Follow

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Team » Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles appears in 1200 issues.

After four baby turtles were mutated by toxic goo called mutagen they were trained in the art of ninjutsu by fellow mutant Master Splinter. The Turtles different fighting styles and personalities build off one another making them a formidable team of ninja warrior superheroes.

Michael Bay's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Causes Alarm on the Internet

• 186 results
    Avatar image for thegreyoutcastx
    TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@CATPANEXE: You are reading too much into what I said. I was merely adding my own thought on it.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#152  Edited By Gambit1024

I'm betting that whatever mutates the turtles in this movie comes from space, and that Bay misspoke (but too embarrassed to admit it).

I honestly can't imagine a movie where the TMNT are little green men from a distant planet. In fact, I refuse to imagine it.

ravisher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By ravisher

fuk .............

mickoreo_LZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By mickoreo_LZ

Well you hit on everything that is wrong with Bay's vision. Not much more to say. Anyone seen Imaginationland trilogy from South Park? Bay's skills are summed up quite well. Props to anyone who knows what I'm talking about

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@mickoreo_LZ said:

Well you hit on everything that is wrong with Bay's vision. Not much more to say. Anyone seen Imaginationland trilogy from South Park? Bay's skills are summed up quite well. Props to anyone who knows what I'm talking about

I apologize for the quality

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By ssejllenrad
    All-in-all, these latest developments about the TMNT movie are disappointing to fans. It's like remaking the Karate Kid, but setting it in China, and Mr. Miyagi is played by a professional stuntman, and they're learning Kung Fu, not Karate.... wait... that happened.

Best part in the article!

doomsilver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 13

#157  Edited By doomsilver

nice

RogueOracle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By RogueOracle

Ugh?!!! Michael Bay is like the Greg Land of movies.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hectorsquall said:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Thanks to Hectorsquall for this great posters.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#160  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

UPDATE: Kevin Eastman responds.

Kevin Eastman - "Hey Guys, Sorry to have been away for so long--completely swamped with work--but it is some pretty exciting stuff. I had been invited to check out the TMNT film development by my friend Scott Mednick over the years, and a while back had a full look behind the curtian at what writers Appelbaum and Nemec, director Liebesman, and producer Bay are doing--and trust me--it IS AWESOME. I'm officially on board, and will share more as I'm allowed... thanks all!"
    cyberninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#161  Edited By cyberninja

At first I was pissed, then I saw this....

Then I was like..... 

No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for beast_in_the_shadows
    Beast_in_the_Shadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@Soldier zero said:

@North Roberts said:

I didn't know that ninja weapons caused enough explosions to validate Michael Bay's attention.

Just replace nunchucks with linked sticks of dynamite.

Ha! That made me audibly laugh. And Donny could have a roman candle instead of a bo.

@TheGreyOutcastX said:

@Soldier zero said:

@TheGreyOutcastX said:

Why, Michael Bay?! Why can't you leave my childhood alone?!!!

Same here.

Mr Bay already have the undying enemity of the TF fandom thanks to Transformers 2 & 3. Now this!

My big question is: when are they're going to screw Thundercats making them mutants?

Dude, don't give Bay any thoughts about Thundercats. At least one franchise must remain safe the destroyer of childhoods.

Exactly. Thank God George Lucas already ruined Star Wars before Bay ever got the chance.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Beast_in_the_Shadows said:

Thank God George Lucas already ruined Star Wars before Bay ever got the chance.

George made documents so no one could change the Star Wars anymore, after he kicks the bucket.

Still Bay haves many franchises to ruin, i hear he is going to make the Care Bears movie.

hectorsquall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By hectorsquall

@DeathpooltheT1000: LMAO!

@cyberninja:

No Caption Provided
    North Roberts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#165  Edited By North Roberts

Truthfully, I wish I could say that I feel outrage on this subject. After watching repeated bastardizations of various different licensed properties in the name of big-screen adaptation, I've kind of lost my gag reflex over such things. I guess you could say I've been jaded.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hectorsquall said:

@cyberninja:

No Caption Provided

EPIC!!!

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@hectorsquall said:

@cyberninja:

No Caption Provided

Epic indeed!

Zauberin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By Zauberin  Moderator

Michael Bay needs a kick in the ass.

CWB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By CWB

Ugh....

Casshern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By Casshern

Not to agree with Bay...BUT I think this is what he's doing...because in some cased BASED ON THE VARIOUS retellings from the Original Writers.

One could say the Turtles are more Alien based. This is simple because of the ooz. In some back stories the ooz had more of an alien connection than human one. I think Bay will be focusing on this, and not making them, I HOPE NOT, aliens that study ninjutsu, that look like they are giant turtles.

Think about some of the many remakes the Original writers of turtles did. Shredder was human (Original Comic) lost his head and was dead. Then Cartoon 1 he was a BABIES Bitch following that brain alien's orders. Then in another Cartoon 2 he did die like he did in the Original comic-book...BUT he was an ALIEN (a brain alien, that in the funny cartoon he took orders from).

In Cartoon 2 Shredder was an Alien, and the main Turtle the story was how the brain aliens had been living among humans since the time of the Shinobi and the ooz and splinters master were all effected by them!

I know we don't like changing s**t, BUT The Original Creators of Ninja Turtle have rewritten the story at least 7 times! I think its AMAZING that They still write/draw and have worked on all the animated shows + movies...CONTINUOUSLY RE-writing Ninja Turtles.

HELL I doubt, because they keep doing this, people even know what the Original story is from start to finish. They have even merged to different Origins together and ERASED some events when continuing the story.

EX: Leo...lost his hand in the original comic-book and Don became a Cyborg! then they just erased that but continued the story as if it didn't happen. Talk about Cannon ideas and history and so on and so on.

I HOPE THEY ARE NOT ALIENS...but I think you understand what might happen here.

Narok24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#171  Edited By Narok24

@TheGreyOutcastX: Michael Bay's response: "Cause f*** you, that's why?" He'll never stop.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Narok24 said:

@TheGreyOutcastX: Michael Bay's response: "Cause f*** you, that's why?" He'll never stop.

And then an explosion happened for no reason, other that the fact is Bay.

umbrafeline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#173  Edited By umbrafeline

im confused, why wasnt there an uproar over the abomination of what he did to transformers? optimus prime is not supposed to have lips or flames, bumblebee is a volkswagon beetle, ironhide is supposed to be a van and megatron is p-38 walther luger saturday night special. but damn you bay i should come to hollyweird and rip out your innards and show them to you before you die of blood loss :-)

CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By CATPANEXE

@umbrafeline said:

megatron is p-38 walther luger saturday night special.

Not to credit him to much, but this was actually ruled out long before he came along. It was due to a law being passed, specifically after an accident where a US police officer shot and killed a child playing the game Lazer Tag by accident, that no toy shall bear a resemblance/be a replica of a real life firearm (G1 Megatron was the latter scaled down). Megatron hasn't been portrayed as that gun for years now as a result of the fact that Hasbro, who calls most of the shots as far as this franchise goes, couldn't market his weapon form.

Avatar image for theblaquebasterd
    THEBlaqueBasterd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

did dude just call Jackie Chan a professional stuntman? GTFOH.. rilly?.. idunno, this sites gettin worse by the millisecond.

Bur I digress, who gives a Cartmans asscrack if theyre aliens..? Its already inevitable

the ONLY thing in this scenario u should be worried about is Bay being attached to the film &how many countless vapid hip hight &rising slow motion lookin upward off into the distance shots he'll be able to fit in..

But seriously guy, CHILL.. i got this..lol Everyones pissed at the premise but no ones got any alternative ideas up for spectrum why?

tut tut NO IMAGINATION is why =_-

in the last 5mins i've already worked out a solution to Michael "Destroyer of Dreams" Bays childhood memory intervention..

Bay i'll see ur basic shock & awe alien origin

&raise u an intricate plot with ship crash landing on earth with them as babies.. members of a race of highly intelligent advanced reptile/anthropomorphoids their parents dying in the crash them gettin found by a Japanese ex pat Samurai/Ninja/Ronin on the run who gets accidentally genetically resequenced into a humanoid rat after a malfunction brought on by a stray rodent etc etc....... see how easy that was? Now just pray that those douches are reading this -_-

You can thank Me later

umbrafeline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By umbrafeline

@CATPANEXE said:

@umbrafeline said:

megatron is p-38 walther luger saturday night special.

Not to credit him to much, but this was actually ruled out long before he came along. It was due to a law being passed, specifically after an accident where a US police officer shot and killed a child playing the game Lazer Tag by accident, that no toy shall bear a resemblance/be a replica of a real life firearm (G1 Megatron was the latter scaled down). Megatron hasn't been portrayed as that gun for years now as a result of the fact that Hasbro, who calls most of the shots as far as this franchise goes, couldn't market his weapon form.

i wouldve bought it for that reason

CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By CATPANEXE

@umbrafeline: Lmao, I'm certain your not alone. It also upped the collectible value by a severe margin of course. I used to have one, but it broke, specifically the trigger that seemed to stand in place for his penis (oh my and how!) in robot mode broke off. He was buried under the raspberry tree in a crayon box coffin, and the other toys held a service.

Megatron is VERY happy to see you!
    umbrafeline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By umbrafeline

@CATPANEXE said:

@umbrafeline: Lmao, I'm certain your not alone. It also upped the collectible value by a severe margin of course. I used to have one, but it broke, specifically the trigger that seemed to stand in place for his penis (oh my and how!) in robot mode broke off. He was buried under the raspberry tree in a crayon box coffin, and the other toys held a service.

lol

Suprman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#179  Edited By Suprman

I'm upset at the way Michael Bay phrased his first statement. They are Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, where do you see aliens in that title? I'm all for building a richer world and expanding the universe, that's what sequels are supposed to do, build upon what has been done before. Even reboots do that to a certain extent. However the problem is this is Michael Bay we are talking about, the man who has mastered making Junk Food Cinema. TMNT is a property that has a lot of substance to it if you know where to look and I don't think Bay wants to look for that substance, he just wants to give us the candy coating. I don't want the candy coating, I want the center.

Avatar image for coldmaster61342
    coldmaster61342

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#180  Edited By coldmaster61342

I guess after his work on transformers it's no wonder people are complaining about his new turtle movie.

filmnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By filmnick

I feel like the TMNT franchise has been slowly being killed over the years as it is. The newest animated TV shows are already murdering our beloved series. The turtles weren't made for tweens. When the first books came out, they were meant for adults. But I guess that won't sell toys.

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bennybadfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By bennybadfish

All for profit, NOTHING for true turtle fans. Michael Bay will look at this like he does anything else "reinvent the subject, create new fans, and create more profit". This is not a film being made for the love of the turtles, it is being made for the love of an opportunity. NOT doing the fans or the TMNT any justice. NOT paying homage to what we love about them. I fear the worst if someone doesn't do something about this soon. Nothing is staying true in any of these big hollywood reboots. We want to see tribute to the original, done for the real (now adult) audience. The comics were filled with bloody battles, and very few explosions. Lets show the mature side of the turtles and make an honest film about Teenage Mutant Ninja assassins who have been trained to take down the evil ninja assassins known as the foot, who have infiltrated New York city and put it's citizens in great danger. That's a film I, a true and life long turtles fan, would DIE to see. Anyone else with me????

Avatar image for monkeyonurback_
    monkeyonurback_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By monkeyonurback_

somebody please end michael bay. he can't be allowed to continue.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By Vaeternus

I think since the original guys Kevin Eastman and Peter are involved, it'll be decent at least if not good/as good as the first two. Someone said the mutagen was alien based in another TMNT topic, so they could use that. I think too many people are jumping the gun though...the movie hasn't even had a teaser or trailer yet, yet people have this judged already...sigh lol.

I'll wait to it actually comes out, watch it to pass judgment. And FTR, First two Transformers weren't that bad, third one was ok....I honestly believe with Transformers, anyone short of Jesus would have the fans bitching for years and crying a river.

COBRAMORPH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By COBRAMORPH

Honestly, I dont have a problem with them being aliens. I do not like Bay films. He is like Uwe Bolls, only with a bigger budget. His Transformer movies were awful.

& I dont care if one or both of the TMNT creators are involved. George Lucas made a crappy prequel trilogy. Then he started making un-needed, awful edits to the original trilogy.

This is like the Mass Effect controvercy. Only actually relievant.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.