Im looking for credible Thanos feats that aren't PIS

#1 Posted by stevon (1022 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm looking for Thanos feats that aren't PIS* (like when he beat the Surfer to death). I think some of the respect threads around the internet are missing some feats and/or are outdated. If anyone has, specifically, Intellect/Strength/Tech feats then I'd be grateful. For intellect feats I'm not including instances when he outsmarted In Betweener, Mephisto, or the Elders, becaue most of the marvel cosmic entities don't strike me as intelligent enough for it to be considered IMO. If your a fan of Thanos and think I'm wrong about the above-fine, but I'm not counting things that are constantly considered PIS because many refer to if as such.

*I'm sure an almost accurate definition of PIS (Plot Induced Stupidity) is when an opponent don't use their full abilities or don't think rationally when they have in the past, to make another character look better. Hope that helps.
#2 Posted by CrimsonAlchemist (410 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lethal Elegance: Oh please Kara got nothing on Thanos,nothing.
#3 Posted by warlord1234 (1260 posts) - - Show Bio
@stevon said:

" I'm looking for Thanos feats that aren't PIS* (like when he beat the Surfer to death). I think some of the respect threads around the internet are missing some feats and/or are outdated. If anyone has, specifically, Intellect/Strength/Tech feats then I'd be grateful. For intellect feats I'm not including instances when he outsmarted In Betweener, Mephisto, or the Elders, becaue most of the marvel cosmic entities don't strike me as intelligent enough for it to be considered IMO. If your a fan of Thanos and think I'm wrong about the above-fine, but I'm not counting things that are constantly considered PIS because many refer to if as such. *I'm sure an almost accurate definition of PIS (Plot Induced Stupidity) is when an opponent don't use their full abilities or don't think rationally when they have in the past, to make another character look better. Hope that helps. "

But is still cunning. What do you define has cunning? Cunning is when you use your intellect to outsmart someone in order to complete your agenda. Here a Thanos respect thread.
 http://lounge.moviecodec.com/vs-forum/respect-thanos-51318/ 
#4 Edited by jloneblackheart (5496 posts) - - Show Bio

Since Thanos first appeared in the comics, he has consistently shown to outmatch almost all opponents in the areas of energy projection, mental abilities and durability. He has outsmarted some of the greatest minds in the universe, matched energies with cosmic level beings and survived their wrath, has some of the most advanced technology in the universe and has taken on nearly every Marvel character and come out on top.  

Only PIS I can think of is when he got arrested and his Thanoscopter got impounded. 

#5 Posted by ComicMan24 (147042 posts) - - Show Bio
@jloneblackheart: Thanoscopter?
#6 Posted by jloneblackheart (5496 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicMan24: 

The worst comic in Thanos history. 
#7 Posted by ComicMan24 (147042 posts) - - Show Bio
@jloneblackheart: I have no doubt after seeing those scans. Seriously, he got arrested? This is canon?
#8 Posted by Jake Fury (18116 posts) - - Show Bio

Taking on Odin.  

Easily dispatching Champion who is in possesion of the Quantum Bands.
#9 Posted by CosmicGod432 (177 posts) - - Show Bio

Well right now Thanos is pretty powerful considering that "HE BASICALLY CANNOT DIE" because of Death rejecting him and all. But a lot has changed since he been gone, and no body knows how he will keep up with others .

#10 Posted by Star_Lord (369 posts) - - Show Bio

There are no PIS feats from Thanos he is either A)Simply powerful enough to do such a feat. Or B)He does it with prep(he is one of the best in all of comics at it). 

And Thanos beating up SS is not PIS. Thanos is more powerful than Silver Surfer in everyway(except flight speed, obviously). He is highly underestimated on this site.

#11 Posted by Theodore (3445 posts) - - Show Bio
@jloneblackheart said:
" @ComicMan24: 

The worst comic in Thanos history.  "
And people think this guy can beat Darkseid...
(joke)
#12 Posted by jloneblackheart (5496 posts) - - Show Bio
@Theodore said:

And people think this guy can beat Darkseid... (joke) "
This is from an issue of Spidey Super Stories or something. It's not canon. But since you brought up Darkseid... 

Darkseid Gets Beat By Common Street Criminals 
#13 Posted by Theodore (3445 posts) - - Show Bio
@jloneblackheart said:
" @Theodore said:

And people think this guy can beat Darkseid... (joke) "
This is from an issue of Spidey Super Stories or something. It's not canon. But since you brought up Darkseid... 

Darkseid Gets Beat By Common Street Criminals 
"
lol yeah its pathetic
#14 Posted by jloneblackheart (5496 posts) - - Show Bio
@Theodore: If only some writers knew as much as the readers know about comics...
#15 Posted by Metatron_Da_Don (1037 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL

#16 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

Daaaaamm, darkseid got owned like a hoe

#17 Posted by Enosisik (1153 posts) - - Show Bio

Characters evolve. Thanos was a bad dude back then but not like he has been in the past twenty years.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.