Follow

Thanos

Character » Thanos appears in 1257 issues.

An Eternal with the Deviant gene, making him unique and extremely powerful, even amongst his own kind. Above all else, Thanos loves and worships Mistress Death. Few can equal his intelligence, strength, and ambition for power. Thanos has wielded the Cosmic Cube, the Infinity Gauntlet, and even the Heart of the Universe.

For Thanos Fans

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Valkaad

I just got Warlock and The Inifinity watch #25 off of Ebay and I must say I am pleasantly surprised. For those Thanos fans that haven't read it or don't know, That is the issue where Odin reportedly (on the vine) beats Thanos. If you haven't read the issue but you have read on the vine that Odin beats Thanos I have good news for you... I read the issue and Odin doesn't beat him!! They go toe to toe in Asgard (Odin's Realm where he is supreme in power) and Odin cannot stop/hurt him. Midway through the stalemate where Odin is trying to kill Thanos (yes he admits he has been trying to kill him) he summons Gungnir for help. He actually needs his spear to help him face Thanos! Even with Gugnir in hand Odin can't stop Thanos from pressing the fight. Thanos is so relentless he wades through everything Zeus is throwing at him and grabs Gungnir!!!! That's right, Odin is trying to kill Thanos and cannot even stop him from walking up to him and grabbing his spear. Thanos and Odin blast into the air surrounded by energy. Odin does succeed in dislodging Thanos from the spear and knocking him down. Odin comments on thanos "It has been Eons since I have fought such a foe". Thanos rises smoldering and when Odin asks "do you yield villain" Thanos replies "NO!"   Odin's eye lights up like he is about to fight again, and Thanos hands crackle with energy when the infinity watch shows up and keeps them from continuing the fight.  
    Other than getting knocked down Thanos totally stood toe to toe and matched Odin. Getting knocked down is not a defeat!!! Thanos took on Odin with Gugnir in Asgard and stalemated him!! Thanos is the MAN!  
    For Thanos fans who haven't read it, the art is pretty bad, but it is a must have for your Thanos badassery collection!

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Valkaad

Anyone other fans read this issue? 

Avatar image for majinblackheart
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

It's actually the only issue of the Blood and Thunder arc I don't have and one of two issues of Warlock and the Infinity Watch I don't have. Sounds like one of the better ones. Your description helps fill in the blanks for me though, so thanks.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

I read the issue but I'm not a fan of Thanos.More a fan of Warlock. 

Avatar image for thejuggernautpunch
    TheJuggernautpunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'm not a fan of Thanos but I like him . And yes , I've read that issue .

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Also I think people were saying Thanos lost to Odin because all he did was survive.He didn't put up much of a fight.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf392a6a3b92
    deactivated-5bf392a6a3b92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

I am so ticked off that I don't have that issue!
    PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By PowerHerc

Thanos is the baddest of the bad Marvel villains.
    darth_fletcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By darth_fletcher

Blood and Thunder is top story and that issue for me was a fantastic read !!!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.