Thanos Costume Change

#1 Posted by daak1212 (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

I normally see pictures of Mr.T in the tacky gaudy blue yellow suit with the hat.  Recently I have discoverd that he also worse a costume that was different than that, such as in anihilation and when he fought Kosmos and won.  I'm asking when did this change in appreal happen and why wasnt it permanent!!!
#2 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio
@daak1212 said:
" I normally see pictures of Mr.T in the tacky gaudy blue yellow suit with the hat.  Recently I have discoverd that he also worse a costume that was different than that, such as in anihilation and when he fought Kosmos and won.  I'm asking when did this change in appreal happen and why wasnt it permanent!!! "
It was never explained on panel. I guess Giffen thought the old costume was just to damn silly, and I guess Abnett and Lang didn't agree with him.
#3 Posted by kareem (281 posts) - - Show Bio

annihilation costume was his best, to me

#4 Posted by MrDirector786 (43698 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos' costume should be a convict suit since he's been arrested by the NYPD before.

#5 Posted by CharlieJade (415 posts) - - Show Bio

sometimes I prefer classic

love all the variations of Ironman though btw Thanos was first introduced as an Ironman villain  

#6 Edited by Nova`Prime` (4165 posts) - - Show Bio

I assume you're talking about this one...

It actually first appeared in Thanos #7, when he was trying to make a "pilgrimage" of sorts to the Crunch. Which I find rather interesting when I was finally able to read Annihilation considering that is where the Annihilation Wave started. I really wish he would have kept it, but at least they explained the old outfit in TI with it was sorta replicated from Knowhere's archives.
#7 Posted by jloneblackheart (5517 posts) - - Show Bio

I was wondering how he got his old costume when he just came back. He was naked when he came out of the cocoon. Did the Guardians of the Galaxy make him a new costume to match his old one?

#8 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4165 posts) - - Show Bio
@jloneblackheart: Sorry I don't have the issue infront of me, I left it at a friends house, but I am pretty sure they said it was replicated on Knowhere. I kinda wish they went back to the newer Annihilation costume, but I don't mind the blue and gold attire.
#9 Posted by daak1212 (7867 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nova`Prime` said:
"I assume you're talking about this one...

It actually first appeared in Thanos #7, when he was trying to make a "pilgrimage" of sorts to the Crunch. Which I find rather interesting when I was finally able to read Annihilation considering that is where the Annihilation Wave started. I really wish he would have kept it, but at least they explained the old outfit in TI with it was sorta replicated from Knowhere's archives. "

Yeah thats the one,  I prefer that one to the classic silly purple one.
#10 Posted by daak1212 (7867 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nova`Prime` said:
" @jloneblackheart: Sorry I don't have the issue infront of me, I left it at a friends house, but I am pretty sure they said it was replicated on Knowhere. I kinda wish they went back to the newer Annihilation costume, but I don't mind the blue and gold attire."

Actually I think they said in TI# 1 that it was a costume creater thingy, he said it like 2 pannels before he flipped on Moondragon for showing her displesure in working with him.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.