Follow

Terminator

Character » Terminator appears in 197 issues.

The Terminator is a cybernetic military infiltration unit. Expert in all types of weapons has a large amount of strength. It can speak naturally and copy human voices, as well as other abilities. The Terminator comes in many forms; however, the T-800 seems to be the most iconic design.

In bringing the Terminators into battle threads..

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Wolfrazer

Now I know this forum hasn't been looked at for quite some time, but figured it is the proper place. Now am gonna get right into it, this is moreso for the T-800 series really the others don't really get confusing...but this is more to explain the things of the T-800 which I see that some posters get confused about.

Now I won't say its entirely the poster's fault, its moreso the timeline of the Terminator series as down the line it separates a lot and thus confusion sets in. So lets get to it..

NOTE: Take note, this is in just regards to FILMs only not including the comics and other things.

T-800- Original Timeline

This series is the weaker of them all(in regards to future models), while it can tank bullets and 12 gauge rounds and homemade explosives and being run over(though being run over the T-800 did suffer damage to its leg). This doesn't mean that it is going to be able to tank plasma attacks, or the more direct bigger explosions.

T-850- 2nd Timeline

Here is where confusion starts, this is another timeline that is different from the original. Now the T-850 is roughly the same as the T-800 however there are notable differences compared to the T-800, such as having a 2 hydrogen fuel cells(compared to the T-800 which has a nuclear-energy Iridium one) and having the armor to withstand plasma attacks. People seem to get this confused, the T-800 isn't the same as a T-850 it doesn't have a backup power cell nor having the same amount of armor, it is also faster and stronger then then T-800.

T-RIP-Salvation Timeline

Now this series would appear to be different, because it was able to tank several grenade launcher attacks without any real damage to it, its also in a timeline where Skynet is more along in production something which John noticed wasn't right as they weren't suppose to be that far in. Something with the T-800 in the original timeline, the T-800 had its left arm completely destroyed by a pipe bomb as it tried getting it out of between its spine and right piston, then the T-RIP was able to take hits from a shotgun suffering no real effects from it, which compared to the T-800 while it was able to take hits from shotguns it was also blown back.

======

So understand...the T-800 series model while its good. People need to stop bringing up facts from which is either a different timeline, or from a different model. Just because the T-RIP is an 800 series, doesn't mean that it would be the same T-800 from the Original Timeline as there are notable differences between the two, it is also coming from another Timeline in which everything is different.

I just thought I would shed some light on here, because I keep seeing in threads with the T-800 that some posters are using some information that is dealing with different models, or models from which the Timeline is different compared to the Original.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.