Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #1 - Thoughts?

#1 Posted by SQReview (44 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey guys and gals! 

So I picked up Kevin Eastman's new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles series from IDW, well, the first issue anyway. I thought it was incredible. It was a nod back to the original comic book and an intelligent new take on the franchise. I think this might end up being my definitive version of TMNT. 

What does everyone else think about it?

#2 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
I haven't read it yet, but i'm planning to.
#3 Edited by danhimself (21898 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm a pretty hardcore fan of TMNT....I own every series published...from the original Mirage to Archie to Image.....Image's being by far the worst

This was good...not great but good....so far I don't care for the new origin...that's my main gripe right now....loved the art...it was very reminiscent of the Mirage series

definitely won't be my definitive TMNT...that's the original Mirage series...doesn't matter how good this series turns out to be

#4 Posted by RedK (2521 posts) - - Show Bio

really liked the new series, not sure on the new origin and how their only 18 months old but i guess that can means that we will be seeing them during some training sessions and trying to master various skills as well as coming to terms to terms with their place in the world, hopefully they will decide to introduce some of the superheroes that exist in that world as well as the Utroms

#5 Posted by CATPANEXE (9366 posts) - - Show Bio

Luv'd eet! Read it twice.
I would have preferred a continuation of the known storyline, 
but it's the Turtles so I was just as up for it as I was any variation on the theme.

#6 Posted by TheAvenger802 (272 posts) - - Show Bio

I love TMNT. The comics..well i have picked up less of those but i watched almost every 80's episodes as a kid and im trying to buy them all now. I'll pick up a few comics and check it out. One of the most disappointing TMNT things i have ever watched though was this.

Dont Watch this movie!!! lol
#7 Posted by TheCupcakeAvenger (56 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll be honest, the only exposure to the Turtles I've ever had has been through the films and cartoons, but I read this out of interest and I loved it. It was a bit of a departure from what I've seen, what with it being a little darker and them not wearing multicoloured masks, but I'm definitely going to keep up with this series.

#8 Posted by Carolina574 (171 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not all that crazy about the change to the origin, but I do like how they seem to be pulling characters from all of the different version of the turtles and putting them into one continuity. Hopefully this series will have a longer span than some of the other series, but so far I am very impressed.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.