Posted by OhTru (1583 posts) - - Show Bio

@Omega-level Supreme said:

" That's not fair, Thor always uses a weapon. "

and Thor had the Infinity Power Gem

@Valkaad

said:

" So do you or do you not think Thanos is more powerful than Jubilee? "

Vance likes to troll sometimes

It would be wise not to be baited by him in future

If you think his behavior is consistently disruptive and is getting out of hand too much then Pm a moderator. I for one have never flagged a post or Pm'ed a modertor ovr this trivial nonsense

but I do know the people who flag the most and complain the most are often the people who bait like crazy
people who troll are often the same people who 'rat' or 'snitch' 

@Thanos1992 said:

" thanos has fought people at  his strength level hes constantly fighting and killing (hes got to have fighting skills since i doubt he uses his full strength or his energy blast for just anyone) "

It should be noted he owned Champion when he had the Infinity Power Gem
I doubt that's something Thor would have achieved when Thor has consistent problems with the likes of Hulk, Sentry and Rulk
#117 Posted by Vance Astro (91286 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos is a terrible fighter.He has 0 credible fighting skill feats.

#118 Posted by warlord1234 (1269 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" Thanos is a terrible fighter.He has 0 credible fighting skill feats. "
They is different types of fighting styles not all fighting style flashy H2H techniques
#119 Posted by Glabal500 (636 posts) - - Show Bio

T'challa could probably beat thanos in a fist fight

#120 Posted by Sydneytuah (299 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos beat Champion at hand to hand combat

Thanos took Champion for a joke

NUFF SaID

now leave my son thanos alone lol

#121 Posted by Vance Astro (91286 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sydneytuah said:

Thanos beat Champion at hand to hand combat

Thanos took Champion for a joke

NUFF SaID

now leave my son thanos alone lol

The Champion is actually a terrible fighter and never once lived up to what his skill level is supposed to be.
#122 Posted by jahmellius (5 posts) - - Show Bio

@sunman: lol not if thanos gets all sad faced about being made so overly powerful that his own character wants to die and forces himself to lose.... If he was born a human he would be my fav. Character but his whole origin is he was made to be over powerful... This is why I respect the hulk more than any other hero in dc or marvel..... He never tries to steal power, achieve it, or abuse it....

#123 Posted by jahmellius (5 posts) - - Show Bio

I think thanos is an irrelevant overpowered character... All you need to do is let him do whatever he wants till he gets bored and reshapes the universe to its natural state. Making his actions "null and void". If he had no telepathy or energy manipulation he would be beaten without fail... I also feel he was born lucky(despite his races thoughts on him) and he's too needy of power...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.