Watch Gameplay From the New 'TMNT' Video Game

Posted by k4tzm4n (38831 posts) - - Show Bio

I've always babbled about how I really want Rocksteady to develop a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game. Their ability to create a fluid combat system and a stunning open world would be the perfect match. Instead, I was skeptical when I heard we'd get a downloadable game from Activision. But after watching this footage, I can say I'm honestly pumped for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows.

IGN had the chance to check out some pre-alpha gameplay and it looks insanely fun. The combo system appears smooth and energetic and, according to the commentary, you'll constantly earn XP to unlock new combos and special moves. Check out the footage below.

I'm not a big Raphael fan, but the ability to powerbomb Foot ninjas looks ridiculously enjoyable. What do you think, Viners? Are you impressed or are are you going to pass on this one?

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows will have four player co-op and come out this summer on Xbox Live, PSN and Steam.

Source: IGN

Staff
#1 Posted by k4tzm4n (38831 posts) - - Show Bio

I had one response after watching this: BOOYAKASHA!

Staff
#2 Posted by JamDamage (1114 posts) - - Show Bio

looks like fun. Looks like it'll get old after a while. They are ninja's. I hope they do run around and climb on some shit. Still. promising so far.

#3 Posted by skooks (205 posts) - - Show Bio

This looks so damn good.

#4 Posted by Spoon_sm (4 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks amazing and to be honest I still play a couple of minutes here and there on TMNT Turtles in Time on XBLA which is the best game ever!. Im very much looking forward to this game.

I grew up with the Turtles and I love the Nickelodeon style and all but Im not pleased what they did with Donny being all scrawny and goofy (missing a tooth? :/ LOL) I remembered him being the more bulky, husky type. I guess they had to make some changes.

#5 Posted by OldOldLogan (28 posts) - - Show Bio

KOWABUNGA!!! trumps buyakawhatever anyday.

#6 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12855 posts) - - Show Bio

JESSUS CHRIST PEOPLE!!!!STOP ADVERTISING SO MANY AWESOME LOOKING GAMES!!!! I CANT GET THEM ALL!!!!!

#7 Posted by ravisher (683 posts) - - Show Bio

has potential

#8 Posted by kid Apollo (712 posts) - - Show Bio

siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick, i was jus talking with my brother the other day about the old Turtles game we had on the grey-brick Gameboys, we've played probably 90% of the TMNT games that have come out, none look as nice as this one do, looking forward to it

#9 Posted by ccraft (5162 posts) - - Show Bio

Imagine TMNT + MGR = best game ever :)

#10 Posted by BlackArmor (6136 posts) - - Show Bio

@OldOldLogan said:

KOWABUNGA!!! trumps buyakawhatever anyday.

what this guy said

#11 Edited by Fantasgasmic (1071 posts) - - Show Bio

Cowabunga! I love the use of the movie design for the Foot Clan. Black with the red headband and the bug-eye goggles. Best design on them yet. I also love how their bodies look like TURTLES. It may sound dumb, but that was a big problem with the 2000s cartoon and CGI movie. they were either too trapezoidal like bulky superheroes, or too skinny and long legged like frogs. But the heads. Oh god, what is wrong with their heads? they look so tiny and pointy, like pinheads.

#12 Posted by LarryDavis (143 posts) - - Show Bio

Those turtle models will haunt my dreams forever.

#13 Posted by CitizenJP (595 posts) - - Show Bio

Cowabunga.

#14 Posted by Perfect 10 (1007 posts) - - Show Bio

look cool. donny and leo for me! but is it on the computer or is it for consoles?

#15 Posted by leokearon (1780 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks nice, but it looks very repetitive, it seems to be just the turles fighting crowds of enemies over and over again

#16 Posted by masterlogan2000 (26 posts) - - Show Bio

@Perfect 10 said:

look cool. donny and leo for me! but is it on the computer or is it for consoles?

Out in the summer on XBLA, PSN, and Steam. Looks cool. I may actually have to purchase this.

#17 Posted by ccraft (5162 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope this game does well, I don't want the owners of TMNT to think the turtles are a lost cause :(

#18 Posted by kuma_far (510 posts) - - Show Bio

TURTLE POWER!

#19 Posted by Xwraith (16762 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

JESSUS CHRIST PEOPLE!!!!STOP ADVERTISING SO MANY AWESOME LOOKING GAMES!!!! I CANT GET THEM ALL!!!!!

#20 Edited by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

Ali G?

sigh... I hate when writers steal ideas.

#21 Posted by Brit (372 posts) - - Show Bio

take my money now...

#22 Posted by Dark_Guyver (2305 posts) - - Show Bio

So no WiiU release :-/

#23 Posted by KRYPTON (1891 posts) - - Show Bio

This is what the Turtles are probably going to look like in next year's movie.

#24 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3501 posts) - - Show Bio

Aw, this looks like fun. Almost want to get it.

#25 Posted by mcbean (292 posts) - - Show Bio

So getting it.

#26 Edited by k4tzm4n (38831 posts) - - Show Bio

@doordoor123 said:

@k4tzm4n said:

Ali G?

You do realize they didn't invent cowabunga either, right?

@JamDamage said:

looks like fun. Looks like it'll get old after a while. They are ninja's. I hope they do run around and climb on some shit. Still. promising so far.

Well, as of right now they've only showed off the basics of the combat system. I imagine rooftop jumping and such has to be a part of any TMNT game -- we just hopefully haven't seen it yet. Hopefully there's a lot to unlock with the XP. A game like this needs replay value.

Staff
#27 Posted by G_Money_Christmas (882 posts) - - Show Bio

I am sooo excited for this to come out, it looks awesome and I'm a huge TMNT fan. And it's also a downloadable release which means (well, hopefully) that it won't be 60 freakin dollars

#28 Posted by BlueLantern1995 (2448 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks interesting.

#29 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

@doordoor123 said:

@k4tzm4n said:

Ali G?

@JamDamage said:

Well, as of right now they've only showed off the basics of the combat system. I imagine rooftop jumping and such has to be a part of any TMNT game -- we just hopefully haven't seen it yet. Hopefully there's a lot to unlock with the XP. A game like this needs replay value.

Cowabunga was a common saying that was made well before the show even came out. It was even used in the 20s. It has no strong ties to any writing or media.

Ali G literally came up with Booyakasha. That is stealing.

#30 Posted by k4tzm4n (38831 posts) - - Show Bio

@doordoor123 said:

@k4tzm4n said:

@doordoor123 said:

@k4tzm4n said:

Ali G?

@JamDamage said:

Cowabunga was a common saying that was made well before the show even came out. It was even used in the 20s. It has no strong ties to any writing or media.

The Howdy Doody Show.

Staff
#31 Edited by TheHeat (451 posts) - - Show Bio

I was skeptical about this game, but after seeing this footage, I am sold. A CAPELLA! 

#32 Posted by Mucklefluga (2544 posts) - - Show Bio

This looks so much better than i thought it would be :D Hopefully when you fight one guy the others don't just stand around and watch you tho.

#33 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7705 posts) - - Show Bio

FOSANOVA

#34 Posted by BritishMonkey (322 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't even know this was a thing, and it looks amazing. I want it.

#35 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

@doordoor123 said:

@k4tzm4n said:

@doordoor123 said:

@k4tzm4n said:

Ali G?

@JamDamage said:

The Howdy Doody Show.

There ya go -- the late 40's. It has been around for a long time and evolved past the show to a common phrase... that unfortunately died out.

#36 Posted by NightFang (9962 posts) - - Show Bio

Leo for me thank you.

#37 Posted by JLDoom (2310 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like a lot of fun! I'll be looking forward to this game

#38 Posted by mattwing87 (427 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks awesome for a downloadable game! I have high hopes for Rocksteady's TMNT game!

#39 Posted by Wyldsong (5320 posts) - - Show Bio

Just shut up, stop trying to sell me on it, and take my money already.

Man that game looks awesome=)

#40 Posted by Kiltro95 (295 posts) - - Show Bio

for pre-alpha it looks beautiful

#41 Posted by TheReaper111 (127 posts) - - Show Bio

EEEWWWW!!! those graphics are scary as fuck!!!

#42 Posted by k4tzm4n (38831 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheReaper111 said:

EEEWWWW!!! those graphics are scary as fuck!!!

Please avoid dropping f bombs in the future. Thanks.

Staff
#43 Posted by Spydey (401 posts) - - Show Bio

Aren't these how Bay's turtles are going to look when they showed the character designs a few years back?

And am I the only one who's kind of looking forward to that movie?

I hope this game isn't wack like that TMNT one. :\

#44 Posted by G_Money_Christmas (882 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't wait for this to come out this summer but yesterday i was farting around on Google Chrome and I found the TMNT game Dark Horizons. It's a 2D platformer but it's pretty awesome. If you can find it I suggest downloading it.

#45 Posted by amutant (267 posts) - - Show Bio

Totally buying this game!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.