Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2012 Teaser

• 86 results
#51 Posted by G-Man (18915 posts) - - Show Bio
@leokearon: Strange, I'll have to fix that.
#52 Posted by Grim (2081 posts) - - Show Bio

NOOOOOOOO! Donatello is supposed to be damn close to a pacifist whenever he can. Non leathals!!! wtf Nickelodeon?

#53 Posted by NXH (1030 posts) - - Show Bio

WTF??? Why reboot Ninja Turtles again??!!! This trailer looks shit!!!

#54 Posted by Agustin (27 posts) - - Show Bio

The animation here is simplistic because it's a rough. They've only just completed an animatic of the pilot so we haven't even got a full episode animated yet.

It's been hinted at by someone working on the show that each turtle will have a secondary weapon in addition to their signiture one. If you look closely you can see Mike and Don's regular weapons.

#55 Posted by danhimself (22718 posts) - - Show Bio

I have no problem with the style of animation since like I said before...simple designs equals better and smoother animation...but I just don't understand the need to change the weapons especially since the only thing they'll be able to cut is robots due to censoring

#56 Posted by The Impersonator (5620 posts) - - Show Bio

Dude, I need some pizza to watch this.

#57 Posted by Beast_in_the_Shadows (426 posts) - - Show Bio
@Grim: Thats exactly what I was saying. The bo was a perfectly effective, defensive and deflecting weapon and could be used in offense just fine. don't like it...

And a Kusuri-gama works completely different than the nunchukai. it'll change Mikey's style completely.

Also adding blades to their weapons doesn't even make sense because they aren't going to be cutting or stabbing people. Not on a Nickelodeon cartoon show.  I mean al the cartoon characters that are blade based never get to do much with their blades unless they are fighting robots.  Look at what Wolverine gets to do with his claws in cartoons.

If the original Don and Mikey from the first, dark, gritty comics were tough enough with the old weapons, then there is no reason to change them for the sake of egieness.

I'll still give this show a chance (Love  thet turtles so much) but if they don't change the weapons back they will be starting me off on a sour note.
#58 Posted by frogjitsu (477 posts) - - Show Bio

To much of a fan to turn this down.  Any Turtles is good turtles!  Wait... I take that back.  Fast Forward was crap after the Awesome 2003 series.  Hopefully this is good.  Now I want go and bust out my old episodes.  Or maybe I'll play Manhattan Project.  I need a TMNT fix, pronto!

#59 Posted by spystreak (2049 posts) - - Show Bio

looks like crap even worse then when they added a female turtle back in the 90s

#60 Posted by The Hooded Hero (953 posts) - - Show Bio

I already knew Nick got the rights to TMNT. I'm more excited about the rebooted live action movies. When are those suppose to come out.
#61 Posted by DragonRex1 (70 posts) - - Show Bio

Not bad, looks a lot like the 2003 turtles. Kind of wish it was the same voice cast. PS, for those who don't know, Rob Paulsen, who played Raphael in the 1987 series is playing Donatello in this one.

#62 Posted by Band Lone (1774 posts) - - Show Bio

Looking bad so far

#63 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (35134 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a cartoon not a game, right? Coz I thought that vid looked like a game.

#64 Posted by ComicMan24 (147055 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks good.

#65 Posted by ILuvMsMarvel (106 posts) - - Show Bio

They keep trying to bring back the Turtles, and the keep failing.

#66 Posted by dewboy01 (1499 posts) - - Show Bio

is it another 3d animated movie, or a jim henson movie? 
#67 Posted by Shadowdoggy (3800 posts) - - Show Bio
@NightFang: 

#68 Posted by blueninjapanther (672 posts) - - Show Bio

awesome can't wait for this.
#69 Posted by Agustin (27 posts) - - Show Bio
@ILuvMsMarvel said:

" They keep trying to bring back the Turtles, and the keep failing. "

They had a succesful cartoon in 2003 which was also a hit with critics and fans of the original comics. Lasted seven seasons and a DTV movie. I'd argue that isn't a failure. 

@william knowles said:

is it another 3d animated movie, or a jim henson movie?   

The sneak peak here is for a computer animated saturday morning cartoon series. There is a movie in the works that will be live action. Sadly Henson would never touch the turtles for it's supposed violence but they will have men in suits with cgi to animate the lip and eye movement as well as anything else that needs it.

#70 Posted by QsAssistant (19 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ninjistic said:
" @Doctor!!!!! said:
" 1 2 3 4!!!!!! 1 2 3 4!!!! Teenage Ninja mutant Turtles!!!!!! I love them! "
No, no, no. My sincere apologies, but you've got it all wrong, young man. It goes as follows --and I quote-- *ahem*, "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!  Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!  Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles! Heroes in a half-shell. TURTLE POWER!" "

lol!!! I agree. The original show from the 80's and 90's is what I grew up on! Haven't heard the new theme song(s).
#71 Posted by NightFang (10271 posts) - - Show Bio
@Shadowdoggy: Yeah, I saw that weeks ago. I was just wondering why it wasn't the news forums? 
#72 Posted by King Saturn (225168 posts) - - Show Bio
well I'll be damn... those Ninja Turtles are Back
#73 Posted by Shadowdoggy (3800 posts) - - Show Bio
@NightFang:
that's a very good question 
just more thundercat prejudice, if you ask me!
#74 Edited by warmonked (8 posts) - - Show Bio

The 2003 series was one of the best cartoons ever. I hope they can keep up the story telling quality.

#75 Posted by warcorpse (431 posts) - - Show Bio

METAL!
#76 Posted by G-Man (18915 posts) - - Show Bio
@NightFang: Because Nickelodeon just sent me the video file yesterday. Sometimes there are certain deals made where certain outlets get exclusive first viewings. People often post them on youtube without the studios' actual permission. And honestly, I didn't realize it would get over 75 comments. But I am pleasantly surprised.
#77 Posted by mysticflame (37 posts) - - Show Bio

I've always like the turtles. I grew up on the 2003 version and Raphael was always my favorite, but the animation here doesn't look right for a movie and I hope that its just for this preview and that the actual movie doesn't look like this, because it'll be disappointing for me. 

#78 Posted by dorsk188 (236 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm digging the weapon change...  In fact, I wouldn't mind seeing a little more diversity throughout the TMNT.  I'm going to date myself here, but I remember liking it in (I think) the later Archie comic series when the brothers weren't only distinguished by their color and weapon, but Donatello had an ankle-length duster and bag of gadgets, and Raphael had a trucker hat, ball jacket, and an eye missing.  I'm not saying it has to be exactly like that, but I'd like to see their wardrobe and equipment extend beyond knee-pads and bandanas.  It helped show their individuality and how different they became as they grew up.

#79 Edited by Kamen Rider Kajiki (1388 posts) - - Show Bio
@Doctor!!!!! said:

@Doctor!!!!! said:

" @Ninjistic said:

" @Doctor!!!!! said:
No, no, no. My sincere apologies, but you've got it all wrong, young man. It goes as follows --and I quote-- *ahem*, "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!  Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!  Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles! Heroes in a half-shell. TURTLE POWER!" "
I didn't watch the original TMNT, I watched the new one.... yeah ... i'm young. "
You are both wrong its..... aww damn you Nick! They removed all free comics on the site.... go watch Turtles Forever for that.
#80 Posted by untammed (438 posts) - - Show Bio
@Crono11 said:
" I'm not going to lie I still love the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles... "
#81 Posted by rasx (242 posts) - - Show Bio

Looking forward to this!

#82 Posted by I'maDC/ImageGuy! (1634 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh yeah! They've even got the logo inspired by the original mirage comics. This is going to be sweet.

#83 Posted by sweatboy (820 posts) - - Show Bio

like the logo, looks older, but i got a problem with the weapons. But i didn't like the 2003 cartoon till i watched it either. Man i remember when i was 5 and Fred Wolf's TMNT was THE SHIT!

#84 Posted by demonknightinuyasha (1 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kid_Zombie said:
" @Doctor!!!!! said:

" @Ninjistic said:

" @Doctor!!!!! said:
I didn't watch the original TMNT, I watched the new one.... yeah ... i'm young. "
God we are old aperently Ninjistic, I was about to sing the same thing!  So I'll finish what you started.. Ahem...   They're the world's most fearsome fighting team (We're really hip!) They're heroes in a half-shell and they're green (Hey - get a grip!) When the evil Shredder attacks These Turtle boys don't cut him no slack! Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Splinter taught them to be ninja teens (He's a radical rat!) Leonardo leads, Donatello does machines (That's a fact, Jack!) Raphael is cool but crude (Gimme a break!) Michaelangelo is a party dude (Party!) Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Heroes in a half shell Turtle power! "
while reading this I could hear the theme song playing along in my head XD  

changing the weapons is dumb. not everybody needs to be able to cut things :/ 
#85 Posted by danhimself (22718 posts) - - Show Bio

they just showed the first episode on Nick....wasn't bad...I wasn't expecting much though honestly...not great though...found myself laughing a few times....it won't be something where I'll make sure to watch every episode but if it's on and I can watch I will

#86 Posted by Agent_Prince (128 posts) - - Show Bio

The show was excellent, thoroughly enjoyable. The animation may not be to everyone's taste, but was fine for me, and a refreshing change. Don't judge the book by it's cover, this has the potential to be a superb show. Check out my review if you wish. I will certainly be sticking with it

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.