New TMNT Comics Coming From IDW

#1 Edited by Icon (2077 posts) - - Show Bio

It was announced at WonderCon that IDW have acquired the license to publish new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles comics, as well as reprint the original Eastman & Laird TMNT works. From CBR:

"The Turtles debuted in 1984 as a black-and-white independent comic parodying popular series of the day like New Mutants and Daredevil and were made world-famous by an immensely popular cartoon series in the late 1980s to '90s; since that time, Donatello, Michelangelo, Raphael, and Leonardo have appeared in both live-action and CGI-based films, further animated series and a host of toys, backpacks, lunch boxes and myriad other products. 

Last year, Nickelodeon bought the "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" franchise outright for $60 million, with plans to launch yet another cartoon next year. Mirage Studios, the publisher founded by Eastman and Laird, ceased publishing Turtles comics shortly after the acquisition, but now IDW is poised to bring the Turtles back to their comics roots... The new series will not continue the "Tales of TMNT" series Mirage published but will be based on the original comics."

#2 Posted by RedK (2521 posts) - - Show Bio

cool, read some of tales of TMNT and if this series is even slightly like that it will be worth the wait for this to come out and one big upside is that now it will be in colour

#3 Posted by Icon (2077 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedK said:
" cool, read some of tales of TMNT and if this series is even slightly like that it will be worth the wait for this to come out and one big upside is that now it will be in colour "
Agreed.
#4 Posted by k4tzm4n (43285 posts) - - Show Bio

Creative team has been revealed!

Turtles co-creator Kevin Eastman, co-writer Tom Waltz, and artist Dan Duncan.  Basically, it's like the "ultimate universe" version of the TMNT.  Looking to re-create the classic team, but a new universe with new and old villains. 

I'm too lazy to copy/paste the rest (plus the format would look like garbage), so here's the full article:
http://thecomicsledger.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=news&thread=2368    
Staff
#5 Posted by fenixREVOLUTION (889 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm actually happy to hear this. I've been dropping a lot of titles, just from them feeling mediocre and I can now give this one a shot in August.

#6 Edited by Judge_Dredd (149 posts) - - Show Bio

Very cool, I'll be checking this out. So, they're teenagers and its a reboot, interesting. They were in their 30s in the later Mirage stuff.

I always dig me some Turtle Power!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.