In teen titans (the show) is Terra alive?

#1 Posted by The Poet (8196 posts) - - Show Bio

So, I was bored one day and started watching the really weird Anime-ified Teen titans. I watched the whole series and I was wondering, is Terra alive? or is that girl someone else? Opinions?

#2 Posted by xerox_kitty (15760 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't remember the later series, I thought she came back after she turned on Slade & became a statue.  Ah, my memories of it are all fuzzy, I need to watch them again...
#3 Posted by Adidas Angel (38 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Poet: 
That Is Her AT the School, Yes She Is Alive.
She Just Feels So Bad For Betraying Her Only Friends
(It Happened To The Original Terra In The New Teen Titans Comics)
#4 Posted by The Poet (8196 posts) - - Show Bio
@Adidas Angel: Hmm...it just never really revealed if that was her or just someone similar (they ended the series without revealing if it was her or not).
#5 Posted by Adidas Angel (38 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea, Guessing They Where Trying To Make It A Mystery
The Terra Character Herself Is All One Big Mystery Kind Of :p
But Even In The Teen Titans Go! Comics (That Came Out After The Cartoon Show)
They Say Terra Again (After Beast Boy Finds Her At The School And Decides It's Best To Let Her Be)
But This Time Her Brother (Geo-force) Come To The Titans To Figure Out If His Sister Was Alive Or Dead
They Tell Him The Whole Story About Slade And Terra Saving Them
And Then He Tells Them About How Terra Is A Princess And All That Jazz 
But THEN Geo And Beast Go To Her School Again
Ge0 Says It Definitely Is HER But They Leave her Again, Saying She Has Never Looked Happier >But Terra Never Admits Whether She Is Or Not 
Soooooooooo, It's Suppose To Be A Mystery....i think :P

#6 Posted by The Poet (8196 posts) - - Show Bio
@Adidas Angel: weird.
#7 Posted by Adidas Angel (38 posts) - - Show Bio

Very :P
But That's JUST The Cartoon Terra 
The Other Terra's *sigh* Are Even More Confusing 
;)

#8 Posted by Nighthunter (28561 posts) - - Show Bio

it is her, that is acknowledged in the teen titans go comic where Geo-force shows up

#9 Posted by RedHood16 (50 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree, it is her. I mean, aside from the Spider-Man clones and junk, it almost impossible, even in the DC universe, that this isn't Terra. When Beast Boy hit her with the rock, trying to get her to use her powers, she willingly let it hit her. Then again, maybe she WAS dead, brought Back to life, Had amnesia (like Jason Todd, who might also be Red X), thus forgetting her powers and the Titans....But it is her. :)

#10 Edited by juniorA96758 (49 posts) - - Show Bio

I did not like the end of the animated series. The story ends with many unknowns, and truly do not know why the series ended when it was highly popular.

We must draw the conclusions, that was the idea of writers. Perhaps they did not have a particular story to continue.

I think this character could be Terra really, I prefer that explanation to think she is a clone.

#11 Edited by Justthatkid (1439 posts) - - Show Bio

@redhood16: Jason is not red x...... There's a time problem to that theory..

#12 Posted by weightofast (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Did anyone notice the ice moving in Terra's cup when her and beast boy sit down for lunch? That confirms this is Terra at the high school in the animated series... that is what I believe. It confirms her powers too. BTW are there any comics on this series? im looking for one of this last episode.

#13 Posted by Beast_in_the_Shadows (420 posts) - - Show Bio

When Trigon invaded he turned all life on Earth into stone. When he was defeated everything was restored. I figured that whatever magic was running around restoring life to stone creatures also restored Terra as it was going through the world.

At least that how I always saw it. It very well could have been that she just saw an opportunity to make a decoy of herself to fake her death and start a new life.

#14 Posted by sentryman555 (651 posts) - - Show Bio

@weightofast: But isn't terra's power to manipulate earth? She shouldn't be able to move ice because ice is water. right?

#15 Posted by Outside_85 (7101 posts) - - Show Bio

I am assuming that the girl was Terra and that she eventually had the shell crumble or she was simply turned back when Raven undid what Trigon did to the world and evereyone on it.

#16 Posted by w0nd (2025 posts) - - Show Bio

Did anyone notice the ice moving in Terra's cup when her and beast boy sit down for lunch? That confirms this is Terra at the high school in the animated series... that is what I believe. It confirms her powers too. BTW are there any comics on this series? im looking for one of this last episode.

that doesn't confirm anything. ice is water, you have a speculation not a confirmation. that is not a confirmed fact. it is a mystery as it was intended to be.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.