please

with and without the INFINITY GAUNTLET

#2 Posted by God_Spawn (35978 posts) - - Show Bio

GOES ON THE THANOS BOARD!!!!!!!!

#3 Posted by Mercy_ (92075 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

GOES ON THE THANOS BOARD!!!!!!!!

#4 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4139 posts) - - Show Bio

All of his feats? That's a lot of feats. Can I leave it at that he is a threat to the Marvel Universe and was also its savior more then once.

#5 Posted by OmegaHans (204 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm very interested in what Thanos is planning recently, and what he wants to do with these artifacts he is supposedly looking for.

Heck, if he was in AvX right now, he'd figure out a way to annihilate the Phoenix problem right now in minutes of preparation. That's how smart he is. His complete set of feats are of a large number and would take a lot of time to gather, I need to read Warlock again to remember his first ones.

#6 Posted by Walker696 (984 posts) - - Show Bio

@OmegaHans: You do know he got a universe collapsed on him by Nova and Star Lord right, he hasn't been up to much of anything. But I do agree he could have been a great help against the Phoenix(I'd love to see his interaction between him and Dark Marvel)

#7 Posted by OmegaHans (204 posts) - - Show Bio

@Walker696 said:

@OmegaHans: You do know he got a universe collapsed on him by Nova and Star Lord right, he hasn't been up to much of anything. But I do agree he could have been a great help against the Phoenix(I'd love to see his interaction between him and Dark Marvel)

I thought this Avengers Assemble book with him in it was in continuity? Yes? No?

#8 Posted by Walker696 (984 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparently he just recently came back..........he revivals are getting ridiculous

#9 Edited by _Zombie_ (10225 posts) - - Show Bio

Exclamation marks emphasizes everything!!!!!!!!!!!!

#10 Posted by Edamame (28002 posts) - - Show Bio

@Walker696 said:

Apparently he just recently came back..........he revivals are getting ridiculous

Are you talking about Thanos' origin story? I wonder when that comes out.

@ZombieBigfoot said:

Exclamation marks emphasizes everything!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol

#11 Posted by Walker696 (984 posts) - - Show Bio

@Edamame: From what I've read he came back in Avengers Assemble #3, don't know when its dated though as I haven't read the issue

#12 Posted by RPrime (4 posts) - - Show Bio

Here is a Classic Marvel power sample:

From -- http://www.classicmarvelforever.com/cast/thanos.htm

Classic Marvel Powers (His stats and powers put Thanos just below ODIN/ZEUS "Marvel skyfather level" even without the cube, gauntlet or heart)

• Immortality: As the Power and in all planes. Thanos is currently bared from Death's dimension, by Death itself, and cannot die by any fashion.
  • Invulnerability: Thanos has Class 1000 Resistance to Fire, Cold, Electricity, Radiation, Toxins, Corosives and Disease.
  • True Invulnerability: As the most powerful "Cosmic Eternal", Thanos has Shift-X protection from physical and energy attacks.
  • Cosmic Energy Control: Thanos can manipulate enormous quantities of cosmic energy with Shift-Z ability. Thanos regularly uses the following Stunts:
    • Energy Blasts of force or energy with Shift-Z (500) intensity. (this is DOOMSDAY's and Hulks max enraged strength according to classic Marvel)
    • Boost any or all physical abilities to Shift-Z for 1-10 rounds.
    • Raise Body Armor to Shift-Z for 1-10 rounds.
    • Absorb any form of energy with Shift-Z ability. (I assume this includes magic and probably mental energy--Otherwise ODIN's blast would have floored him after two shots)
    • Detect any form of energy with Unearthly ability.
    • Psionic Attack: Psionic Blast of Monstrous intensity.
    • Life Support: Thanos does not require good, water, sleep, or air to survive and has Class 1000 Life Support.
    • Teleportation: Thanos can Teleport himself and others with Unearthly ability.
    • The mind control over Hulk in Avengers Assemble 4 is new. But with cosmic energy control he can use and develop other powers--like matter control i.e turning someone to stone or glass.

Talents

Martial Arts B, Wrestling, Engineering, Chemistry, Biology, Genetics, Physics, Computers, Electronics among many others. Thanos is a expert in Death Lore and is also knowledgable of Occult Lore.

Other Feats:

Taking a punch from the Magus with the Infinity Gauntlet, absorbing tremendous damage in separate battles with Tyrant and Odin and not backing down, pinning the warrior madness Thor with the power gem (which technically exceeds even Hulks max enraged strength damage" in other words Class 1000", matching wits with Grand Master, Galactus and Hunger among others, taking on a maturing cosmic cube and winning, single-handedly fighting Captain Marvel, Wonder Woman and Green Lantern, beating Silver Surfer nearly to death, becoming "God" with the Heart of the Universe (Think--Bruce Almighty) and the list goes on...

#13 Posted by gravitypress (2069 posts) - - Show Bio

@RPrime: I ALWAYS use the Marvel RPG to rate characters.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.