Ninja Turtles Reboot: Reasons To Have Some Faith

• 70 results
#51 Posted by HeghmohQib (4 posts) - - Show Bio

Mmmmm, Pure haterade. Delicious!

#52 Posted by Shamelesslysupportinaznballers (553 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

@Shamelesslysupportinaznballers: Bay bashing... by jumping to his defense over claims that he alone is going to ruin the movie?

I wasn't going to dive into old news and once again elaborate on the alien statement, primary because I've done that before:

It doesn't matter if you are throwing other people under the bus along w/Bay, bottom line is you're still bashing him. Just because you're throwing in other people doesn't mean it's OK to leave out information which would make some of your points irrelevant.

#53 Posted by Pokeysteve (8777 posts) - - Show Bio

You know a movie is going to fail when there's a "Hold on to hope" thread for it.

#54 Posted by Edimasta (22 posts) - - Show Bio

I think a new approach can turn out pretty darn good if it is up to our time... I think the "oldschool" Turtles are just not fitting in todays childhoods and just to keep them the old way to make some fans happy will be the easier but wrong way.

#55 Posted by pingclang (266 posts) - - Show Bio

Change doesn't bother me. I'm a lifelong Turtles fan, big time, and I love the brothers 4 like family but I think changes will be needed. Don't make it something like aliens or something goofy like that but maybe experiments done on regular turtles like the new comics or even maybe have the ooze some toxic crap that spills into a swamp or something. I just don't like the idea of aliens, it seems like lazy writing. Come up with something new and creative.

#56 Posted by Deranged Midget (17987 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm still waiting on a trailer or screenshots of some sort before making any sort of judgement. If it turns out poorly, then fine, but there's no reason for continuous bashing.

@Crash_Recovery: Good post. As much as Bay may have murdered the Transformers franchise, he also made it widely acceptable in the modern community at large.

On top of that, The Rock, Bad Boys and The Island are highly enjoyable films.

#57 Posted by Jaymundo (177 posts) - - Show Bio

Let's just play the waiting game, hopefully we can look back at all this nerd-rage and laugh.

#58 Posted by Deranged Midget (17987 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jaymundo: See, now that's what I'm talking about; staying positive.

#59 Posted by k4tzm4n (35202 posts) - - Show Bio

It doesn't matter if you are throwing other people under the bus along w/Bay, bottom line is you're still bashing him. Just because you're throwing in other people doesn't mean it's OK to leave out information which would make some of your points irrelevant.

I don't mean to be rude, but did you read the entire piece? 

1. I'm not bashing the project, I'm telling people to wait until there's more information before jumping to strong conclusions.
  2. The initial paragraph was a rehash of events so far.  If you scroll down, you'll see I state that the script is allegedly long gone.
  3. I didn't throw anyone under the bus.  I point out Eastman's positive remarks and positively discuss the direction the director wants to take (visuals/fight sequences).  
  4. The entire piece is a response to the astronomical amount of hate this film is receiving.  This feature is intended to tell them "Sure, it might turn out terrible, but let's wait until we get the official facts first."

Staff Online
#60 Posted by k4tzm4n (35202 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

I'm still waiting on a trailer or screenshots of some sort before making any sort of judgement. If it turns out poorly, then fine, but there's no reason for continuous bashing.

@Crash_Recovery: Good post. As much as Bay may have murdered the Transformers franchise, he also made it widely acceptable in the modern community at large.

On top of that, The Rock, Bad Boys and The Island are highly enjoyable films.

Staff Online
#61 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8874 posts) - - Show Bio

Still think it's going to suck rotten donkey balls

#62 Edited by ThomasElliot (371 posts) - - Show Bio

@Crash_Recovery said:

Based on some of the comments about Bay and Transformers, it seems that NONE of the geek community ever enjoyed any of the following:

1. The Rock
  2. Bad Boys 1 and 2
  3. Armageddon
  4. Pearl Harbor
  5. The Island
  6. Transformers 1-3

If you can honestly say with a straight face that you've never once enjoyed any of these movies, then slap yourself on the back and continue with the hating.

If you have enjoyed any of these movies, take a deep breath and plow forward.

At the end of the day, your TNMT still exists and you're probably about 20 years older than the age group this film is being made for.

I see what you did there. You threw a ton of crap up, because its easier to make something stick if you throw out more than less. Then you added the caveat 'once enjoyed'. And then you grouped a whole trilogy as one entry.

Alrighty then. So, out of 10 films I ONCE enjoyed 3 of them, but can't stand them on attempted repeat viewings. That's a 'ONCE' enjoyed rate of 30%. You're telling me I need to 'give it a chance' when my 'likeability' rate of all things Bay is at 30%? No, 30% tells me that I can probably skip anything with 'Michael Bay' on it. Of the 10 films, I actually only own 1 of them on DVD. 1 out of 10 is an abysmal record. Of the 10 films, I have ZERO illegal copies of any of them, which means I dislike them so much that I won't even bother to STEAL them. Huh.

As far as Turtles go though... whatever. I don't necessarily believe 'Michael Bay' = it will suck, but it doesn't necessarily give hope either. The cynicism isn't so much about Bay, but about Hollywood in general. It could end up being good, but its best to keep expectations low in the first place. Then again, I am no rabid TMNT fan who will feel like the world should end if the movie ends up bad. Most people whining don't even know the original Turtles, just the cheesy toon we watched as kids.

#63 Posted by Teerack (7624 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't let this article fool you! Michel Bay must be stopped.

#64 Posted by Shamelesslysupportinaznballers (553 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: I read it but by you not giving all the info and leaving out tidbits that could have strengthen your arguments not to bash Bay, it makes you look like you're playing devil's advocate provoking the Bay bashing.

#65 Posted by k4tzm4n (35202 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shamelesslysupportinaznballers said:

@k4tzm4n: I read it but by you not giving all the info and leaving out tidbits that could have strengthen your arguments not to bash Bay, it makes you look like you're playing devil's advocate provoking the Bay bashing.

The only info you're claiming I left-out was surrounding the early "alien" remark, and like I've already stated -- that's very old news and has been discussed to death. And regarding that script, I include the remark Bay had, claiming the script is long gone. So, I'm not sure what information you think I left-out that could serve as a game changer, or how this is even egging anyone on regarding Bay. It's doing the opposite, and so far, it seems as though most of the comments understand this.

Staff Online
#66 Posted by Shamelesslysupportinaznballers (553 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: Saying the script is long gone & saying he had nothing to do with the script in the first place are 2 totally different things. By just saying the script is gone it doesn't mean he didn't have anything to do with it and therefore it also doesn't mean the next script will be any good. But if you had said this bad script had nothing to do w/Bay in the first place then that's completely different.

As regard to the "old news", if its old and shouldn't be discussed then don't even mention it in the first place & don't make a link to a page that is clearly all about bashing Bay & his alien remark.

#67 Edited by k4tzm4n (35202 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shamelesslysupportinaznballers: That's just nit-picking at this point, especially when I already discussed in detail how he's a producer, therefore his creative input is limited. Furthermore, I previously had an entire article discussing the leaked script and how Bay claims it was before he came on-board (which Latino Review actually pointed out is false) and that's exactly why I didn't dive into that repeat territory.

If you want to think this is bashing Bay and the project, that's fine, I can live with that. But virtually everyone else sees this feature is attempting to do the opposite.

As regard to the "old news", if its old and shouldn't be discussed then don't even mention it in the first place & don't make a link to a page that is clearly all about bashing Bay & his alien remark.

Side note: I linked that because that's CV's official article on the matter.

Staff Online
#68 Posted by 00 Raiser (441 posts) - - Show Bio

Im not to crazy about the Ninja Turtles period. They mutants with weapons but I have never seen them spill blood since the original comic books. Bay producer Im okay with. Bay director. Not so much. His vision always seems a bit rushed in movies he directs.

#69 Posted by Jaymundo (177 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget: Best way to be these days!

#70 Posted by Miss_Garrick (1757 posts) - - Show Bio

Well now, I refuse to see it unless Vanilla Ice does make an appearance. X^D

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.