Follow

Thanos

Character » Thanos appears in 1258 issues.

An Eternal with the Deviant gene, making him unique and extremely powerful, even amongst his own kind. Above all else, Thanos loves and worships Mistress Death. Few can equal his intelligence, strength, and ambition for power. Thanos has wielded the Cosmic Cube, the Infinity Gauntlet, and even the Heart of the Universe.

Thanos bashing - Superman fans just being sour about Jobberseid?

• 74 results
    BatDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BatDance
    .Where does all the anti-Marvel bashing come from? I respect Spectre, respect Galactus, Pre Crisis Darkseid. However to be honest I do not respect Post Crisis Darkseid

I might be frank about Darkseid

But never will you see any more Venom and General Trolling than you would find in a Superman vs Thanos thread  or any of its variations
    Sentry vs Thanos
    Superman vs Odin
    Gladiator vs Darkseid etc

I think a lot of Superman fanboys got sour that DC also depowered Darkseid after the Crisis, the writers at DC also got rid of Post Crisis Mongul and replaced him with a tomato can Mongul-II

Where do the ridiculous accusations about Marvel's power levels and characters come from? Are Superman fans just sour grapes that Thanos never became a jobberseid?
    Are they just bitter that Marvel's Skyfathers don't jobber so much

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By joshmightbe

i always wondered why dc power levals are automatically considered higher
    rein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By rein
    @joshmightbe said:
    " i always wondered why dc power levals are automatically considered higher "
    Because most of the well known DC Characters are powerhouses, while marvel's most popular characters tend to be streetlevelers
    DC_Marvel_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DC_Marvel_1000

yup thanos has never jobbed 

yup never
    joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By joshmightbe
    @rein:
    thats because marvel chooses to focus on characters that are actually relatable
    geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By geraldthesloth

No Caption Provided
    joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By joshmightbe

if you woke up with super powers tomarrow what would you do would you go forth to save the world immeadiatly like superman no youd try to get some cash out of it first like spidey did. limitations make for a better character
    BatDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BatDance

DCDCMarv_1000

Your 1st pic is a repeat of the 4th, both of them are the same wacky LSD ridden Spider-Man comic that no sane reader would ever take serious

@DC_Marvel_1000

said:

"

yup never "

This pic is completely fake and photo shopped, it was a story involving Warrior Madness Thor and the Infinity Power Gem

If numbskull sour grapes Superman fans like you DCDC-1000 can come into a Thanos thread to troll and post fake photoshops as evidence 

Then clearly Gladiator beats the sh*t out of Darkseid

If you want real scans of jobbing there are dozens and dozens of examples of Darksied acting like a tomato can
    Real Comics
    Not Spiderman comics from the 60s, not photoshops
    REAL STORIES 

Like I was saying  some of you fanboys are just sour grapes that Thanos never became a jobberseid? 
    DC_Marvel_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DC_Marvel_1000
    @BatDance:
    jeeze slow your role, ever heard of a JOKE, last time i checked thanos was a darkseid rip off that was got what god powers TWICE and lost them, also the photoshop pics is a JOKE get over yourself, you call me a whiney superman fan? you sound more like a whiney thanos fan you can't seem to understand that darkseid having some PIS is how comics go, what about thanos getting his heart ripped out by drax when he was not looking? thats not something ''old'' thanos would let happen, you idea seems to be that if a person with over 20 years of comic story behind them has some PIS showing them become a jobber, your logic is flawed since no one wants to see darkseid ALWAYS one shot superman, most people know with common sense then he can and has proven it like here 

and most of YOU pics have been a avatar of darksied like the one with him and doomsday, what about darkseid killing supergirl with one go and his omega beams, thats also post crisis, or in his final crisis showing where his very pressence was going to destroy the universe? your acting like a child who has had there fav toy taken away by some older brother (the toy being thanos and the older borther being darkseid) darkseid is less stronger then his past self, people know that but yet you turn around in other times and call pre-crisis superman over powered as well, get a LIFE and pick a side already, thanos in the IG arc was stupid enough to LOSE that power and then AGAIN in HOTU arc he lost it AGAIN two feats that just shows you how stupid thanos is at keeping power when he gets it, when darkseid GETS power he does one of two things, loses it to a more powerful being or gives it up, but not with thanos NOOO in the IG arc the glove was TAKEN OFF him like WTF kinda fail is that, theres also times where thanos can as you like to show ''pimp'' slap drax and others then at times thanos gets ONE shotted by them, also if thanos can't fight odin on normal terms and gets his a$$ kicked by a sky father level being what does that tell you? darkseid IS sky-father level and has shown it a couple times, like locking ALL of cetrain group of heros in a telepathic mind lock without so much as a second though, darkseid losing to orion means nothing since ONE orion is a superman level ebing and above with his own cosmic power and darkseid is also his FATHER so WTF kinda mind seems to think thats a ''job'' fight, and before you even say anything that fight is NOT the same as the drax and thanos fight since orion and darkseid had been fighting for a while and drax ONE shotted thanos who as you like to show pimp slapped a while ago, then you also have thanos asking SS in another acr to kill him like a B!TCH, and thats not a act of a sweet villian to ask to be killed it's more or a lame way out, when darkseid was talking about how he was dieing thats the way a villian of darkseids power SHOULD act do to him being so powerful he does not WANT to die, get a clue and get out of here before i come back.
    Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#10  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    DC_Marvel_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DC_Marvel_1000
    @BatDance:
    your last scan means nothing at all, it's like wonder women and superman lifting the spectre
    BatDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BatDance
    @DC_Marvel_1000 said:

" darkseid IS sky-father level and has shown it a couple times "

I would argue differently, Pre Crisis was Skyfather might even have some feats that put him above Skyfather

but Post Crisis is a joke

Jobberseid's Omega Effect 

block it by making a funny face

Doomsday blocks it with his knee 

Out run it, Superman flies faster than it driving it around into Jobberseid's back

Wonder Woman reflects the Omega Beams

Superman stops the OE out right by punching Jobberseid until his eyes swell shut leaving him blind and begging for mercy

more jobbing

No LSD comics from the 60s

No photoshops

It's Official.
    He's now a tomato can. The Darkseid name means nothing anymore
    Kirby must be turning in his grave and the sucky writing
    DC_Marvel_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By DC_Marvel_1000
    @BatDance:
    i..................just,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,EXPLAINED,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,THOSE SCANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    BatDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By BatDance
    and Batman beat him up

and as low as that is, it actually gets worse for Darkseid
    BatDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By BatDance

@rein said:

" Because most of the well known DC Characters are powerhouses, while marvel's most popular characters tend to be streetlevelers "

but outside of the Spot Light
     Marvel has a lot more than street levelers

What do you call this 

and BTW its been a long while since any Superman or Aquaman or Wonder Woman pulled off any Pre Crisis feats
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By The_Ghostshell
    @BatDance said:

" and Batman beat him up  "

Wrong. 

(I also dont believe there is anymore Marvel bashing then there is DC bashing)
    joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By joshmightbe

how come noone ever bashes image, theyve had some truly god awful stuff too

Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
    @Gambler said:
    " @BatDance said:

Wrong.   (I also dont believe there is anymore Marvel bashing then there is DC bashing) "
    Agreed there are WAY more Marvel fanboys on this sight and in the world in general
    rein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By rein
    @joshmightbe said:
    " @rein: thats because marvel chooses to focus on characters that are actually relatable "
    I never said that Marvel characters are bad, Just that The more popular ones are street levelers. @BatDance said:
    "   @rein said:

" Because most of the well known DC Characters are powerhouses, while marvel's most popular characters tend to be streetlevelers "

but outside of the Spot Light
     Marvel has a lot more than street levelers

Again, Those characters are not all that popular.  I did not say that marvel characters were necessarily weaker, i was answering your questing as to why they were perceived that way.
    BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy
    @Son_of_Magnus sa
    No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

"
    LMAO @ Thanos in helicopter.....wtf man.
    stevon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By stevon

I think people bash Thanos because he has fans on this site that overrate him. 

He's a very powerful threat, and IMO could beat those that are below sub-skyfather level. But there are some who give him the IG and Prep in a fight because they can't stand seeing him lose (people are used to darkseid and supes losing because they've lost before and are still respected and powerful characters). Whenever Thanoswas on the losing end any confrontation (Ka-Zar of Thor), Starlin was there to recton it away because he couldn't stand seeing his creation lose, and writers would introduce some type of way for him to beat characters like galactus and the maker (beyonder's female form). 

Eventually characters that become walking plot devices and/or become unbeatable and unstoppable are no fun, especially when they appear way too much.
    geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By geraldthesloth
    @joshmightbe said:
    " how come noone ever bashes image, theyve had some truly god awful stuff too "
    because Image is like the little nephew you poke around and tease, not enough fanboys for their company.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#23  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

I don't understand how the biggest troll on the forums can whine about something that he does.The OP is just as biased as the people he's making this thread about.

geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By geraldthesloth
    @Vance Astro: he's worse than klandicar?
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @geraldthesloth said:
    " @Vance Astro: he's worse than klandicar? "
    Yes..there was a point where he wouldn't even make an argument just post waves and waves of cut of scans that don't prove anything and that were purposely cropped to make one character look like they can beat another.
    BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy
    @Vance Astro said:
    " I don't understand how the biggest troll on the forums can whine about something that he does.The OP is just as biased as the people he's making this thread about. "
    damn.

burn.
    geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By geraldthesloth
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @geraldthesloth said:
    Yes..there was a point where he wouldn't even make an argument just post waves and waves of cut of scans that don't prove anything and that were purposely cropped to make one character look like they can beat another. "
    you mean the same stuff he does everyday?
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#28  Edited By John Valentine

Thread FAIL.

Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

At least Klandicar can be mildly amusing at times

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @geraldthesloth said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    " @geraldthesloth said:
    Yes..there was a point where he wouldn't even make an argument just post waves and waves of cut of scans that don't prove anything and that were purposely cropped to make one character look like they can beat another. "
    you mean the same stuff he does everyday? "
    Well now he's getting all Castleking on us.He's going to actually make cases now and then act like he wasn't trolling before.It's the old, "I'm going to stop doing it so I can b#tch and rat on you for doing it thing".
    geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By geraldthesloth
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @geraldthesloth said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    " @geraldthesloth said:
    you mean the same stuff he does everyday? "
    Well now he's getting all Castleking on us.He's going to actually make cases now and then act like he wasn't trolling before.It's the old, "I'm going to stop doing it so I can b#tch and rat on you for doing it thing". "
    LMFAO
    OhTru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By OhTru

I think the biggest difference is the mindset between Marvel and DC comics

Marvel comics is usually about Under-Powered heroes facing over whelming odds, multiple human problems, multiple villains and still they some how getting on top of things.
    DC comics minus the Batman, is generally about Over-Powered Heroes, facing some weak sneaky villain, they scold them, tell them not to rob the bank again and the weak villains come back another day to try and foil the big iconic overpowered hero 

Minus the good old Bat, let's look at some of the rogues gallery of the most popular DC heroes
    FLASH
    He's heroic, he's loved, he's funny, he's fast
    Granted his superpowers by an act of god, a combo of chemicals and a magic bolt from the blue
    Public Perception they love him he's super fast 
    Got a problem, don't worry Flash has lots of friends, we have Uncle Flash, Kid Flash, Mommy Flash,  
    JesseFlash, I'm not sure where the family linage goes here but I'm pretty sure she has a daddy called Johnny Quick...point is he will never run out of friends or speed
    Got a difficult villain, don't worry we can just run very fast like light speed fast and smack them with an Infinite Mass Punch,  or if they don't feel pain then just chuck the bad guy into a big glowing whirlpool called Speed Force, its kinda like the delete button on your keybord, its a way of putting everything into the trash can 
    Typical Enemies
    Captain Cold he's basically Mr Freeze but he has a nasty gun and its more cold, the Trickster...think of a bad version of Green Goblin but this time he uses explosive teddy bears, Captain Boomerang ok these is getting lame...forget the Flash and his super speed
    Spider-Man could solo all these chumps

SUPERMAN
    He's iconic, he's got tonnes on fanboys in the comics and in the real world, he's stronger than anyone, faster than anyone and he can be a superdick taking cigarettes away from everyone and stopping teenages from drinking and nobody would blink an eye to his megalomania, no matter what Superman does all of Metropolis and all of DC Universe would still love him.
     Public Perception  he's the best, we love his cape and we love his red underpants 
    Brought up on a farm with the perfect ever loving family the Kents, they were loving, always around, not only did they cook him breakfast, pay for his school the Kents even made his damn costume for him. Experienced tragedy like Batman and Spiderman, but he was a baby so he doesn't remember jack. 
    Supes: "My planet blew up?"  "Who gives a F*%k! I don't remember it. I got a perfect new planet to live on, much nicer parents and a really easy number at my Newspaper, my boss is 100 times nice than JJ." 
    " Oh yeah and my girlfriend, I don't have to go chasing after her like Mary Jane. Lois is much easier to satisfy, she's like one of those old un-liberated stereotypes you find in a 1950s movie. She will even throw herself out a window to get my attention. "
    Powers, didn't have to work for them or be worthy or anything. Got them automatically thanks to my alien physiology, give me those yellow sun rays and I can fly faster than a bullet and throw trucks and ships around like baseballs.
    Enemies -  
    Some criminal, an ordinary bank robber. Against a guy like me who stops bullets with his eyeball, piece of cake....unless the criminal has a green rock where by your good old Superman digs deep pushes a bit harder, gets back up after his kryptonite exposure and whoops this silly criminal. Why does Superman win so easy, because he's that f*cking super. 
    Livewire, a girl with electricity - meh
    Lex Luthor, a baldy real estate agent. A supposed genius who still hasn't figured out how to end Superman. 
    unless Luthor has found a green rock where by Superman digs deep pushes a bit harder, gets back up after his kryptonite exposure and whoops this silly real estate agent. Why because Superman is that f*cking super.
    Other enimeis 
    Grundy, some zombified beefcake with no speed, no flight, no super breath, no heat vision....you get the picture
    Zod, an older cranky version of Superman who was a mad dictator when Superman was a baby. Thankfully Superman has him beat on youth and he's not soaked up as much yellow sun as Superman. All Superman needs to do is put a little extra wham behind those punches and this old fart is back into the history books.
    Bizarro this is like a really lame version of Superman, he is mentally challenged and fights like a monkey. He's the type of guy who would be unable to go to the toilet by himself
    Heck Superman might solo all these idiots on the one night and still be home in time for cornflakes

Take a look at the rogues gallery  of some of the most popular Marvel heroes
     IRONMAN - 
    Drink, he's an Alcoholic, so he's almost F*cked from day one 
    Has zero superpowers, every fight he gets into he has to build and invent and bleed his way out of it
    Public Perception he's an arms dealer, registration, the commies already hate him, now the hippies and half the US public hate him
    Even his friends spent half the day trying to knife him in the back, or he gets into a brawl with his fellow heroes and has some of his teeth knocked out 
    We haven't even moved on to his enemies yet, 
     Enemies -
    Crimson Dynamo a Russian who is almost his equal in everything apart from Whiskey drinking
    Mandarin, a guy who is almost as powerful as a top Lantern and he's such a wacky expert in old forms of Kungfu that Mandarin can beat the hell out of Tony with even with no mystic rings.
    Then you have guys like Count Nefaria, who is almost a silver age Superman....Tony if he ever had to face all his enemies at once is probably screwed 

THOR - 
    Family nightmare, half of them are nasty and ruthless, has a step-brother who is always plotting against him, trying to trick him, even kill him
    Public Perception, he's a barbarian lunatic with the powers of a God or  he's a mentally disturbed Dr. Blake and should be thrown into a mental hospital
    Enemies -
    The Hulk, the strongest guy on Earth, and Thor has to constantly face him in hand to hand battle 
    Skurge the Executioner more or less Thor's equal in battle
    The Midgard Serpant, invulnerable to injury, bigger than a city, ability to cause floods earth quakes land slides  just by moving around
    A Celestial, its only one of the most powerful beings in the Marvel Universe
    Atum the God Eater he only comsumes other Gods and Hela  the Asgardian Goddess of Death 
    Thor is out muscled, out powered and out gunned.

SPIDERMAN 
    A working man's burden, has to put up with a screaming JJ at the office who only wants photos to incriminate Spider-Man as a vigilante and a villain. The girl he's after has her own troubles, comes from an abusive house, then  Mary Jane makes it with her modeling career and Peter has to chase her as she began dating many other actors and famous people. Pete barley has time to study, write papers, often can't pay the rent, parents were never there and his father figure, his Uncle gets murdered in his first comic.
    Enemies
    Sinister Six - Enough said  
    It's pot luck Peter has managed to stay alive this long.

Of Course Superman wasn't always so invincible, all that started to change with introductions of stories from Moore, Starlin, Jack Kirby suddenly we had people like Mongul and Darkseid coming in and beating not just Superman but entire teams of JLA.
    Then came the Crisis, DC was to make Superman a little less powerful so the watered him down but that meant his villains would be much stronger. So the DC writers really watered them down, Mongul now needed devices or rings to ever be a threat again and Darkseid became a jobber.
    DC felt if it had powerful villains that would easily beat Superman it would some how make him less SUPER
    Hence why both have been relegated to Tomato Can status

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#33  Edited By The_Ghostshell
    @OhTru: Tight post.
    Conception

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Conception
    @BiteMe-Fanboy said:
    "@Son_of_Magnus sa

"
    LMAO @ Thanos in helicopter.....wtf man. "

Not only that, it's got his name on the back!!!  I wonder if Mentor stitches Thanos's name on his underwear...
    BatDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By BatDance
    @Gambler said:
    " @BatDance said:

Wrong.    "
    Well he gave him and good fight more than once
     Even killed him with a bullet

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By AtPhantom

For crying out loud. You can't understand the words "depowered" and "plot" to save your life, can you?

Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

no malice intended BatDance, but i think your dead wrong as to both the reason and source of Thanos bashing.
    for one its not DC fans, its Marvel fans too, and the larger thing being bashed isnt the character himself (though sometimes),
    its the " uber perception " that is being bashed. because that version of Thanos isnt Thanos . alot of people play up
    Thanos as uber because of his feats, which were actually accomplished with the Guantlet. but they act like thats Thanos all
    the time, which its not. Thanos otherwise is not top do in the MU, not even close. thats okay in my book really. it was cool
    for that one time deal, but i rather like the focus on writing his character in a sophistacated manner otherwise as his foremost
    asset is supposed to be his intellect. Darkseid really doesnt factor in, and the fact that he's been reduced sucks a bit really.
    he's supposed to be uber all the time. as for the DC fans doing it, all i can say is go over to marvel.com, and read the first
    couple pages of Thanos's Respect thread. its nothing but straight up Thanos dissing. and thats from Marvel fans.
    the reason? they were just as sick of Thanos uberness, with no real logical reasons given for why. 

as for jobbing, or being displayed ridiculously, it happens to all characters eventually, and that eventual will happen
    sooner the more in the spotlight they are. theres not really any complex factors involved, this is just done. you
    know well that any character that can be named who has been in enough comics has PIS/CIS/WIS moments.
    both Thanos and Darkseid are big targets for this, but so are many others.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By King_Saturn
    what is this... is the OP having a nervous breakdown or something over DC Characters ? man... let it go
    geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By geraldthesloth
    @OhTru: You're OhTruley the biggest idiot on this site.
    Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#40  Edited By Night Thrasher

Thanos is bada$$. So is Darkseid. You can post jobber pics for both but their accomplishments are immense. Respect both cause both are worth it. You don't need to bash one to make the other greater. Use some reasoning and put the accomplishments side by side and you decide for yourself who's greater. I'm a SS fan so I naturally lean towards Thanos.

OhTru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By OhTru

@geraldthesloth said:

" @OhTru: You're OhTruley the biggest idiot on this site. "

Myth2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Myth2009
    @OhTru said:
    " I think the biggest difference is the mindset between Marvel and DC comics

Marvel comics is usually about Under-Powered heroes facing over whelming odds, multiple human problems, multiple villains and still they some how getting on top of things.
    DC comics minus the Batman, is generally about Over-Powered Heroes, facing some weak sneaky villain, they scold them, tell them not to rob the bank again and the weak villains come back another day to try and foil the big iconic overpowered hero 

Minus the good old Bat, let's look at some of the rogues gallery of the most popular DC heroes
    FLASH
    Granted his superpowers by an act of god, a combo of chemicals and a magic bolt from the blue
    Got a problem, don't worry Flash has lots of friends, we have Uncle Flash, Kid Flash, Mommy Flash,  
    JesseFlash, I'm not sure where the family linage goes here but I'm pretty sure she has a daddy called Johnny Quick...point is he will never run out of friends or speed
    Got a difficult villain, don't worry we can just run very fast like light speed fast and smack them with an Infinite Mass Punch,  or if they don't feel pain then just chuck the bad guy into a big glowing whirlpool called Speed Force, its kinda like the delete button on your keybord, its a way of putting everything into the trash can 
    Typical Enemies
    Captain Cold he's basically Mr Freeze but he has a nasty gun and its more cold, the Trickster...think of a bad version of Green Goblin but this time he uses explosive teddy bears, Captain Boomerang ok these is getting lame...forget the Flash and his super speed

SUPERMAN
    He's iconic, he's got tonnes on fanboys in the comics and in the real world, he's stronger than anyone, faster than anyone and he can be a superdick taking cigarettes away from everyone and stopping teenages from drinking and nobody would blink an eye to his megalomania, no matter what Superman does all of Metropolis and all of DC Universe would still love him.
     Public Perception  he's the best, we love his cape and we love his red underpants 
    Brought up on a farm with the perfect ever loving family the Kents, they were loving, always around, not only did they cook him breakfast, pay for his school the Kents even made his damn costume for him. Experienced tragedy like Batman and Spiderman, but he was a baby so he doesn't remember jack. 
    Supes: "My planet blew up?"  "Who gives a F*%k! I don't remember it. I got a perfect new planet to live on, much nicer parents and a really easy number at my Newspaper, my boss is 100 times nice than JJ." 
    " Oh yeah and my girlfriend, I don't have to go chasing after her like Mary Jane. Lois is much easier to satisfy, she's like one of those old un-liberated stereotypes you find in a 1950s movie. She will even throw herself out a window to get my attention. "
    Powers, didn't have to work for them or be worthy or anything. Got them automatically thanks to my alien physiology, give me those yellow sun rays and I can fly faster than a bullet and throw trucks and ships around like baseballs.
    Enemies -  
    Some criminal, an ordinary bank robber. Against a guy like me who stops bullets with his eyeball, piece of cake....unless the criminal has a green rock where by your good old Superman digs deep pushes a bit harder, gets back up after his kryptonite exposure and whoops this silly criminal. Why does Superman win so easy, because he's that f*cking super. 
    Lex Luthor, a baldy real estate agent. A supposed genius who still hasn't figured out how to end Superman. 
    unless Luthor has found a green rock where by Superman digs deep pushes a bit harder, gets back up after his kryptonite exposure and whoops this silly real estate agent. Why because Superman is that f*cking super.
    Other enimeis 
    Grundy, some zombified beefcake with no speed, no flight, no super breath, no heat vision....you get the picture
    Zod, an older cranky version of Superman who was a mad dictator when Superman was a baby. Thankfully Superman has him beat on youth and he's not soaked up as much yellow sun as Superman. All Superman needs to do is put a little extra wham behind those punches and this old fart is back into the history books.
    Bizarro this is like a really lame version of Superman, he is mentally challenged and fights like a monkey. He's the type of guy who would be unable to go to the toilet by himself
    Heck Superman might solo all these idiots on the one night and still be home in time for cornflakes

IRONMAN - 
    Has zero superpowers, every fight he gets into he has to build and invent and bleed his way out of it
    Public Perception he's an arms dealer, registration, the commies already hate him, now the hippies and half the US public hate him
    Even his friends spent half the day trying to knife him in the back, or he gets into a brawl with his fellow heroes and has some of his teeth knocked out 
     Enemies -
    Crimson Dynamo a Russian who is almost his equal in everything apart from Whiskey drinking
    Mandarin, a guy who is almost as powerful as a top Lantern and he's such a wacky expert in old forms of Kungfu that Mandarin can beat the hell out of Tony with even with no mystic rings.
    Then you have guys like Count Nefaria, who is almost a silver age Superman....Tony if he ever had to face all his enemies at once is probably screwed 

THOR - 
    Family nightmare, half of them are nasty and ruthless, has a step-brother who is always plotting against him, trying to trick him, even kill him
    Public Perception, he's a barbarian lunatic with the powers of a God or  he's a mentally disturbed Dr. Blake and should be thrown into a mental hospital
    Enemies -
    The Hulk, the strongest guy on Earth, and Thor has to constantly face him in hand to hand battle 
    The Midgard Serpant, invulnerable to injury, bigger than a city, ability to cause floods earth quakes land slides  just by moving around
    Atum the God Eater he only comsumes other Gods and Hela  the Asgardian Goddess of Death 

SPIDERMAN 
    A working man's burden, has to put up with a screaming JJ at the office who only wants photos to incriminate Spider-Man as a vigilante and a villain. The girl he's after has her own troubles, comes from an abusive house, then  Mary Jane makes it with her modeling career and Peter has to chase her as she began dating many other actors and famous people. Pete barley has time to study, write papers, often can't pay the rent, parents were never there and his father figure, his Uncle gets murdered in his first comic.
    Enemies

Of Course Superman wasn't always so invincible, all that started to change with introductions of stories from Moore, Starlin, Jack Kirby suddenly we had people like Mongul and Darkseid coming in and beating not just Superman but entire teams of JLA.
    Then came the Crisis, DC was to make Superman a little less powerful so the watered him down but that meant his villains would be much stronger. So the DC writers really watered them down, Mongul now needed devices or rings to ever be a threat again and Darkseid became a jobber.
    DC felt if it had powerful villains that would easily beat Superman it would some how make him less SUPER
      "
    I couldn't have said this any better...nice!
    TheGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By TheGuy
    @OhTru: Sup' Truepwnage
    Avatar image for darkknight96000
    darkknight96000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By darkknight96000

Want to talk jobber's let's talk about Galactus he's supposed to be equal to Eternity but he's constantly the victim of some of the worst pis in comics and he's a Marvel character. 

Point is both companies do it because at the end of the day it's pretty damn hard to write for such powerful characters even if their bad guys, nevermind good guys.  

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @geraldthesloth said:
    " @OhTru: You're OhTruley the biggest idiot on this site. "
    Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
    @OhTru said:

FLASH
    Typical Enemies

SUPERMAN
    Enemies -  
    Other enimeis 

IRONMAN - 
     Enemies -

THOR - 
    Enemies -

SPIDERMAN 
    Enemies

"
    Please go play in traffic
    thetitan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By thetitan0

wow 

negamegas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#48  Edited By negamegas
    @BatDance:
    lol, Photoshop. 

Thus proving Gladiator never did pound on Darkseid. 

Oh, btw..... 
    Darkseid > Thanos. :P
    tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By tensor
    @OhTru said:

FLASH
    Typical Enemies

SUPERMAN
    Enemies -  
    Other enimeis 

IRONMAN - 
     Enemies -

THOR - 
    Enemies -

SPIDERMAN 
    Enemies

"
    for someone who does not like dc u sure read alot of it
    BIackFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By BIackFlash
    @BatDance said:
    " @DC_Marvel_1000 said:

" darkseid IS sky-father level and has shown it a couple times "

I would argue differently, Pre Crisis was Skyfather might even have some feats that put him above Skyfather

but Post Crisis is a joke

Jobberseid's Omega Effect 

block it by making a funny face

Doomsday blocks it with his knee 

Out run it, Superman flies faster than it driving it around into Jobberseid's back

Wonder Woman reflects the Omega Beams

Superman stops the OE out right by punching Jobberseid until his eyes swell shut leaving him blind and begging for mercy

more jobbing

No LSD comics from the 60s

No photoshops

It's Official.
    He's now a tomato can. The Darkseid name means nothing anymore
    Kirby must be turning in his grave and the sucky writing "
    Darkseid got depowered, not many fans anymore
    The cult that stay around worshiping the new guy are just a bunch of sour puss motherf#ckers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.