Should Thanos be put on a list of mutants?

#1 Edited by cennobite (365 posts) - - Show Bio

Since Thanos is a mutant Eternal, and the Eternal's are just an off shot of humans, should Thanos be put on a list of mutants with Cyclops and Wolverine and all the rest. Like Namor is on the list and he is a mutant Atlantean/Human hybrid.

#2 Posted by jloneblackheart (5507 posts) - - Show Bio

where is the list of mutants?

#3 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4165 posts) - - Show Bio

No I don't think so. I think the Eternals are so much different then Humanity that they shouldn't be compared. You can technically call Thanos a mutant because of his Deviant genes, but I would classify him as a Deviant before I would a mutant.

I also never understood what makes Namor a mutant, is it because he's an Atlantian/Human?

#4 Posted by jloneblackheart (5507 posts) - - Show Bio

doesn't that make Namor a hybrid, not a mutant?

#5 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4165 posts) - - Show Bio
@jloneblackheart: That's what I mean, if anything he is a hybrid not a mutant, but I know people have referred to him as a mutant. I just never saw any type of mutant powers.
#6 Posted by cennobite (365 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Namor was classified as a mutant because he had all of the basic Atlantean abilities but enhanced plus had the wings on his feet, the ability to communicate with animals and the ability to mimic the abilities of sea life. 

#7 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio
@cennobite said:
" I think Namor was classified as a mutant because he had all of the basic Atlantean abilities but enhanced plus had the wings on his feet, the ability to communicate with animals and the ability to mimic the abilities of sea life.  "
Namor is a mutant but Thanos is not.
#8 Posted by Nubiankenji (4 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos is a "mutated " Titan of birth but by interference. So he is more of an experiment gone great.
#9 Edited by jloneblackheart (5507 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nubiankenji:  who interfered?
#10 Posted by OhTru (1583 posts) - - Show Bio
@jloneblackheart said:
" @Nubiankenji:  who interfered? "
The Celestials made the original Eternals found on Earth
#11 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio

personally i dont think so. in Marvel im pretty sure mutants contain an active x-gene,
and Thanos does not, much less he doesnt even have an Earthlings biology. the term
mutant itself can be used in a few ways, and i think that Thanos has been called a mutant, 
but it wasnt as a classification of the mutant race.

#12 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio

actually, i cant say i agree with myself. he may be. he's been called a mutant by the way that he
is a mutation of his own race, and mutants arent actually exclusive to humans. the mutant Skrull sect
and whale would be prime examples.

#13 Posted by IrishX (2354 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd vote No.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.