Follow

Terry McGinnis

Character » Terry McGinnis appears in 408 issues.

Born with a partial strand of the original Batman's DNA, Terry McGinnis was a reformed juvenile delinquent who stole the Batman suit to avenge the murder of his father. Under Wayne's guidance, Terry became The Tomorrow Knight of futuristic Neo-Gotham: Batman Beyond.

Is it time to reboot Batman Beyond?

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: -1

#1  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

This cover does not scream:
      This cover does not scream: "new reader friendly!"

Does anyone else feel, with the New 52 going on, that it's time to reboot the futuristic world of Terry McGinnis, The Dark Knight of the future?

Like myself, I know many fans loved the show and the new (and old) characters that it introduced (or reintroduced) us to, and for over three seasons, and even a full-length animated movie, we were able to see a future where Bruce Wayne, The Batman, had retired and Gotham was more corrupt than ever. A future where the streets were stalked by gangs like the Jokerz and large industries dominated the world through money, power, and intimidation. But most of all, we were introduced to a young man by the name of Terry McGinnis.

Much like Bruce Wayne, Terry lost his father to the crime of Gotham and vowed to avenge his death. This would eventually lead Terry to taking up the mantle of Batman and, under Bruce's guidance, would pick up where Bruce left off. It's an interesting concept and an idea that could have bombed big with the fans, but instead created a whole new group of fans with the idea of having an old Bruce Wayne train the next Batman, guiding him as he battle a whole new group of deadly villains, while also trying to balance school, family, and a romance life.

What New 52 Batman Beyond could look like.
    What New 52 Batman Beyond could look like.

Since DC ended the DCAU, we have seen the universe continue in various comics over the years, with the most recent being the digital comic Batman Beyond Unlimited. But sadly, while many might disagree, I personally believe it's time DC put that universe to rest and focused on something newer and more modern. While all of those stories are great, and classic to long time DC fans, the problem is that it's hard for a new reader to pick up a comic of Batman Beyond without feeling like they have to watch a whole universe of cartoons.

Personally I believe it's time DC rebooted the Beyond Universe, starting over from the beginning with fresh stories and new takes on futuristic versions of these fan favorite characters. Giving us a more modern take on these characters, and hopefully reigniting the spark that caused fans to fall in love with these characters in the first place.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

No.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By InnerVenom123
    StrangeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The beauty of Batman Beyond is that it's a possible future, that's it, since it will never be considered in-canon there is no need to try to reboot it or try to make it fit with the DCnU, it's its own thing and it should stay like that.

Honestly, I don't think people get the point of reboots and revamps anymore, I can't blame them being that everything gets rebooted nowadays, but it's still no reason to go reboot things that need no reboot. You do a reboot to try to revitalize a franchise or brand when it has no place to go, when it has lost its appeal, or when it's long since forgotten, and Batman Beyond doesn't suffer from any of this, so for now, no, eventually it will probably happen (by "eventually" I mean decades, hopefully), but for now, just no.

Avatar image for deactivated-1358091
    deactivated-1358091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

UltraSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No.

DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Oh god, hopefully they give him a mouth plate or something, that open jaw costume looks wierd.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I say bring it on

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

I wonder how many pepole in this thread actually read Batman Beyond

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.