Follow

Terry McGinnis

Character » Terry McGinnis appears in 408 issues.

Born with a partial strand of the original Batman's DNA, Terry McGinnis was a reformed juvenile delinquent who stole the Batman suit to avenge the murder of his father. Under Wayne's guidance, Terry became The Tomorrow Knight of futuristic Neo-Gotham: Batman Beyond.

When Bruce Dies How Will Terry Fair As Batman?

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By ComicStooge

A thought crossed me today.I wondered how Terry McGinnis would work when\if Bruce was to die of old age? Would he work differently, act differently? How do you think he would do?
    Jotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Jotham

I think he'd do fine. He'd probably just be a little more serious.

Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

He's already a perfect fit. I'd see him becoming a bit more gritty with all the weight that would be on his shoulders.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: -1

#4  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

He'd act the same, the only difference would be is that he wouldn't have this grumpy old man yelling in his ear telling him how to dangle a villain over the side of a building :P

But no, I think we got a sense of how trained Terry was in the last episode of JLU which spotlighted on Terry and was the "official" final episode to the Batman Beyond series, even though Bruce wasn't dead, he was getting there though, but Terry did everything, from breaking into Amanda Waller's mansion, to working with the Justice League to help them take down most of his rouges gallery, which he did all on his own without Bruce's help or advice. I think he would act much the same as he does now, maybe a little darker/serious yes, but the thing that makes Terry a great Batman is that he does things differently than Bruce, like speaking to villains and taunting them (Spidey style), for example in the movie Return of the Joker, he beat the Joker by messing with him, like Bruce, Terry didn't find any of his jokes funny, but unlike Bruce, Terry actually taunted the Joker possessed Tim Drake by making fun of his jokes and laughing at the Joker because of them, something Bruce never does with villains (like laughing, or even smiling for that matter), which in the end gave him the edge he needed to defeat the Joker and have Tim.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By ComicStooge
    @War Killer:
    I saw that. That's what made me love Terry so much.
    Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By Magian
    @CATMANEXE said:
    " He's already a perfect fit. I'd see him becoming a bit more gritty with all the weight that would be on his shoulders. "
    This.
    Amegashita

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By Amegashita

In Mainstream U, isn't Damian the one teaching Terry?  Not Bruce.

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#8  Edited By Kairan1979

As we saw in the Epilogue episode, when Bruce dies, Terry will be mature enough to handle being Batman without supervisor.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.