Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1987 TV series)

#1 Posted by wario1988 (990 posts) - - Show Bio

Who else watched this cartoon show? It started in 1987 when i was even born.

But i believe i watched starting from season 5(1991) and i was 3 at that time.

Do you watch TMNT when your are little kid like me?

#2 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4762 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes. I still have the Metalhead action figure.

#3 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

I watched it. I don't think I finished it, though. 

#4 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

no but i've played "teenage mutant ninja turles time traveling" or something like that

#5 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (11431 posts) - - Show Bio

I still own toys from the cartoon and some Archie comics.

#6 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7983 posts) - - Show Bio

I worshiped that show as a child. lol.

#7 Posted by ntb1124 (949 posts) - - Show Bio

Just watched the first six episodes from the first season. Despite being often cheesy it is a pretty good show...

#8 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved that show when I was a kid.

#9 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

What is this MUTANT you talk of? Is this something like them extra terrestrial creatures?

#10 Edited by blur99 (373 posts) - - Show Bio

Loved the show so much in elementary school. Dontello and Leanardo were the coolest. The 3 movies were good too.

I hated the really hard NES game though.

And the Shredder was played by the father from Fresh Prince of Bel Air. Haha,

#11 Posted by Greenflashlight (183 posts) - - Show Bio

I LOVED it as a kid, Still love the games (thank you Xbox live) I had some of the old toys that a gave away when the last movie came out, But I have not watched an episode of the original series in over 10 years but I did download the last series that came out not the one where they go to the future but the one before that. Oh and fun fact about me I am 23 own my own home and at my Grandmas house my room their is still TMNT themed

#12 Posted by King Saturn (224436 posts) - - Show Bio
I remember that show... back in the day when Jordan was dominating the NBA with the Chicago Bulls.
#13 Posted by utotheg38 (18883 posts) - - Show Bio

@blur99 said:

Loved the show so much in elementary school. Dontello and Leanardo were the coolest. The 1st movie was good too.

I hated the really hard NES game though.

And the Shredder was played by the father from Fresh Prince of Bel Air. Haha,

Fixed :P

#14 Posted by Red_Jack (285 posts) - - Show Bio

The silly original cartoon show from 1987 is often mocked by everyone and I would agree. However, From the age of 4 til 12 I worshipped that show. My dad had some of the more mature comics on his vast bookshelf of weird and wonderful books and I absolutely ate it up.

Watched one episode on youtube the other day and I can definitely see how easy to please I was at that age. Those cartoons were sheeeeeeeit.

#15 Posted by Hazlenaut (1960 posts) - - Show Bio

I love the series it think it one crucial standing point for several things. one it teaches me how to make character have personality that is not string of the same joke. They show that they are a team and show that each one is COMPETENT something that needs to studied again thoroughly for both writers and the fans of all kinds.

They show an adaption of how to lighten up which I feel that fan base needs to do. It was overwhelmingly goofy but that is the fun of it. I would say the same for dragonball.

#16 Posted by longbowhunter (7286 posts) - - Show Bio

#17 Posted by karrob (4280 posts) - - Show Bio

@Static Shock said:

I watched it. I don't think I finished it, though.

This

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.