Follow

Terry McGinnis

Character » Terry McGinnis appears in 407 issues.

Born with a partial strand of the original Batman's DNA, Terry McGinnis was a reformed juvenile delinquent who stole the Batman suit to avenge the murder of his father. Under Wayne's guidance, Terry became The Tomorrow Knight of futuristic Neo-Gotham: Batman Beyond.

Batman Beyond - Recommend?

RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By RainEffect

I'm not going to lie, the Batman Beyond DLC skin in Arkham City has got me very interested in Terry McGinnis and the whole Batman Beyond universe. 

I know there are a few fanatics on here such as War_Killer and Cattlebattle, so I was wondering if you guys would recommend I pick up a hardcover of Batman Beyond and, if so, which one do you recommend? I saw Hush Beyond in my local shop for a pretty decent price, what are your thoughts?

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

User Lists: 99

#2  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

@RainEffect: hush beyond was decent. Its not the best I've ever seen, but its an intersting combination of recent arcs and the Batman Beyond tv series (though the later is very different)

RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By RainEffect
    @Adnan: @The Poet: Thanks guys, I appreciate your feedback. Yeah, I saw the recent announcement and I'm very interested in it. I know I recently missed that 4 issue mini-series (I think it happened whilst Flashpoint was happening?), what was that like?
    The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

@RainEffect: 4 issue mini series?

Are you talking about the Batman Beyond series which came after Hush Beyond? that was better (the artist actually made the characters look closer to the Batman Beyond characters, which was my one complaint about the Hush arc...incorrect coloring of hair which was not constant with the show...)

RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By RainEffect
    @The Poet said:

@RainEffect: 4 issue mini series?

Are you talking about the Batman Beyond series which came after Hush Beyond? that was better (the artist actually made the characters look closer to the Batman Beyond characters, which was my one complaint about the Hush arc...incorrect coloring of hair which was not constant with the show...)

Yeah! That's the one I was referring to. I thought it only went for 4 issues. >.>

Would you recommend it over Hush Beyond? I watched a little bit of the tv show, so I know who Terry is and who Blight is, but I've never read any of the comics.
    TheOptimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By TheOptimist

I would definitely pick up the Batman Beyond bits that have been published so far. The volumes published to date are a wide variety however... the earliest I have knowledge of is quite in line with the TV show depiciton... Hush Beyond really plays out a single full epic-style arc, with some fun twists and turns... and the recent ongoing attempted to build a sort of hybrid between the two, generating the feeling of the series while retaining much more of the expanded universe pieces. It ends somewhat abruptly, but don't let that stop you, it still is markable as worthy fun and may have some impact in the future publications.

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

@RainEffect: Well, I personally would go with Hush then the rest, because I'm a lineur sort of person, but then thats just me.

• Hush Beyond: Its good. Think Hush, then add batman Beyond to that mix. Its pretty good, though the artist struggled here to get the same looks as the show (hair was my annoyence, it its good otherwise)
    • #1-#3 (of the newer series): this a great section of the newer series if you are interested in the Justice league of the Beyond world.
    • #4: great issue if you liked Max from the series
    • #5-7 (inductrial revolution): if you liked Blight you will like this
    • #8: great if you like Inque.

So, I personally would go with the Hush beyond. if you want to wait till January you can get the new series which will be reprinted in a graphic novel, but its up to you.

hope that helps...

RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By RainEffect
    @The Poet said:

@RainEffect: Well, I personally would go with Hush then the rest, because I'm a lineur sort of person, but then thats just me.

• Hush Beyond: Its good. Think Hush, then add batman Beyond to that mix. Its pretty good, though the artist struggled here to get the same looks as the show (hair was my annoyence, it its good otherwise)
    • #1-#3 (of the newer series): this a great section of the newer series if you are interested in the Justice league of the Beyond world.
    • #4: great issue if you liked Max from the series
    • #5-7 (inductrial revolution): if you liked Blight you will like this
    • #8: great if you like Inque.

So, I personally would go with the Hush beyond. if you want to wait till January you can get the new series which will be reprinted in a graphic novel, but its up to you.

hope that helps...

Thanks heaps, mate! It really does help. I'll probably go with Hush Beyond.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.