Follow

Thanos

Character » Thanos appears in 1258 issues.

An Eternal with the Deviant gene, making him unique and extremely powerful, even amongst his own kind. Above all else, Thanos loves and worships Mistress Death. Few can equal his intelligence, strength, and ambition for power. Thanos has wielded the Cosmic Cube, the Infinity Gauntlet, and even the Heart of the Universe.

Thanos' Fighting Ability

• 124 results
    Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Valkaad

Vance Astro not only says "Thanos isn't a very good fighter", but also "Thanos is no better of a fighter than Jubilee". I personally think his crack smoking is becoming a problem. Anyone else care to comment on his statements? Agree/Disagree? 

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    Valkaad said:
    "Vance Astro not only says "Thanos isn't a very good fighter", but also "Thanos is no better of a fighter than Jubilee". I personally think his crack smoking is becoming a problem. Anyone else care to comment on his statements? Agree/Disagree? "
    So you think I smoke crack because Thanos is a joke in h2h combat.If it wasn't for his physical attributes Cap would have kicked his ass during infinity gauntlet.
    Tevnoba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Tevnoba
    Vance Astro said:
    "Valkaad said:
    "Vance Astro not only says "Thanos isn't a very good fighter", but also "Thanos is no better of a fighter than Jubilee". I personally think his crack smoking is becoming a problem. Anyone else care to comment on his statements? Agree/Disagree? "
    So you think I smoke crack because Thanos is a joke in h2h combat.If it wasn't for his physical attributes Cap would have kicked his ass during infinity gauntlet.
    "
    Thanos is a expert in H2H combat.  He just chooses to keep himself above such pathetic avenues of conflict.  It's not that he does not know how to fight, or wont fight . . .it's because he chooses not to fight.  His intellect is his superior aspect and it is what he chooses to utilize and practice; because, he knows that the mind will always win out against the physical.
    King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By King_Saturn
    Tevnoba said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    "Valkaad said:
    "
    Thanos is a expert in H2H combat.  He just chooses to keep himself above such pathetic avenues of conflict.  It's not that he does not know how to fight, or wont fight . . .it's because he chooses not to fight.  His intellect is his superior aspect and it is what he chooses to utilize and practice; because, he knows that the mind will always win out against the physical.
    "
    Well Thanos does like to Thug It Out a bit too though... I mean Thanos went heads up with Thor in Warrior Madness... he muscled out Tyrant... he muscled out Thor and Thing also on another occasion... so Thanos does like to Scrap on some Level...
    Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Valkaad
    King Saturn said:
    "Tevnoba said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    "Valkaad said:
    "
    "
    Well Thanos does like to Thug It Out a bit too though... I mean Thanos went heads up with Thor in Warrior Madness... he muscled out Tyrant... he muscled out Thor and Thing also on another occasion... so Thanos does like to Scrap on some Level...
    "

So do you or do you not think Thanos is a better fighter than Jubilee?
    King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By King_Saturn
    Valkaad said:
    "King Saturn said:
    "Tevnoba said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    "Valkaad said:
    "
    "
    "

So do you or do you not think Thanos is a better fighter than Jubilee?"
    Yes Indeed. Thanos supposedly trained Gamora in H2H Combat... and Gamora is a very skilled Martial Artist
    Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By Static Shock

Thanos is an expert fighter, to me. He made Champion (who's a master martial artist, right?) look like a fool, beat a Warrior's Madness Thor (who has thousands of years of combat experience), fought several class 100 beings at one time, and fought a bunch of others. So, yeah, he is a better fighter than Jubilee, despite his physical aptitudes.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By SUNMAN

Is this thread serious Jubilee is no where near Thanos and will never be near him.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    Static Shock said:
    "Thanos is an expert fighter, to me. He made Champion (who's a master martial artist, right?) look like a fool, beat a Warrior's Madness Thor (who has thousands of years of combat experience), fought several class 100 beings at one time, and fought a bunch of others. So, yeah, he is a better fighter than Jubilee, despite his physical aptitudes.
    "
    He made Champion look like a fool because he's smarter than him not because he's a better fighter and he only beat Warrior Madness Thor because of his strength and cosmic augmentations plus the fact Thor isn't a "great" fighter himself.

Tevnoba said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    "Valkaad said:
    "
    "
    Thanos isn't an expert combatant.He may have SOME skill but he's not an expert anything.If Thanos was an expert combatant why doesn't any Marvel Handbook going all the wy back to 1985 ever mention his skills? How come when Gamora's fighting skill was explained in Annihilation..they mentioned all the training she had on other worlds but not once mentioned Thanos who trained her?
    OgreMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By OgreMan

Thanos is a hell of a fighter. Static Shock said:

"Thanos is an expert fighter, to me. He made Champion (who's a master martial artist, right?) look like a fool, beat a Warrior's Madness Thor (who has thousands of years of combat experience), fought several class 100 beings at one time, and fought a bunch of others. So, yeah, he is a better fighter than Jubilee, despite his physical aptitudes.
    "

I agree Thanos is very skilled.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf392a6a3b92
    deactivated-5bf392a6a3b92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

Personally, I don't think its really important where it is mentioned that Thanos trained her.  To me, what matters is that Thanos is the one who trained her, and that she's widely referred to as the most dangerous woman in the Marvel universe.  If she's as good a fighter as that implies, Thanos is the reason.  Thanos doesn't throw down and fight like Ken & Ryu, but I think that's because he really doesn't have to.  He's got power blasts and all that cool stuff.  But even on top of that, in the beginning of "Cosmic Powers" he left a battlefield of (what looked like) thousands of dead bodies he slaughtered by himself.  He might not have done it all hand to hand, but he couldn't have kept his distance from all of them long enough to blast each and every single one with a blast to kill him and not use any hand to hand combat.  He also fought silver surfer hand to hand when Dr. Strange sent them both to some alternate reality (or something) to settle their differences (as suggested by Dr. Doom) during the infinity gauntlet series just after he lost it to Nebula.

Push

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Push
    Valkaad said:
    "King Saturn said:
    "Tevnoba said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    "Valkaad said:
    "
    "
    "

So do you or do you not think Thanos is a better fighter than Jubilee?"

Dude, let me put it to you this way, he trained Gamorra, who's known as the world's deadliest woman in the universe, so what does that tell ya :-)

Not only is he a master at H2H, but he's a master tactician in it as well, he's crafter enough to let the opponent think he/she's got the upper hand, only for them to find out when they're close enough, that they've just fallen into his trap, which Gamora, being trained by him and know's him well enough, wasn't gonna fall for it, or she would've been done :-)
    P.S. Vance just likes testing/teasing people :-)
    castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By castleking

i agree that vance is smoking crack no way can thanos and jube be considered equal in skill.

Push

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Push
    castleking said:
    "i agree that vance is smoking crack no way can thanos and jube be considered equal in skill.
    "

Yeah, there are times ya gotta know people are just taking the piss/ testing ya! Vance can be foolish, but he's not stupid, even if he does or doesn't have a dislike for a character ;-)
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Ok first of all..I wasn't teasing or testing anyone when I said Thanos is not better a fighter than Jubilee.I meant it and I stick by it.

Second of all nobody and I mean nobody who actually believes they don't have a chance against Thanos fears his fighting ability.
    Lastly people keep talking about how Thanos trained Gamora completely forgetting the fact that he isn't the only person who trained her.Gamora was trained on several different planets and galaxies.If Thanos training Gamora was so significant..why wasn't it mentioned in the description of how she came to be the "most dangerous woman in the world?" It started at her origin but never mentioned or showed Thanos.
    You all also seem to forget he trained Gamora to kill Adam Warlock and she failed miserably.He's not even a great fighter.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    castleking said:
    "i agree that vance is smoking crack no way can thanos and jube be considered equal in skill.
    Why do people always bring up crack when they think someone is wrong.Thanos isn't a better fighter than Jubilee.
    Push

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Push
    Vance Astro said:
    "Ok first of all..I wasn't teasing or testing anyone when I said Thanos is not better a fighter than Jubilee.I meant it and I stick by it.
    Second of all nobody and I mean nobody who actually believes they don't have a chance against Thanos fears his fighting ability.
    Lastly people keep talking about how Thanos trained Gamora completely forgetting the fact that he isn't the only person who trained her.Gamora was trained on several different planets and galaxies.If Thanos training Gamora was so significant..why wasn't it mentioned in the description of how she came to be the "most dangerous woman in the world?" It started at her origin but never mentioned or showed Thanos.
    You all also seem to forget he trained Gamora to kill Adam Warlock and she failed miserably.He's not even a great fighter.

"

No one ever said he was the only one, he was the first one! He adopted/took her when she was prepubescent! He gave her her first upgraded body, trained her into who she is today! She's obviously grown since then and and hasn't stopped learning, but Thanos is the one who made her what she is, he's like a father figure to her, so to speak!

Vance Astro said:
    "Ok first of all..I wasn't teasing or testing anyone when I said Thanos is not better a fighter than Jubilee.I meant it and I stick by it.

"

Then unfortunately, hope is lost for you if you can't see any light at the end of your tunnel if your not willing to take in and digest everything that's shown to you.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    Push said:
    "Vance Astro said:

"

No one ever said he was the only one, he was the first one! He adopted/took her when she was prepubescent! He gave her her first upgraded body, trained her into who she is today! She's obviously grown since then and and hasn't stopped learning, but Thanos is the one who made her what she is, he's like a father figure to her, so to speak!

Vance Astro said:

"

Then unfortunately, hope is lost for you if you can't see any light at the end of your tunnel if your not willing to take in and digest everything that's shown to you."
    Thanos didn't train Gamora into who she is today.That's why I am objecting to all of this bullsh#t because it's not true.Thanos didn't make Gamora as good is she is now.Her training else where did.You are using Gamora to validate Thanos's fighting skill and it proves absolutely nothing.Thanos didn't make Gamora anything.

The Marvel handbook places Thanos on a level 4.Same as most of the X-men...that includes Jubilee\Wondra.What has Thanos ever done that proves he's a good fighter? I don't see any skill.no nothing.All I keep hearing is.."he trained Gamora".Like I said before..I Thanos was really responsible for making her the most dangerous woman in the world..it would have been shown in the description given in Annihilation.
    castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By castleking

shows worship and put to much blind faith in the handbooks vance.

but even if he is a level 4 fighter which i am not disagreeing with all that means he knows various arts or has mastered at least one to make him a real contentor in a fight.

just like other fighters like:

moon knight
    daredevil
    iron fist
    shang chi.

ect ect

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    castleking said:
    "show worship and put to much blind faith in the handbooks vance.

but even if he is a level 4 fighter which i am not disagreeing with all that means he knows various arts or has mastered at least one to make him a real contentor in a fight.

moon knight
    daredevil
    iron fist
    shang chi.

ect ect
    "
    F#ck the handbooks if you want.My argument doesn't really have anything to do with them.Thanos has not proven to be better than anyone whose level he's been put on.Where did Thanos use any skill.People keep talking about Gamora.I know what Gamora can do and it has sh#t to do with Thanos.

Has Thanos proven to be a better fighter than the Thing? She-Hulk? Cyclops? Moon Knight? any of them?

You have to be at least level 5 to have mastered anything.
    Push

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Push
    Vance Astro said:
    "castleking said:

moon knight
    daredevil
    iron fist
    shang chi.

ect ect
    "
    F#ck the handbooks if you want.My argument doesn't really have anything to do with them.Thanos has not proven to be better than anyone whose level he's been put on.Where did Thanos use any skill.People keep talking about Gamora.I know what Gamora can do and it has sh#t to do with Thanos.

Has Thanos proven to be a better fighter than the Thing? She-Hulk? Cyclops? Moon Knight? any of them?

"

Yes, he has, considering he's thrashed most of'em!
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    Push said:
    Yes, he has, considering he's thrashed most of'em!"
    You have to be joking with that...him beating them has nothing to do with his fighting skill.
    castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By castleking
    Vance Astro said:
    "castleking said:

moon knight
    daredevil
    iron fist
    shang chi.

ect ect
    "

"
    so i guess DD was running around for about 30 yrs or so without  ever mastering a single form right?  he was still pretty damn good fighter.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    castleking said:
    so i guess DD was running around for about 30 yrs or so with ever mastering a single form right?  he was still pretty damn good fighter.
    Daredevil is a level 6..so what are you talking about? He's a master of Ninjutsu.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    castleking said:
    "
    No Caption Provided

"
    Cards aren't Official....handbooks are.
    castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By castleking

just showing the absurdness of a rating system.. but i bet if you find some mid 90's rating system has had DD at a 4

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    castleking said:
    "just showing the absurdness of a rating system.. but i bet if you find some mid 90's rating system has had DD at a 4
    "
    It's two different rating systems...and if I found a mid-90's handbook that said DD was a 4 I would agree with it because at one point he wasn't a master.
    Push

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Push
    Vance Astro said:
    "Push said:
    You have to be joking with that...him beating them has nothing to do with his fighting skill.
    "

Has to be one of the biggest WTF comments i've read??? How did he beat them then, with the ugly stick? Seriously Vance, give it up!
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    Push said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    "Push said:
    "

Has to be one of the biggest WTF comments i've read??? How did he beat them then, with the ugly stick? Seriously Vance, give it up!"
    HE BEAT THEM WITH HIS POWERS....DUH!!!!
    Push

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Push
    Vance Astro said:
    "Push said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    "Push said:
    "

Has to be one of the biggest WTF comments i've read??? How did he beat them then, with the ugly stick? Seriously Vance, give it up!"
    "

??? So the guy's a dunce outside of blasting! As soon as someone lays a hand on him, he's gone, cause you know, he can't fight himself out of a can! Is that why he took down that whole mercernary army in the first issue of Cosmic Powers, that's suppose to be one of the most powerfull mercernary guild in the galaxy,  cause he's got no fighting skills? In all honesty, i'm still laughing at your come back, "With his powers" lol funny to the bone, i'll give you that much.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    Push said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    "Push said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    "Push said:
    "

"

??? So the guy's a dunce outside of blasting! As soon as someone lays a hand on him, he's gone, cause you know, he can't fight himself out of a can! Is that why he took down that whole mercernary army in the first issue of Cosmic Powers, that's suppose to be one of the most powerfull mercernary guild in the galaxy,  cause he's got no fighting skills? In all honesty, i'm still laughing at your come back, "With his powers" lol funny to the bone, i'll give you that much."
    Nobody said he was a dunce..but he's not a GREAT Fighter and he's not a master of sh#t.You are over-exaggerating what I am saying about his lack of fighting skill.I don't give a damn about no punk as mercenary guild.I'm not trying to entertain you either and I don't see what's funny about my post.Thanos didn't beat anyone I mentioned without using his powers.There was no actual skill shown..In fact I don't even remember Thanos fighting any of them but I do know the only people Thanos has shown to beat in h2h combat..aren't good fighters.
    castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By castleking

thanos fighting skills are a combination of h2h and power manipulation as seen with the fight with gamora.

its like saying batman or DD cant fight because they rely on their gadgets

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    castleking said:
    "thanos fighting skills are a combination of h2h and power manipulation as seen with the fight with gamora.

its like saying batman or DD cant fight because they rely on their gadgets
    "
    Gamora was kicking his ass.

No it's not like saying Batman or DD can't do anything.I have seen both characters fight weaponless against good fighter and win or stalemate them.They both have trained people who turned out to be good fighters..not how Thanos trained Gamora for a failure mission and then she was molded into a great fighter elsewhere.They have both been said by other good fighters to be better than them or very good fighters at the least..so your comparison doesn't at all add up.
    Push

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Push
    Vance Astro said:
    "Push said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    "Push said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    "Push said:
    "

"

??? So the guy's a dunce outside of blasting! As soon as someone lays a hand on him, he's gone, cause you know, he can't fight himself out of a can! Is that why he took down that whole mercernary army in the first issue of Cosmic Powers, that's suppose to be one of the most powerfull mercernary guild in the galaxy,  cause he's got no fighting skills? In all honesty, i'm still laughing at your come back, "With his powers" lol funny to the bone, i'll give you that much."
    Nobody said he was a dunce..but he's not a GREAT Fighter and he's not a master of sh#t.You are over-exaggerating what I am saying about his lack of fighting skill.I don't give a damn about no punk as mercenary guild.I'm not trying to entertain you either and I don't see what's funny about my post.Thanos didn't beat anyone I mentioned without using his powers.There was no actual skill shown..In fact I don't even remember Thanos fighting any of them but I do know the only people Thanos has shown to beat in h2h combat..aren't good fighters.
    "

Three words for you, Vance: "Ignorance is Bliss"
    SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By SUNMAN

This is dumb, ofcourse Thanos does not rely on skill because only a few beings come close to him in strength. He doesn't need MA skills. He can still fight though he is smart and has h2h skills from tangling with a number of enemies. Just cause he never trained at a DOJO or something doesnt mean he doesn't know how to fight. Why learn MA skills when you are leagues above people. Next we will be arguing about Galactus' h2h skills I guess

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    Push said:

Nobody said he was a dunce..but he's not a GREAT Fighter and he's not a master of sh#t.You are over-exaggerating what I am saying about his lack of fighting skill.I don't give a damn about no punk as mercenary guild.I'm not trying to entertain you either and I don't see what's funny about my post.Thanos didn't beat anyone I mentioned without using his powers.There was no actual skill shown..In fact I don't even remember Thanos fighting any of them but I do know the only people Thanos has shown to beat in h2h combat..aren't good fighters."

Three words for you, Vance: "Ignorance is Bliss""
    Translation:I can't prove you wrong so i'm resorting to this....
    castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By castleking

so what if gamora was landing more hits its not like thanos was weaken by it. fights arent won with who lands the most hits but who lands that "one" hit. even if she can beat him it doesnt matter.  batman is more then capable of beating many of his past instructors doesnt negate their fighting abilities. :P

example

wildcat
    cain

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    SUNMAN said:
    "This is dumb, ofcourse Thanos does not rely on skill because only a few beings come close to him in strength. He doesn't need MA skills. He can still fight though he is smart and has h2h skills from tangling with a number of enemies. Just cause he never trained at a DOJO or something doesnt mean he doesn't know how to fight. Why learn MA skills when you are leagues above people. Next we will be arguing about Galactus' h2h skills I guess"
    Nobody said anything about Thanos relying on fighting skill.I said he was labeled by the handbooks to be on the same level as most the X-men including Jubilee and I agree with it because he hasn't proven to be above that.He doesn't have to train in a dojo or be trained at all...if he shows he has some fighting skill or someone at least vouches for him.You know makes note to how good he is.But he hasn't shown that he's a great fighter and nobody says he is so WTF are people basing his ability on?
    castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By castleking

what do you want to see thanos doing back flips and olympic level display of agility during his fights? (sarcasm)

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    castleking said:
    "so what if gamora was landing more hits its not like thanos was weaken by it. fights arent won with who lands the most hits but who lands that "one" hit. even if she can beat him it doesnt matter.  batman is more then capable of beating many of his past instructors doesnt negate their fighting abilities. :P

example

wildcat
    cain
    Thanos wasn't weakened because he's more durable than the attacks she can dish out.If Thanos.Again,you make another case that means nothing.She clearly shows that she has the skill but not the power to beat Thanos.Daredevil is a better fighter than Juggernaut but he can't beat him.Batman isn't really capable of beating his past instrusctors..he barely stalemates Richard Dragon who held back on him.

Wildcat only taught Batman to box and still Batman can only stalemate him.
    And I don't know which Cain you mean.
    Push

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Push
    Vance Astro said:
    "Push said:

Nobody said he was a dunce..but he's not a GREAT Fighter and he's not a master of sh#t.You are over-exaggerating what I am saying about his lack of fighting skill.I don't give a damn about no punk as mercenary guild.I'm not trying to entertain you either and I don't see what's funny about my post.Thanos didn't beat anyone I mentioned without using his powers.There was no actual skill shown..In fact I don't even remember Thanos fighting any of them but I do know the only people Thanos has shown to beat in h2h combat..aren't good fighters."

"

Translation: Quoted from you, "I do know the only people Thanos has shown to beat in h2h....arn't good fighters".  To which you've obviously ignored my scan of him fighting Gamora, who according to your statement, is not that great a h2h fighter, hence: "Ignorance is bliss" cause ignoring facts, and basing only only limited knowledge, doesn't get you what you need to know, have a nice one :-)
    SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By SUNMAN
    Vance Astro said:
    "SUNMAN said:
    "This is dumb, ofcourse Thanos does not rely on skill because only a few beings come close to him in strength. He doesn't need MA skills. He can still fight though he is smart and has h2h skills from tangling with a number of enemies. Just cause he never trained at a DOJO or something doesnt mean he doesn't know how to fight. Why learn MA skills when you are leagues above people. Next we will be arguing about Galactus' h2h skills I guess"
    Nobody said anything about Thanos relying on fighting skill.I said he was labeled by the handbooks to be on the same level as most the X-men including Jubilee and I agree with it because he hasn't proven to be above that.He doesn't have to train in a dojo or be trained at all...if he shows he has some fighting skill or someone at least vouches for him.You know makes note to how good he is.But he hasn't shown that he's a great fighter and nobody says he is so WTF are people basing his ability on?
    "
    I'm not saying he has ability, but he knows how to brawl. I am saying he is strong enough and has powers he does not need MA ability, also its hard/impractical for big guys like him to learn MA skills. Excluding the Red Hulk BS big Dudes like Thanos do not learn MA.   I mean just look at Darkseid I would say they are comparable fighters.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    castleking said:
    "what do you want to see thanos doing back flips and olympic level display of agility during his fights? (sarcasm)
    "
    I want to see any display of fighting skill.People are so sure he has some but he doesn't prove it.I don't want to see backflips and roundhouses..just something that proves it's not his powers that allows him to win but his actual skill.I have only seen him fight Silver Surfer h2h with no powers and he's not a great fighter either.
    Push

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Push
    SUNMAN said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    "SUNMAN said:
    "
    I'm not saying he has ability, but he knows how to brawl. I am saying he is strong enough and has powers he does not need MA ability, also its hard/impractical for big guys like him to learn MA skills. Excluding the Red Hulk BS big Dudes like Thanos do not learn MA.   I mean just look at Darkseid I would say they are comparable fighters.
    "
    Although Darkseid is a badass, he's more of a schemer/manipulator, than a fighter/h2h combat, not that he can't or doesn't have nay skills to do the latter!
    Avatar image for high_revolutionary
    High Revolutionary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One thing is for damn sure.  Thanos ain't on sh!t on Batgirl in H2H!

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    SUNMAN said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    "SUNMAN said:
    "
    "
    Everyone knows how to brawl.My point is he never displays these skills that people assume he has.He have never proven to have fighting skill above any other level 4.All of them have been been commended on their fighting skill by actual good fighters...

Cyclops by Wolverine
    Moon Knight by Shang Chi
    Shang Chi by Daredevil and Black Panther
    She-Hulk by Captain America

and so on and so forth.

I have never seen any mention of Thanos's fighting skills except for when it comes to Gamora.A person he trained young but actually became a good fighter elsewhere.
    Push

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Push
    High Revolutionary said:
    "One thing is for damn sure.  Thanos ain't on sh!t on Batgirl in H2H!
    "

???
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    Push said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    "Push said:

"

Translation: Quoted from you, "I do know the only people Thanos has shown to beat in h2h....arn't good fighters".  To which you've obviously ignored my scan of him fighting Gamora, who according to your statement, is not that great a h2h fighter, hence: "Ignorance is bliss" cause ignoring facts, and basing only only limited knowledge, doesn't get you what you need to know, have a nice one :-)"
    He fought Gamora when she wasn't that good.He also outclasses her greatly in strength and durability.She probably couldn't have beaten him if he didn't fight back.I'm not ignoring any facts because no were given.

How do you post a scan of Gamora kicking Thanos's ass and act like fighting her is a skill feat for Thanos?
    Avatar image for high_revolutionary
    High Revolutionary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Push said:
    "High Revolutionary said:
    "

???"
    What?  No Anglish?
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    High Revolutionary said:
    "Push said:
    "High Revolutionary said:
    "

???"
    What?  No Anglish?
    "
    I think he doesn't get it because it has nothing to do with anything.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.