The new TMNT series.

Posted by CombatSpoon86 (832 posts) - - Show Bio

When I found out in May when Idw was doing a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Series, I just literally had a heart attack (not really). I grew up with Tmnt, watching all the shows, collecting the figures, reading the mirage comics. To make it even better, Mirage Co-founder and co-creator of TMNT Kevin Eastman along with Tom Waltz and Dan Duncan will be writing and drawing the book. Another one of my favorites Walt Simonson will be doing variant covers.   I already have this ready for my pull box come August  

The book comes out August 24, make sure to get your copy

Are you excited that TMNT will be coming back to comics?
#1 Posted by danhimself (22552 posts) - - Show Bio

I am really excited about it....I just kind of wish they would have continued volume 4....there were so many unfinished stories

#2 Posted by CombatSpoon86 (832 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself 

couldn't agree with you more. I wish they finished releasing all the volumes and I hope they will reprint these stories. I lost all my volumes when I was a kid.
#3 Posted by danhimself (22552 posts) - - Show Bio

some absolute editions would be nice...wouldn't be that hard to do since they're in black and white anyway....well except for that horrible Image volume which doesn't count anyway

#4 Posted by CombatSpoon86 (832 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself 

An absolute would be heaven for me, I would save up and buy those right away. even a Deluxe or tpb would do just fine. I remember that volume, so forgettable in my eyes
#5 Posted by labarith (670 posts) - - Show Bio

IDW books are hit or miss based on the talent writing them, and whether they can self-edit. 

IDW started off lukeworm on TF: terrible on Joe, and TF has shitcanned for the past 3 years now.   

On the bright side, D+D is a fun book.  Too bad I have no idea whether D+D fans hate it.  I suspect they might.

#6 Posted by CombatSpoon86 (832 posts) - - Show Bio
@labarith 

definitely agree with you on IDW is a hit or miss
#7 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope the find a happy medium between the kid friendly version and the original version so far the first live action movie has been the closest to a good compromise between the 2  

#8 Posted by CombatSpoon86 (832 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe 

Man those movies take me back, I still have all those on vhs
#9 Edited by NightFang (10068 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm excited about it.

#10 Posted by cattlebattle (12775 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, they all appear to be wearing red facemasks, oldschool!

#11 Posted by KRYPTON (1891 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice. The Ninjas are back! 

#12 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio
@cattlebattle: I actually prefer the different colors simply because I can't tell them apart without their weapons when they all wear the same color 
#13 Posted by Angeni (5085 posts) - - Show Bio

Yay!!! I wuv Mike! xD

#14 Posted by I'maDC/ImageGuy! (1648 posts) - - Show Bio

B&W comics FTW! Also vol.4 will be continuing if Laird feels like it.

#15 Posted by BatmanvsJoker (19 posts) - - Show Bio

O_O No way! For real! That's is so AWESOME!! 

#16 Posted by CombatSpoon86 (832 posts) - - Show Bio
@BatmanvsJoker:  
You thinking about picking it up?
#17 Posted by blur1528 (1055 posts) - - Show Bio
@CombatSpoon86: I'm somewhat disappointed that you didn't tell me about this before. No worries, I WILL GET THIS! Ahh.. I love the Turtles.
#18 Posted by CombatSpoon86 (832 posts) - - Show Bio
@blur1528:  

lol now you know, so excited for this series
#19 Posted by blur1528 (1055 posts) - - Show Bio
@CombatSpoon86: Any official date on this yet?
#20 Posted by CombatSpoon86 (832 posts) - - Show Bio
@blur1528: Comes out Aug. 24
#21 Posted by blur1528 (1055 posts) - - Show Bio
@CombatSpoon86: Thanks! I asked my LCS and they didn't know. IDW site sucks so I couldn't get it from there either. Calendar is now marked!
#22 Posted by CombatSpoon86 (832 posts) - - Show Bio
@blur1528:  
No problem. I can't wait for this series. So excited. I use this website Comixology.com where you can make your own pull list for each wk of the months and it tells you the date it comes out and how much you will pay for that wk. It saves me alot of time and don't have to look at the company websites anymore.
#23 Posted by blur1528 (1055 posts) - - Show Bio
@CombatSpoon86: Awesome I'll start using that.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.