Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Returns This Friday With 'I, Monster'

Posted by k4tzm4n (38884 posts) - - Show Bio

The mid-season break is over and tomorrow Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles will return! I know it was such a short break (especially when compared to shows like Breaking Bad), but man, my Saturday mornings just haven't felt complete without this one.

The premiere episode, 'I, Monster,' introduces a classic villain: The Rat King. He'll attempt to take over the city, but the real danger is when he tries to control Master Splinter's mind. The episode will air Friday, Jan. 25 at 7pm (ET/PT). Nickelodeon is dubbing tomorrow "Total Turtle Takeover" and it'll air encore episodes until 9pm.

The show coming back makes even Raphael happy.

The second half of Season 1 will dive deeper into the Kraang's agenda and introduce Karai! Hopefully they're saving Casey Jones for next season!

The show will return to its regular timeslot (Saturdays at 11am) starting Feb. 2.

Staff
#1 Posted by mk111 (3140 posts) - - Show Bio

The Rat King, eh?

#2 Posted by Ms. Omega (4421 posts) - - Show Bio

Cant wait this is one of my favorite shows on tv right now.

#3 Posted by Lvenger (19070 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn it that gives me Young Justice, The Clone Wars and this to watch! If the Clone Wars hadn't started getting good I'd ignore it. Now TMNT is back with the possibility of a mind controlled Splinter vs The Turtles? It doesn't get better than that!

#4 Posted by Dark_Guyver (2305 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait! Wonder if we'll be seeing Rocksteady and Beebop? I certainly hope so.

#5 Posted by danhimself (22443 posts) - - Show Bio

what exactly happened at the end of the last episode where they were with Leatherhead and the subway car and when it opened they were somewhere else?

#6 Posted by StMichalofWilson (3736 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dark_Guyver said:

Can't wait! Wonder if we'll be seeing Rocksteady and Beebop? I certainly hope so.

Maybe next season alongside Casey Jones

#7 Posted by k4tzm4n (38884 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

what exactly happened at the end of the last episode where they were with Leatherhead and the subway car and when it opened they were somewhere else?

They were still in New York.

Staff
#8 Posted by danhimself (22443 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

@danhimself said:

They were still in New York.

that's what I thought but the way some people talked online had me thinking that I missed something

#9 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12856 posts) - - Show Bio

say what? something interesting to watch on Fridays? I'm in.

#10 Edited by Avenging-X-Bolt (12856 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dark_Guyver said:

i doubt it. I think they were more or less replaced by Dogpound and whatever Xever's new name is.

#11 Posted by Dark_Guyver (2305 posts) - - Show Bio

Well that's a bummer to hear :-/

#12 Posted by sanityisoverrated (27 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt: The call him Fishface.

#13 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32993 posts) - - Show Bio

YESSSS

#14 Edited by Raw_Material (3212 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait for the animated series to air again! "HEY YO, LEOO!!!"

#15 Posted by AmazingWebHead (1808 posts) - - Show Bio

TURTLE POWER!!!

#16 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

About time! :)

#17 Posted by Mezmero (917 posts) - - Show Bio

Cowabunga!

#18 Posted by k4tzm4n (38884 posts) - - Show Bio

Also, the review will go live after the West Coast episode airs!

Staff
#19 Posted by powerflux (79 posts) - - Show Bio

awesome! my favorite tmnt villain!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.