Follow

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Team » Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles appears in 1198 issues.

After four baby turtles were mutated by toxic goo called mutagen they were trained in the art of ninjutsu by fellow mutant Master Splinter. The Turtles different fighting styles and personalities build off one another making them a formidable team of ninja warrior superheroes.

TMNT Series

saoakden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By saoakden

For the longest time, I had no idea that Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles were in comic books. The second I found out, It started to interest me. After I looked into it, I got lost because I have no idea where to start reading TMNT. Can anyone give me an idea on where to start? & Are any of these TMNT Comics in trade/hardcover form?

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Crom-Cruach

@saoakden said:

For the longest time, I had no idea that Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles were in comic books. The second I found out, It started to interest me. After I looked into it, I got lost because I have no idea where to start reading TMNT. Can anyone give me an idea on where to start? & Are any of these TMNT Comics in trade/hardcover form?

For ease sake I would recommend getting the new TMNT series by IDW, fresh and very good so far. After that you could try getting your hands on the original, the mirage series which is currently being reprinted by IDW (because they are awesome like that)

saoakden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By saoakden

@Crom-Cruach: IDW pratically owns TMNT huh?

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Crom-Cruach

@saoakden said:

@Crom-Cruach: IDW pratically owns TMNT huh?

Not practically, Mirage has been dead for years and the creators Eastman and Laird both gave exclusive rights to IDW to publish new material. Eastman is lead writer on the series. So in essence, the true TMNT material transfered to IDW

saoakden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By saoakden

@Crom-Cruach: Oooooohhhh I get it now. That is interesting to know. I just learned something new about TMNT publication history.

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Crom-Cruach

@saoakden said:

@Crom-Cruach: Oooooohhhh I get it now. That is interesting to know. I just learned something new about TMNT publication history.

The TMNT rights were also at some points passed on to Image to continue their storyline for the original mirage run. However, it is now considered not cannon and repudiated. Image lost the rights too.

saoakden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By saoakden

So IDW's TMNT is canon and everything else is non-canon?

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Crom-Cruach

@saoakden said:

So IDW's TMNT is canon and everything else is non-canon?

No they are two different runs/storylines/universe. The current new run is a completely new take with no relation to the original (except in spirit) but IDW is republishing the previous material for fans. As it stands considering the Mirage run books 1, 2 and 4 and considered canon of that run (while book 3, the Image one is repudiated)

saoakden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By saoakden

@Crom-Cruach: That is very good to know. I'm going to pick up the new series as soon as I can.

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Crom-Cruach

@saoakden: I'm enjoying it so far.

saoakden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By saoakden

@Crom-Cruach: Looks like from the reviews the series is doing well.

Red_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12  Edited By Red_Jack

Yeah, the original series started off well; got a bit crappy here and there; got good again but by then it was just Laird and it seems he's just lost interest.

Having read the revamped IDW version, I'd recommend just starting from there. It's looking much better.

There are some great one shots you should look for though from the original mirage series. My personal favourite is Sky Highway.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By danhimself

stay away from the Image volume...it was HORRIBLE!!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.