Follow

Terry McGinnis

Character » Terry McGinnis appears in 408 issues.

Born with a partial strand of the original Batman's DNA, Terry McGinnis was a reformed juvenile delinquent who stole the Batman suit to avenge the murder of his father. Under Wayne's guidance, Terry became The Tomorrow Knight of futuristic Neo-Gotham: Batman Beyond.

I Thought The Batman Beyond Comics Aren't In The Mainstream DCU?

Avatar image for deactivated-60d8e8271946e
    deactivated-60d8e8271946e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

I thought they take place after the cartoon. Not in the mainstream Universe, nevertheless, it's getting re-launched.

Adnan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Adnan

There is a little confusion regarding it. Basically, after FP, it's getting relaunched at #1 **but** it's continuing the storyline from before. Essentially, all it's doing is bringing it's format in line with everything is, which is causing more confusion that anything else, ironically. It's unclear at-the-moment whether it's part of the 52 or not, although it'd be wierd if it was revealed alongside all the Superman stuff tomorrow.

Grubich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Grubich

why does everyone assume hes never gonna be part of the main dc comics? harley was 1st introduced in the animated series and shees part of the main comics, why cant terry?

Avatar image for majinblackheart
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

Barbara Gordon could walk in Batman Beyond..... she is getting that ability back here soon after the revamp. Coincidence?

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By Mercy_
    @jloneblackheart

Barbara Gordon could walk in Batman Beyond..... she is getting that ability back here soon after the revamp. Coincidence?

O___o interesting observation.
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By Mercy_
    @Grubich
    why does everyone assume hes never gonna be part of the main dc comics? harley was 1st introduced in the animated series and shees part of the main comics, why cant terry?
    The issue isn't that he originated in the cartoon, it's the future timeline thing.
    Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By Magian
    @jloneblackheart said:

True. Didn't think of that.
    Grubich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Grubich
    @jloneblackheart said:

along with Dick going back to being nightwing
    EnSabahNurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By EnSabahNurX
    @Grubich said:
    @jloneblackheart said:

lol and batman inc is part of batman beyond's continuity, they are slowly bringing the gap between the main continuity and the possible future
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#10  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @EnSabahNurX said:
    @Grubich said:
    @jloneblackheart said:

lol and batman inc is part of batman beyond's continuity, they are slowly bringing the gap between the main continuity and the possible future
    Is Batman Inc. still part of the main continuity now with the reboot? O_o
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

@War Killer
    I believe it is. It's going to run through issue 10 then take a break. Then it will continue in January I believe? It's all tied in to the current Leviathan story Morrison has been building up to.
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @Jake Fury said:
    @War Killer: I believe it is. It's going to run through issue 10 then take a break. Then it will continue in January I believe? It's all tied in to the current Leviathan story Morrison has been building up to.
    But that doesn't make any sense, how can it be in the same continuity if Dick and Barbara are going to be Nightwing and Batgirl again, not to mention what's up with Tim Drake, how can they have Batman Inc. without those guys as members, like Tim Drake leading the Outsiders, and Dick being the Batman of Gotham, and Batgirl running Internet 3.0 or whatever Bruce called it? o_O

<-----Is confused again.... -__-
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

@War Killer
    The way I understood it is that it'll be the last pre-reboot story. Don't quote me on that though.  
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @Jake Fury said:
    @War Killer: The way I understood it is that it'll be the last pre-reboot story. Don't quote me on that though.  
    So if that's true, basically everyone else has throw there work or anything they had planned out the window, but because he's Grant Morrison he gets to finish HIS story even though it would be pointless at that point? That's just stupid...
    tbone1225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By tbone1225

Someone told me a while ago that Batman Beyond was recently proven to be canon.

EnSabahNurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By EnSabahNurX
    @War Killer said:
    @EnSabahNurX said:
    @Grubich said:
    @jloneblackheart said:

Is Batman Inc. still part of the main continuity now with the reboot? O_o
    I don't think batman's continuity is being changed too much, it might be mentioned, because I thought dick was returning to the Nightwing persona and that would be addressed post reboot(relaunch), I'm pretty sure the dick as batman is still part of his story but maybe reworked to fit the new continuity
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By Primmaster64

Batman Beyond takes place in Earth-12

webling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By webling

It's not one of the 52 new #1's since those are DCU, it's just going to #1 so any new readers looking for #1's from DC think it's one of the 52 and be more likely to buy it since those ones are starting at the beginning even though this one isn't. Beechen did say he is going to do an origin story for the newbies at some point: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/06/08/dc-relaunch-batman-beyond-1/

Sydpart2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Sydpart2

It is main line and it's closing the gaps, it's been doing so since the beginning of the run, anyone who says it isn't main DCU canon hasn't read the damn books and the letters pages. END OF STORY!
    @War Killer said:

@Jake Fury said:
    @War Killer: The way I understood it is that it'll be the last pre-reboot story. Don't quote me on that though.  
    So if that's true, basically everyone else has throw there work or anything they had planned out the window, but because he's Grant Morrison he gets to finish HIS story even though it would be pointless at that point? That's just stupid...

He get's to continue because he's been working on this for six plus years and that took place before any plans about the relaunch, Johns got to do everything he wanted to with GL and that's all staying around, why shouldn't Morrison?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.