Follow

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Team » Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles appears in 1198 issues.

After four baby turtles were mutated by toxic goo called mutagen they were trained in the art of ninjutsu by fellow mutant Master Splinter. The Turtles different fighting styles and personalities build off one another making them a formidable team of ninja warrior superheroes.

TMNT Funko Collectibles Giveaway Contest

• 72 results
    tOkKa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By tOkKa

티티파스 TITI PAZ - 닌자 거북이 "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" 18 색, count Oil Pastel Set (( 1990 ))

• •

-->> Turtles has always been a double-edged sword for me in my life. At times - i've needed it in my life ( perhaps now more than ever ) and at times it's been held against me in varying ways.

I think the phenomenon goes beyond some nerd-thing or some "BIG BANG THEORY" stereotype and i am enjoyin' reading these accounts of people's memories and little gems in their collections.

Thru' various accounts within' reading the older TMNT Adventures books and with discussions with foreign exchange students from Japan, one of which my folks hosted - - really did get to have second hand accounts about global this thing had really become especially by the mid-90s. People barely listened to me how important an impact, if not trivial, if not fun, if not bringing people together even if variations existed culturally. I did get first hand accounts of this. The first real, physical proof of this was tiny.

This oddball, little Korean pastel set; TITI PAZ brand.

The licensed pastels were slightly used and purchased at a thrift store. I talked to a fellow student in the late 90s - early aughts from Korea and she flipped out when i found this. She was so happy i found something like this stateside. Something very small and tiny and she regaled and told me of her history with Turtles living in South Korea and of the TITI PAZ brand of pastels themselves. Apparently other licensed characters like HELLO KITTY were used for other sets children could get.

This was just one other example of 100s in my life i've seen this franchise "EFFECT" or make people react positively GLOBALLY. I've stood by this for years.

With the dawn of the internet i was able to prove this simple fact.

From Dubai and Egypt and the Middle East, Korea, China, Japan, Singapore, Thailand -- there's been some form of TURTLES. Jamaica, Italy.. whatever.. there's kid's that have read Turtle stories with Ninjas and Reporters, cosmic Flying Cow Heads, and Mutant snapping Turtles in Spanish, Finnish, German, Russian, Hebrew, and in the Queen's English ( 'HERO' Turtles ) - -damn you name it I don't think there's a continent the TEENS haven't touched.

Spare me the hyperbole and arguing points.. this is a GLOBAL PHENOMENON and beyond the money - - that's important to even a tiny extent.

I've seen it help and connect people in so many ways even if it's just calming down and upset child by bringing up their favourite Teen from the Turtles shows - -well i've seen that too.

It's not perfect.. i've seen lots of needless b.s. too in the fandom and in industry at this point. But i think like Mike's current voice stated [ very paraphrased ] "Mikey says 'BOOYAKASHA' in the new NICK show and it's a blessing of love to the world." ..and we kinda need that type of stuff right now -again more than ever. that may reflect TURTLES as a whole.

I think the little pastel set is my favourite due to what it reminds me of. It ain't much - -it ain't gona change the world ; but it has recorded and documented something at least somewhat important on the franchise's impact on the planet. I'd venture to say that it's mostly a good thing. ~ t

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

mynameisdom27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By mynameisdom27

well I've been a huge tmnt fan since I was a kid. last year was a tough year for me especially with a close family member going through cancer so the turtles were my escape . I decided to make them a part of me and got a Raphael tattoo it's my favorite turtle piece I have.

Edward1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My mosted prized TMNT possession is my autograph Michaelangelo figure because it is so awesome and it's the best thing I have ever had.

donjon21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By donjon21
    No Caption Provided

I would have to say that my most prized TMNT possession is my MIB 13" Giant Bad Boy Rocksteady. I have always loved that character as a kid. He looks absolutely awesome in the giant version. I was extremely happy when I finally was able to get him! TMNT brings back some of my greatest memories as a kid.

PamelaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My most prized TMNT possession is a Donatello action figure autographed (by Rob Paulsen). My son wants terribly to open it and play with it so I had to hide in a closet for safe keeping.

I would love to add some Funko items to my collection. I may even let my son play with one. Maybe. ;D BOOYAKASHA!

kjellk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still have a TMNT sleeping bag that I got for a birthday present when I was a kid!

supercool117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By supercool117

I've got a lot of turtle gear that I will never part with, but the most prized is an original oversized #1 mirage comic from '84 that Peter Laird signed. That thing is basically in a safe at this point.

EnzoYaksic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My most prized TMNT possession is the original Splinter figure since my father gave it to me. I also remember sneaking into my parent's closet to find figures that they would purchase for my brother and I, most memorably the Universal Studios Monsters. I loved them because they glowed in the dark. My brother and I were such fans that my parents always bought figures in pairs so we could each play with them at the same time. We also did Ghostbusters crossovers. There has never been anything like that feeling of getting a new TMNT figure.

Doantelloa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My most prized TMNT possession would be my collection of DVD's. I have the complete series of the 1987 TV show in the Turtle Van. It is special to me because I know it is a collectible and that the 1987 TV show is one of things that started the whole TMNT franchise. It also brings me joy when I watch the episodes and then think about the unending ideas for plots and scenes.

poppyrobbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been collecting Tmnt stuff since I first picked up the original Raphael when I was 8 years old. Now, at 33, I'd say my favorite and one of the coolest TMNT items I have would be the Sideshow Collectibles Shredder statue.

georgiabeckman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By georgiabeckman

We have the original action figures from when they first came out. These were by far the favorite toy of both of our sons. One of them has them, the other one wants them, lol.

Jstr4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I went to a comic shop and bought several TMNT issues. The guy at the counter said, "I see you like Turtles, would you be interested in this?" He goes to the back and comes out with a promotional box of TMNT cereal from the 90's...still sealed. Have it sitting on my VHS shelf in the ole' man cave. It and my autographed copy of Vol 4.1 of the Mirage comic I "won" from the fan-art contest they had on the official website back in the day (I swear they thought it was a kids drawing...it was so bad...) are probably my 2 prized TMNT possessions.

bhsmith81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When I was younger, I collected all the classic figures. My mom held onto them for years once I was done playing with them. In the past few years, my youngest son (5 years old) has gotten into TMNT. He has the old movies, the new cartoon DVDs, a lot of the classic episodes, all the Funko POP! figures that have been released (still in the box and on a shelf in his room,) as well as EVERY basic action figure in the current line. Once again, all of the figures, after being played with, are now on a shelf in his room displayed in an battle scene. He will not allow anyone to touch his "Collects-ibles." It was decided recently that the old figures I had were due to be handed down to him. He was so giddy when I gave him the tub of figures. I expected him to play with them constantly. I was wrong. This little mini-collector closely inspected each figure, letting me know which ones were "super cool" and then put them all back into the tub. When I asked him why he did that, his answer was simply, "I want them safe." So, between my son and I, we have many TMNT "collects-ibles" that are important to us, but what makes it so special for us is the bond it creates and allows our collector juices to flow.

JonnyMink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was born in 1986 and seemingly went from the womb to a turtle shell. I am now a high school teacher and even my students know about my love of the turtles. Other than my memories my most prized possession would be all four original turtle figures mint in packaging. I had them for about fifteen years, constantly wanting to open and play with them but I never did. My toy collection was in my basement, which was flooded by Hurricane Sandy. All my toys were destroyed, Ghostbusters, Nintendo import figures, Marvel characters, even the entire family of Dinosaurs from TGIF ("not the mama!"), not just the turtles. I was able to save the figures but the accessories were no where to be found and the packaging was beyond destroyed. I have the four brothers now on my desk, free of packaging. Since Sandy I have not yet begun to re-start my collection, and I'm not sure if I will. But I will always hold on to these toys because of the memories they carry. Cowabunga dudes, cowabunga.

GordoGringo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This might be an odd one, but my absolute favorite TMNT item that I own are 4 plush Christmas ornaments of each of the turtles wearing Santa hats. What makes them so special to me is that all 4 of them are signed by original Ninja Turtles co-creator Peter Laird! I've been told that it's near impossible to get Peter Laird's autograph these days, much less 4 times on each individual turtle. Close 2nd favorite item has to be my 8 month old daughter's Raphael Pillow Pet night light. She loves playing with it. Close 2nd mainly just because I love to see her enjoying the same thing that meant so much to me growing up. #TurtleLife

Avatar image for rurichardsimmons
    rurichardsimmons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a weird thing but my favorite Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle item is a giant Happy Birthday banner with Leonardo that I have had for as long as I can remember (and still use to celebrate birthdays), though now Leonardo's mask is a little faded and it the untrained eye might believe it's Donatello. I also still have a Thank You card with Mikey that I refuse to send out because it's just too awesome.

mutatedin1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By mutatedin1984

My most prized TMNT possession is my original 1988 Michelangelo plush that I got from my cousin when I was 3 years old. Its what got me into TMNT in the first place! That and my 1989 Casey Jones figure :)

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#68 k4tzm4n  Moderator

One more day to enter!

acr2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Original action figures

Ncastro23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Ncastro23

I would have to say it was my copy of Ternage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles In Time for the Super Nintendo. I spent countless hours alone, with friends, and with family trying to beat down the shredder and his henchmen

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#71  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

AND THE WINNERS ARE...

kingdomenic

pingclang

longbowhunter

krhunt

A message has been sent to all 4 of you. Please check your inbox asap.

A big THANK YOU to everyone for participating! Narrowing it down to just 4 was hugely difficult -- lots of touching stories -- but it's great to see so much love for TMNT. Hopefully you'll all stick around and be a part of the CV community!

Nick2424delcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

most prized would be my movies and my coffeemug <3

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.