Didio and Mckeever announce miniseries

#1 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

At one of the DC panels last weekend at New York Comic Con, Dan Didio introduced Sean McKeever not only as the writer of the ongoing Teen Titans series, but also as the writer of Terror Titans.

Now as any good Titans fan knows, the "Terror Titans" are the villainous teen characters who are appearing in the current storyline of Teen Titans. But introducing McKeever as the writer of a storyline that is almost finished seemed a tad odd to Newsarama, so we stopped Didio at the DC booth and asked if he could explain.

"You introduced him as the writer of Terror Titans," we told Didio.

"I did?" Didio said -- followed by that laugh he uses when he knows something we don't.

A few questions later, we had the scoop, as well as an interview with McKeever about what Didio really meant when he said "Terror Titans." It turns out that Terror Titans is the name of a six-issue mini-series that begins in September with McKeever writing and Joe Bennett on art.

And what we found out in this edition of our Floorbuzz is that this mini-series will touch upon that Dark Side Club everyone's talking about -- the one that's supposed to be connected to events in Final Crisis -- and we'll see a new, well-known teen member of the Terror Titans emerge as the story takes shape.

Newsarama: So what's this about you being "writer of the Terror Titans?"

Sean McKeever: Well, I'm the writer of the Terror Titans. It's a six-issue mini-series that spins out of the current arc in Teen Titans. And it starts in September with Joe Bennett on art.

NRAMA: Haven't you worked with Joe Bennett before?

SM: I actually did. One of my first things that I ever did at Marvel was a three-issue arc in The Incredible Hulk with Paul Jenkins, and Joe did the art on that. And he did a fantastic job, and he's only gotten better and better since. So I'm super excited to be working with him on Terror Titans, 'cause it's all the bad guys, and he's going to be great at drawing the bad guys.

NRAMA: Can you tell us the premise of the story at all?

SM: It spins out of the current Teen Titans arc, and it kind of spins out of Final Crisis as well. So there's not a lot I can give away at this point, except it does have to do with the Dark Side Club that we've seen in the Seven Soldiers Mr. Miracle mini-series and that we will see in this current arc in Teen Titans, and also in Birds of Prey and in a couple other places in the DC Universe.

I don't want to say too much about what the Dark Side Club is. I'll let people find that out for themselves. But the Clock King has a relationship with the Dark Side Club that we follow up on in the Terror Titans mini-series. And the Terror Titans gain a new member. And it's somebody everybody knows. And it's all about what Clock King wants to use the Dark Side Club for, and how he wants to make his team a stronger team.

NRAMA: With the new member that everybody knows, this has to be a teenager, right?

SM: Maybe.

NRAMA: Maybe? But the Terror Titans are teens.

SM: OK, yeah... I can say that. It's a teenager.

NRAMA: Is it somebody who's currently a villain?

SM: [smiles] It depends on how you look at it.

NRAMA: Do the Terror Titans interact with the Teen Titans at all in this mini-series?

SM: Uh... that would be telling.

NRAMA: Well, we wouldn't want that. But can you tell us anything about what's coming up in the regular Teen Titans series?

SM: We're going to be wrapping up the Terror Titans through issue #60. And then issue #61 is going to be a team-up between Kid Devil and Blue Beetle called The Red and the Blue. I'm really excited about that because both those characters are a lot of fun for me to write, and to put them together is just a blast. And then after that, we do an issue focusing on Wendy and Marvin, and their new addition to Titans Tower, Wonder Dog.

NRAMA: Yeah! We heard about that in Friday's panel. So Wonder Dog is going to appear in the DC Universe and become their pet? That's a first, isn't it?

SM: Well, I think there was another Wonder Dog some years back.

NRAMA: But I'm sure he was erased by some Crisis or another.

SM: Yeah. But this is an all-new, current Wendy-and-Marvin Wonder Dog. And people will be talking about him. He's great. It's a really heart-warming story.

NRAMA: But that issue will focus specifically on Wendy and Marvin?

SM: Yeah, I feel like we've brought them into the book a bit more since I took over, and it would be great to just see Titans Tower and the Teen Titans from their point of view. And Cyborg also makes an appearance in this issue.

NRAMA: What comes after that?

SM: After that, there's something pretty big. There's a character that I wanted to put on the Teen Titans from the beginning, but I was not allowed to do it when I first started. But now it seems that I'm allowed to.

Check back all this week for more floor buzz from New York Comic Con.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.