Follow

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Team » Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles appears in 1198 issues.

After four baby turtles were mutated by toxic goo called mutagen they were trained in the art of ninjutsu by fellow mutant Master Splinter. The Turtles different fighting styles and personalities build off one another making them a formidable team of ninja warrior superheroes.

Ninja Turtles Movie to Reveal Shredder’s Name

xblah_blahx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

According to actor William Fichtner, the Go and The Dark Knight star who recently revealed that he will play The Shredder in Michael Bay and Jonathan Liebesman’s upcoming (Teenage Mutant?) Ninja Turtles, told Screen Rant today that the film varies wildly from the traditional mythology and that Michael Bay’s Turtles will be “something else.”

Fichtner, who also stars in this week’s release The Lone Ranger, will therefore be out and about doing some press for the next little while, so expect more of these non-answers and teases to come, we’re sure.

“Turtles is coming together very, very cool,” Fichtner said. “There is a whole interesting dynamic that happens in the world of Turtles and all I can really say about it at this point while working on it is that the Turtle film, it’s not like anything that I remember about the Turtles before. I feel like this Michael Bay-produced movie is just gonna really be something else. I’m pretty excited.”

One very different thing? The Shredder will not be Japanese (obviously)–and will be named onscreen. Because of that, his traditional name will not be used, presumably since it would seem out of place on the actor.

“I actually play a guy named Eric Sachs [Sounds like Sachs? Hard to understand] in the movie. And then he goes through a few stages in his existence,” Fichtner said.

Presuming the quote is right, that sounds an awful lot like a whitewashed/Americanized version of “Oroku Saki,” the character’s original name. Let the fan rage begin…

Source: http://comicbook.com/blog/2013/07/01/ninja-turtles-movie-to-reveal-shredders-name-be-unlike-previous-incarnations/

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Yeah, it'll likely be "Col. Schraeder" just like the original script.

xblah_blahx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@dark_guyver said:

@k4tzm4n: Ugh... I truly hope not.

I wouldn't be surprised. Now that we know the Foot is apparently militarized, it makes sense.

Not saying I dig it...

xblah_blahx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n: Ya, I'm really trying to keep an open mind on all these changes.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@dark_guyver: Likewise. At this point, I expect drastic changes and I simply hope the end result is entertaining.

I can't help but wonder how many of these upset "fans" would react if they knew about the origin twist in the IDW comic :D

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
    deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By deactivated-5c901e667a76c  Moderator

@k4tzm4n: I actually like that origin best. Being an actual Buddhist probably has a lot to do with it.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@xwraith: Oh, I think it's a superb and fresh take on it and it definitely works. I'm just saying I think a lot of the casual fans outraged over changes would probably throw a fit if they heard about how the TMNT origin was handled in the new book.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I think my biggest problem with this is that Eastman is allowing this to happen

xblah_blahx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By xblah_blahx

@xwraith: @k4tzm4n: Even if the movie does turn out bad, we still have the wonderfully written IDW turtles comic (one of the best comics out) and the really great Nickelodeon show. I would just like to see a live adaptation equally as good.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@xwraith: @k4tzm4n: Even if the movie does turn out bad, we still have the wonderfully written IDW turtles comic (one of the best comics out) and the really great Nickelodeon show. I would just like to see a live adaptation equally as good.

Well, that does exist. It's the 1990 movie ;)

And yes, both the IDW comic and Nick show are excellent.

xblah_blahx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By xblah_blahx

@k4tzm4n: Lol, well of course that's good. I just meant an up to date live action movie :)

biggkeem89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By biggkeem89

Maybe he'll be a reincarnated Oroku Saki, in a white American body. Sort of like the IDW TMNT, where Splinter and the Turtles are reincarnated from Hamato Yoshi and his sons. It would be a good way to acknowledge the original origin, while updating it

xblah_blahx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By xblah_blahx

@biggkeem89: Yea that wouldn't be too bad If itt happened like that.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.