Thanos Chronology Fights

• 69 results
#51 Posted by Mr_Ingenuity (9407 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall: That's first time reading that & couldn't keep from cracking a smile. (•‿•)

#52 Posted by Killemall (18748 posts) - - Show Bio

09 Telepathically communicates with Marvel Boy, without even being on the same planet

#53 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7727 posts) - - Show Bio

I have seen little to actually suggest that the Thanos in that story was a clone, besides the words of Thanos himself (not exactly an impartial party on that account)

Loading Video...

if any of you are wondering what happened in that arc

additionally, The writer and narration both states that Thanos was there

#54 Edited by Killemall (18748 posts) - - Show Bio

It was retconned during Infinity Abyss. Mangog and KaZar instance was retconned together. Marvel Bio backs up the instance as well.

Mangog Retcon

Kazar Retcon

#55 Edited by youmessinwithme (1247 posts) - - Show Bio

All these scans are so small :(

#56 Posted by Killemall (18748 posts) - - Show Bio

I might have to re-do this thing, coz when Comicvine changed to this normal beta version all the scans are no longer accessible and come across as thumbnails.

#57 Posted by rolldestroyer (3544 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall:

you should go look at thanos' bio from all new OHOTMU #11 (if you don't have it i can post it) it confirms many of the thanosi retcons, even the one that killed Rot, was a thanosi:

this was confirmed by death's bio as well.

#58 Posted by Killemall (18748 posts) - - Show Bio

@rolldestroyer: Is this the 2009 bio?? I dont have it, if its 2006 i do but too sleepy to check atm :p

#59 Posted by rolldestroyer (3544 posts) - - Show Bio

@rolldestroyer: Is this the 2009 bio?? I dont have it, if its 2006 i do but too sleepy to check atm :p

2006, here's the entire bio, i had it saved from yesterday at my computer, so ill just post it:

the Mangog and Ka-zar instances are mentioned there as well (see 3rd page, last 3 paragraphs)

#60 Posted by WarBlade539 (5128 posts) - - Show Bio
#61 Posted by WarBlade539 (5128 posts) - - Show Bio
#62 Posted by Killemall (18748 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkazrael999: I know.. gotta create a new thread for Thanos, waiting for the Infinity to end, then i could compile all his appearences in one giant thread and remake one.. would take hell of a time.

#63 Posted by WarBlade539 (5128 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkazrael999: I know.. gotta create a new thread for Thanos, waiting for the Infinity to end, then i could compile all his appearences in one giant thread and remake one.. would take hell of a time.

Well, if anybody can do it, it's you.

#64 Posted by ToO_RaW (1140 posts) - - Show Bio

This thread is amazing. The Blackbolt fight would be fun to add soon.

#65 Posted by ToO_RaW (1140 posts) - - Show Bio

How come I can not enlarge the pictures?

#66 Edited by Fifthchild (654 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mr_Ingenuity said:

@Killemall: Thanos was featured in X-Man & Hulk1998 annual.

Thanos doesnt even appear in the issue, it was some mutant who tried looking like Thanos, but later gets his a$$ kicked by Hulk, thats not even thanos in the comics.

No that was a massively amped Thanos clone - the same one from Waid's Kazaar run. Basically in Kazaar he was absorbing some weird/one-off power of something or other that enabed him to effects things in different galaxies/throughout the universe.

He fought Kazaar who pointed that being on Earth was weakening him (he shrank from a giant to normal Thanos size) as he was separated from the source of this power.

He then returned to some vague intradimensional space where he had his power but could not quite manifest on the normal plane which is the state he was in when Nate Grey and Hulk encountered him. From memory he sought their aid to try and cross into our dimension and somehow managed to cross over anyway. Then Hulk and Nate Grey joined forces with Grey providing Hulk with a form of psychic armour and they beat Thanos back through the dimensional gateway, pushing him out of our universe.

So it wasnt Thanos and was a "Thanosi" but it was almost certainly much more powerful than our regular Thanos so not a bad showing for Hulk/Grey to defeat him.

#67 Edited by Fifthchild (654 posts) - - Show Bio

@youmessinwithme said:

I might have to re-do this thing, coz when Comicvine changed to this normal beta version all the scans are no longer accessible and come across as thumbnails.

Yeah that sucks but these are pretty much unreadable :-(

#68 Posted by lol (5444 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall: Thanos fight Mangog? And for the crossover with Parallax is canon for Dc pre-52 but idk if is canon for marvel too

#69 Edited by Kangconquers (1179 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall said:

@dondave said:

@Killemall:These scans make Thanos seem way more powerful than Darkseid

I personally think he is, although no way more powerful. the problem with Darkseid is, if you look at him during say Legends days, or towards New World Omnibus, he was capable of one shotting superman level beings, so probably just as powerful as Thanos. Problem being Darkseid has grown weaker by the years while Thanos has gotten a boost after another. Interesting thing is, Thanos has never been knocked out by punches till date, never.

Not to quote an old post, but I think this is worth bumping and underlining. Punches have never knocked out Thanos.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.