Respect Thanos

Posted by Night Thrasher (3586 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's something I don't get on this site: It's the eternal debate over Darkseid and Thanos. I love Thanos; but I also love Darkseid (anybody, who even a Superman fanboy has to admit can kick Superman's butt, is alright with me). But here's the dilemma, DC fanboys won't give Thanos any respect. Here's the supposed logic; Darkseid=Silver Surfer>Superman>Thanos. Huh? How does that work. If Darkseid is on par with Silver Surfer, then how is Thanos below Superman? Thanos is greater even than the Surfer in terms of power, even without the Infinity Gauntlet; I have proof below. give the man his respect. 

#1 Posted by Agent9149 (2890 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkseid says no.
#3 Posted by Night Thrasher (3586 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt: This isn't an "anti-darkseid" rant. It's more of an "anti-fanboy logic" rant. You can be a fan of Thanos and Darkseid simultaneously. You can even admit that one can beat the other, or that they are equals, and be no less of a fan. That's really all this blog is about
#4 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@Night Thrasher: I get that, I didn't mean to troll. Darkseid is more powerful than Thanos. 

HOWEVER

Thanos jobs far less than Darkseid, so they're more or less equal in that regard. Personally though, I don't like Thanos. I'm not sure why, but truth be told, I don't like anything Jim Starlin has ever done, and I'm not sure why, it's just not my cup of tea, even though I like cosmic stuff. I think it's because he uses a lot of reality warping stuff, and I hate every version of reality warping that isn't equal to or above Spectre level.
#5 Posted by IrishX (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

The Mad Titan is cool... 

#6 Posted by jloneblackheart (5494 posts) - - Show Bio

My favorite of the hundreds of awesome things Thanos has done and asses he has kicked 

#7 Posted by karrob (4274 posts) - - Show Bio
@Night Thrasher said:
" @FadeToBlackBolt: This isn't an "anti-darkseid" rant. It's more of an "anti-fanboy logic" rant. You can be a fan of Thanos and Darkseid simultaneously. You can even admit that one can beat the other, or that they are equals, and be no less of a fan. That's really all this blog is about "
I agree
#8 Posted by DRDOOMSDAY390 (1255 posts) - - Show Bio

(( i sorry to say but thanos is equal to darkseid he's not less powerful who am im kidding thanos is pretty much strong enough to even beat him depends  and dc fanboys won't admit it dc seem to made darkseid a weak joke now  oh one more thing thanos is below superman? look i like superman but he's is not any higher level for god sake thanos can easy match superman strength it's gets very annoying that superman fanboys overhype him so much it's just stupid.))    
#9 Posted by TimeKeeper (1222 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm a Thanos junkie.  I give Darkseid mad props, but I gotta go with Thanos on a fight, unless darkseid has prep time and Thanos doesn't.  I'd probably give Darkseid a lot less respect though, if he didn't have his omega beams.   

Thanos rules.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.