How you want Thanos portrayed on the big screen

#1 Posted by P0rtal (856 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, I am a big star wars fan and darth vader was always THE iconic villain of all time. Honorable mentions for me went to Sho Nuff from the Last Dragon, Agent Smith from the Matrix and a few other great baddies similar to them. I hope they give Thanos his just due, he deserves the spotlight as the main villain in the next avengers movie, or even a spin off of his own, perhaps even a lot of screen time in the GOTG movie thats coming soon. I do want him to be portrayed as the next "awesome bad guy" that will remain iconic for the next 40 yrs, something my grandkids can watch decades from now and say wow, he is awesome, put posters of him up on their wall and play with his action figures.

I love thanos, his character enthralls me and he was my favorite Marvel baddie of all time. When I saw him at the end of the Avengers credits ( originally, I had no clue he was going to make a cameo or that the dude working with Loki was actually working for Thanos ) I just about lost it in the theater. I blurted out HOLY......well you know the rest. Little kids and my family around me were like who the hell was that. After the shock wore off, I tried to explain it all to my nephew who seemed really interested in this whole comics thing. Months later, he is a comic nut bar like myself and recently read the infinity gauntlet arc, came back to me with wide eyes in total shock and couldnt stop talking about it.

Anyone else feel Thanos deserves a huge spotlight in Marvels future?

#2 Posted by anihush (132 posts) - - Show Bio

I think he needs s huge spot like Infinity guantlet spot

#3 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (70 posts) - - Show Bio

very very very powerful. I love how Hulk beat Loki really quickly in Avengers, but it won't work again in Avengers 2

#4 Posted by JonSmith (3875 posts) - - Show Bio

As long as they don't portray him human sized. Thanos is quite a bit larger than humans in the comics, standing about the same size as a Hulk. He should be portrayed as such!

#5 Posted by TheSwordsman (1954 posts) - - Show Bio

Not as an effeminate, comical, character aka Loki that's for sure.

#6 Posted by muhabba (283 posts) - - Show Bio

As long as he's played along the lines of how he was used int The Thanos Quest, I can't see how it will fail.

#7 Posted by NewComicGuy (93 posts) - - Show Bio

@JonSmith He seemed pretty imposing size-wise when he was on screen. If I remember, they just showed his head but it definitely wasn't average size.

#8 Posted by mk111 (3136 posts) - - Show Bio

As long as Thanos is strong as heck, has good motivations and dialogue, and beats up the Avengers, than all should be well.

#9 Posted by P0rtal (856 posts) - - Show Bio

I would also prefer him to absolutely wreck Hulk 1v1. In fact, If they are going to attempt to steal back the Gauntlet that Odin keeps around, I hope Thanos and Odin duke it out for a bit. Would be awesome to see Odin as Zeus for help, they both get wrecked and then have to plea to Galactus for help. ( if they are going to do an original story and not follow the comics )

meh, a guy can dream

#10 Posted by GreenScar1990 (457 posts) - - Show Bio

I want Thanos to be extremely intelligent and cunning. Thanos should be powerful enough to hold his own against Hulk & Thor at the same time. And his voice needs to be sinister, while his stature being impressive and intimidating (smaller than Hulk, yet larger than Thor).

#11 Posted by ThanoStomp (759 posts) - - Show Bio

@GreenScar1990 said:

I want Thanos to be extremely intelligent and cunning. Thanos should be powerful enough to hold his own against Hulk & Thor at the same time. And his voice needs to be sinister, while his stature being impressive and intimidating (smaller than Hulk, yet larger than Thor).

Spot on.

#12 Posted by Crash_Recovery (850 posts) - - Show Bio

Not at all.

#13 Posted by TimeKeeper (1222 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Thanos absolutely rocks!!! I just wonder how they'll portray his defeat. Obviously he's not going to kill the avengers, I just wonder how they'll do it. I think it will be pretty lame if they have him admit his own defeat, like IG. But he is going after mistress death, so maybe they'll use the cosmic cube (tesseract?? Why did they call it that???) to actually kill him in the movie.

#14 Posted by Z3RO180 (5947 posts) - - Show Bio

Huge, powerful, so evil evil saten runs away in fear and purple....very purple.

#15 Posted by CosmicCommonSense (71 posts) - - Show Bio

who else is a little scared there going to absolutely butcher every aspect of him since theres never really been someone as powerful as him in a marvel movie

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.