Follow

Terminator

Character » Terminator appears in 196 issues.

The Terminator is a cybernetic military infiltration unit. Expert in all types of weapons has a large amount of strength. It can speak naturally and copy human voices, as well as other abilities. The Terminator comes in many forms; however, the T-800 seems to be the most iconic design.

"Terminator" franchise down the drain ?

MrSeaman70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MrSeaman70

Would Arnold Schwarzenegger's sex sandal throw the entire "Terminator" franchise down the drain or can Christian Bale become it's salvation ? What do you think ? 
    Personally, I've lost interest in Terminator especially movies 1 to 3 and any toy that has Arnold's face on it. Terminator Salvation and Terminator : Sarah Chronicles seem to be the only ones keeping the "Terminator" dream alive but even then, there's been criticism towards Terminator : Salvation and the Sarah Chronicles. Is it finally times up for the Terminator franchise ?
    Wild_cat21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Wild_cat21

I didn't know there was another Terminator coming up? And what are you talking about? Terminator salvation was the worst by far out of the franchise.

MrSeaman70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By MrSeaman70

There were rumours that Terminator Salvation was supposed to be the first in a new non-Arnold trilogy. Seeing as how Terminator Salvation was the worst like you said, then nothing can save the Terminator franchise. Arnold !!! Why did you have to go and screw a f&*k ugly woman !?!?!
    ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ssejllenrad

Franchise died after 2... At least for me. Those first two were the only ones I cared for.

Wild_cat21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Wild_cat21
    @MrSeaman70: Yeah, Arnold is the Terminator.
    MrSeaman70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MrSeaman70

Yup, Arnold terminated the Terminator franchise.. LOL  

I agree with ssejllenrad about the franchise dying after Terminator 2. It just didn't feel right anymore without the core characters. 

I wonder what's next ? Cylons of Battlestar Galactica or Chigs from Space, Above and Beyond ? 

At least franchises like Predator(s) can survive independantly off the first Predator movie because the theme of Predator movies is always about how different people survive the hunt. Maybe they should do that with the Terminator franchise. Create the franchise based on each person's experience in surviving the terminators.
    castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By castleking
    @ssejllenrad said:
    Franchise died after 2... At least for me. Those first two were the only ones I cared for.
    agreed
    Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

#8  Edited By Samimista

I never really got into the franchise but like someone else said it died after 2.Though may I ask where did you get the Christian Bale from?Is he going to be in the next one? o_0

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
    buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By buttersdaman000

I liked the Sarah Connor chronicles. It was a really good show.

Avatar image for do_i_have_to_give_a_name_
    Do I have to give a name?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The first 2 were when it was at it's best. 3 sucked. and I actually thought salvation was fairly good. 

Frankly though I couldn't care less who Arnie f#*ks. It doesn't suddenly make a good movie bad.

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

#11  Edited By Samimista
    @Do I have to give a name? said:

I couldn't care less who Arnie f#*ks. It doesn't suddenly make a good movie bad. 

I agree it's none of our businesses but his.

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By HolySerpent
    I dont dont know what the hell yah talking about. Terminator salvation was great. I hope they continue it.
    Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

Franchise died after the first one. John Connor ruined any chance I had of enjoying the second.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By King_Saturn
    How is the Terminator Franchise down the Drain ? Arnold Schwarzenegger could still appear in Terminator 5 because he is apparently back online with getting his Acting Career Rebooted and I have even heard some sources say he is getting ready for a new film already... so it's possible Arnold could do a Terminator 5... he will be old as heck... but I guess between CGI and Arnold pushing himself in the Gym maybe it can work... 
    spartan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By spartan92
    @Do I have to give a name? said:
    The first 2 were when it was at it's best. 3 sucked. and I actually thought salvation was fairly good.   Frankly though I couldn't care less who Arnie f#*ks. It doesn't suddenly make a good movie bad.

exactly how i feel.
    cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By cascadeking09
    @MrSeaman70 said:
    Would Arnold Schwarzenegger's sex sandal throw the entire "Terminator" franchise down the drain or can Christian Bale become it's salvation ? What do you think ? Personally, I've lost interest in Terminator especially movies 1 to 3 and any toy that has Arnold's face on it. Terminator Salvation and Terminator : Sarah Chronicles seem to be the only ones keeping the "Terminator" dream alive but even then, there's been criticism towards Terminator : Salvation and the Sarah Chronicles. Is it finally times up for the Terminator franchise ?
    So you're saying you no longer like Arnold Swchwarzeneggar or anything with him in it because of sex scandal? And you don't think that sounds dumb?
    difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By difficlus
    @wildcat said:
    I didn't know there was another Terminator coming up? And what are you talking about? Terminator salvation was the worst by far out of the franchise.
    most would say rise of the machines was, Salvation was actually pretty neat IMO.
    HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#18  Edited By HolySerpent
    Rise of the machines were the worst but i thought it was okay. The second one was the best one. Christen bale is the new star. Arnold is out.!
    Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Nova`Prime`
    cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By cascadeking09
    @difficlus said:
    @wildcat said:
    most would say rise of the machines was, Salvation was actually pretty neat IMO.
    @HolySerpent said:
    Rise of the machines were the worst but i thought it was okay. The second one was the best one. Christen bale is the new star. Arnold is out.!
    I agree with the both of you. I liked both Rise of the Machines and Salvation, but Rise of the machines is definitely the least good of all of the movies. The second one is my favorite though.
    MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By MKF30

Who cares about what Arnold does with his personal life...it's not like he's President, then a scandal actually matters....and he's not Governor anymore so, again who cares? 

I'm a big Arnold fan as what he did for the Body Building scene and in his movies, I love it how some people act as if he's the first guy to cheat or something... 

At any rate, I hope he figures his stuff out but he's also the face of Terminator ultimately whether people like it or not.... 

At any rate, T3 and T4 weren't that "bad" I mean....obviously T2 was the best so far but the others aren't horrible by any stretch, if anything the Sarah Connor Chronicles was the worst, not canon(thank god) and the fact that it lasted 2 seasons barely kind of vouches for that.... how it got a second is beyond me honestly. 

At any rate, I don't think it's dead....I heard T5 was supposed to have Arnold in it and it's put on hold atm but was supposed to be a reboot somewhat? So who knows...I look forward to it and seeing arnold at some point being a big Terminator fan.

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#22  Edited By Caligula

I like all of the movies equally. (I love them all actually).

don't really like the Sarah Connor Chronicles, (not that they are terrible).

and since when does Arnold's personal life change what he's done for action movies? grow up.

DarkShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By DarkShadows

I really love the first two.
    The last two sucked, though I admit, Salvation was fairly better than the third.

Wild_cat21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Wild_cat21
    @difficlus: Well, yeah Salvation was suppose to be good, I just don't like it. More of a, fan/viewer opinion.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.