Original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

#1 Posted by WBNeve (5 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been a huge fan of TMNT since a kid, now I'm trying to locate the old comics from the original series. I noticed on a search here that their is collected volumes starting at volume 1 with issues 1-62. Does anyone know where I can find these? Are they even released yet?

#2 Posted by MetropolisKid41 (515 posts) - - Show Bio

Best bet would be Amazon for any of the old collected editions. IDW is pretty good about releasing old stuff from previous publishers when they take over or aquire the license for something that has a long past of being published. They have collected and released a ton of the old Marvel and Dreamwave runs on Transformers and GI JOE. SO I'd think in about a year or so they'll be putting out some of the original Mirage Studios comics in collected editions.

#3 Posted by danhimself (22493 posts) - - Show Bio

old issue off TMNT are notoriously hard to find....best bet would be to search local comic book stores, Amazon, and Ebay

#4 Posted by MetropolisKid41 (515 posts) - - Show Bio

I think he's just trying to track down the collected editions, so he can read them. If nothing else there is a teenage mutant ninja turtles website out there that have a bunch of the original run up for reading on their website. Can't think of the site right off hand but if you google search teenage mutant ninja turtles it should be one of the links on the first 2 pages of search results.

#5 Posted by Billy Batson (57957 posts) - - Show Bio

aren't there any digital issues?
BB

#6 Posted by MetropolisKid41 (515 posts) - - Show Bio

I assume IDW will make them available digitally after they collect them and put them out in trades, which I assume they will do since they did it for Transformers and GI JOE. I really hope they do, it would be a nice addition to my trade collection.

#7 Posted by MetropolisKid41 (515 posts) - - Show Bio

@WBNeve:

An update on trades being released, IDW is releasing them in hardcover editions collection 7 issues at a time, the first of these actually ships this week! But is listed at a steep $49.99

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.