Thanos And Darkseid

Posted by The Outrages Spider-boy (38 posts) - - Show Bio

Are they brothers?

I mean they look so strongly alike and they both have the same powers their both rulers of their own worlds and both badass,So i'm wondering are they related in anyway and if so how?
=/

#1 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos was made as an homage to Darkseid.

#2 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4165 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah they ain't related. Although that would be pretty cool. Thanos is definately the one with the cooler head, after all he has some redeeming qualities, unlike Darkseid who is just evil.

#3 Posted by Decept-O (7277 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkseid wants the 'Anti-Life Equation", Thanos wants to "marry" Death.  Same thing.  Thanos is pretty much Marvel's version of Darkseid, but they aren't related. 

Both Marvel and DC have characters that are quite similar to one another in a way, and this is one of the more obvious ones. 

However, both of these major villains are a lot of fun to read when they're well written, especially Thanos.

#4 Posted by Jon Muad'Dib (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Let me add one other Jim Starlin influenced character, Synnar, he looks and has very similiar powers/ goals as these two.

#5 Posted by Kreatis (44 posts) - - Show Bio

thanos is not a homage to darkseid in anyway BUT they are very well written and powerfull characters and after reading both major stories i have to say that thanos' THANOS QUEST/INFINITY GAUNTLET puts him as the one of the best written comic book characters in existence.. but thats another topic ^-^

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.