Follow

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Team » Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles appears in 1198 issues.

After four baby turtles were mutated by toxic goo called mutagen they were trained in the art of ninjutsu by fellow mutant Master Splinter. The Turtles different fighting styles and personalities build off one another making them a formidable team of ninja warrior superheroes.

TMNT

CHERP0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Edited By CHERP0

I'm trying to start reading some Ninja Turtle stuff, but I'm kinda lost on where to start.  Anybody Know???

DeathinFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By DeathinFire

With #1.  Just kidding in all seriousness, this is coming from a big TMNT fan, the very earliest work isn't that great.  You can tell they thought they were making something that wasn't going to last (boy were they wrong).  It's not really all that bad if you're into indie comics from the 80's but I will say that it's light years away from what is currently seen on TV and movies.
    Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Crom-Cruach
    @CHERP0: the 2003 TMNT Show, avoid the fast Forward Arc and the Back to the sewers arc, that is all.
    Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
    texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By texasdeathmatch

Psh, watch the first live action movie. Some epic scenes in there. Might be a little dated for you kiddies

aloe vera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By aloe vera
    @DeathinFire said:
    " With #1..."
    Ha this made me laugh out loud literally idk why :)
    ironshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ironshadow
    @CHERP0: You should also watch the Turtles Forever animated movie, it features the turtles from the 80's series, the ones from the 2003 series and the original black and white turtles from Mirage comics.
    DeathinFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DeathinFire

I really dug the computer animated movie simply titled "TMNT".  Raphael & Leonardo threw down.  Just to clear up any debate there may have been over who would win in a fight between the two.  Now we all know what I've always known.  The turtle who won.  That's who would win. ;)
    RedK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By RedK
    @ironshadow said:
    " @CHERP0: You should also watch the Turtles Forever animated movie, it features the turtles from the 80's series, the ones from the 2003 series and the original black and white turtles from Mirage comics. "
    yea, it was pretty cool, like the whole crisis thing were you got a glimpse of all the other realities and the turtles from them
    Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Crom-Cruach
    @DeathinFire said:
    " I really dug the computer animated movie simply titled "TMNT".  Raphael & Leonardo threw down.  Just to clear up any debate there may have been over who would win in a fight between the two.  Now we all know what I've always known.  The turtle who won.  That's who would win. ;) "
    Nah it only means the writers wanted their dramatic moment to get a point accross.

There is absolutely no question on who is the superior turtle in battle: Leo
    DeathinFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DeathinFire
    @Crom-Cruach:
    You know there's a good arguement there, and I would have believed it except that he got his shell handed to him on the rooftop :)  Leo is the better leader, sure, but Ralph can smoke him when it comes to fighting.
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By danhimself

read the Mirage comic book series...if you can find it...start with issue 1 and read from there...skip the Image Vol 3 it's crap and not considered canon anymore after Mirage started vol. 4

I don't care what anyone says...the real TMNT is the Mirage series....any other series is just a fake take on them

EganTheVile1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 52

#11  Edited By EganTheVile1
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Graphic novel 1-4 collect all the early key issues that would cost a small fortune to buy individually, these can run high too, but if you find one in very fine condition it should not cost too much
    Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Crom-Cruach
    @DeathinFire said:
    " @Crom-Cruach: You know there's a good arguement there, and I would have believed it except that he got his shell handed to him on the rooftop :)  Leo is the better leader, sure, but Ralph can smoke him when it comes to fighting. "
    You obviously haven't seen enough TMNT. Raph is not the superior turtle when it comes to fighting. Leo is

He routinely beats his brothers and in more then one instance has schooled the 3 of them fighting him at the same time. He alone has ever stood a chance against Karai, master splinter or any of the best fighters.  And he was the one that beat the Shredder

Movie wasn't bad but that fight is nothing an in no way proves years of cannon across multiple iterations fully proving Leo's superiority as a fighter in every way.

Sorry to tell you this but that fight was nothing but PIS if you have knowledge of the turtles.
    DeathinFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By DeathinFire
    @Crom-Cruach:
    Well that was kind of the point of it all though, that while Leo was gone Ralph had grown and surpassed him.
    Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Crom-Cruach
    @DeathinFire said:
    " @Crom-Cruach: Well that was kind of the point of it all though, that while Leo was gone Ralph had grown and surpassed him. "
    No, all it shows is there is one single movie that is not canon anyway showing something that every bit of writing and storytelling across multiple mediums has clearly shown to be completely false.

Leonardo is the best fighter of the TMNT that is a plain fact. It doesn't make Raph less cool or necessarily make Leo more cool. But it remains a fact.
    EnSabahNurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By EnSabahNurX
    @ironshadow said:
    " @CHERP0: You should also watch the Turtles Forever animated movie, it features the turtles from the 80's series, the ones from the 2003 series and the original black and white turtles from Mirage comics. "
    That movie was great, and i didn't watch the current series(2003 and on) 
    I loved the first cartoon series and movie and turtles forever made my day XD
    Avatar image for eisforextinction
    EisforExtinction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 68

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By EisforExtinction
    @CHERP0 said:
    " I'm trying to start reading some Ninja Turtle stuff, but I'm kinda lost on where to start.  Anybody Know??? "
    Are we talking Archie Comics or the original? The Archie run was more crazy but the Mirage books are just awesome.
    Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sadly since the buyout they took the original run off the site.
    you used to be able to read the first Mirage stuff on the official
    site for free.

@EisforExtinction said:

" @CHERP0 said:
     theMirage books are just awesome. "
    some of the best stuff ever in print.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.