Michael Bay wants to turn the TMNT..into Aliens...

• 109 results
#1 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
WTF? Kinda loses the concept.
#2 Posted by Aiden Cross (15569 posts) - - Show Bio

transforming alien ninja turtles from cybertron that are powered by huge explosions?

#3 Posted by _slim_ (13115 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol

#4 Posted by Loki9876 (3051 posts) - - Show Bio

BAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm mad.

#5 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11745 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by The_Tree (7526 posts) - - Show Bio

Either he's a bigger idiot than we thought, or he meant alien as in different. Hopefully it's the latter, because they might as well call them the TANT if they are aliens.

#7 Posted by Death Certificate (5438 posts) - - Show Bio

#8 Posted by hectorsquall (1137 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok, I'll admit. Bay did modernize the Transformers for a new audience and he did a pretty good job. But reducing the Turtles origin to simply being... aliens? C'mon bro...

#10 Posted by TDK_1997 (14902 posts) - - Show Bio

Why are they doing this to us!

#11 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33634 posts) - - Show Bio

#12 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL. To be honest, if that works for the best I don't have a problem with it. The thing is, I don't see how it will...

#13 Posted by NewKid (366 posts) - - Show Bio

...sigh.

#14 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
@The_Tree said:

Either he's a bigger idiot than we thought, or he meant alien as in different.

#15 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13273 posts) - - Show Bio

.......so her wants teenage ALIEN turtles?

#16 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33634 posts) - - Show Bio

quick hide this thread before Katz sees it

#17 Posted by cattlebattle (12830 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to turn Michael Bay into a murder victim.....

#18 Posted by CATPANEXE (9368 posts) - - Show Bio

Come on love, I'm trying to have a pleasant day here being excited about tonight's Walking Dead. I'm even eating pie today.

I don't need to be brought down with this association of Bay with my beloved Turtles, lol.

Suck one too, because I know he's on Viacoms payroll. I pray that he'll be to entrenched with Transformers 4 (and 5 if I read his contract right)

and not have the time to move in on TMNT.

#19 Posted by hectorsquall (1137 posts) - - Show Bio
Michael Bay: FFFUUU !!!
#20 Edited by Hazlenaut (1960 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone had their stop watch ready. I am not even surprised anymore. Edgy that was the original. Aliens been done in the second issue. Tough that was original and 2000 series returning that back to the original which they did a great job. You are going to make them believable route which is hard since the movie did a great job. Their wackiness made them hot seller. Turtle can take many forms since we have so many recarnations of them. This reminds me I like to apologize at Nick’s first pilot of the turtles which were fat and had beaky mouths they were not that bad. It is going to take more than then a new look of the turtles. Saying that they are alien seems cheap. I pretty sure it is going to get allot of money since it is turtles, but we will regret it after ward.

#21 Posted by royale_with_cheese (747 posts) - - Show Bio

Then what is to become of Shredder? I thought he was the alien?

#22 Posted by Ms. Omega (4479 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh Hellz Naw

#23 Posted by k4tzm4n (45907 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87 said:

quick hide this thread before Katz sees it

LOL.

All I can say is: Unnecessary change seems entirely unnecessary.

But, I'll wait until we see more before unleashing the nerdrage kraken. :)

Staff
#24 Edited by Mr. Dead Pool (2625 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by Onemoreposter (4065 posts) - - Show Bio

I want gritty, dark, 4 foot tall turtles, all with red bandannas, raised for the sole purpose of assassinating their masters enemy. I want R rated TMNT. I realize this will never happen...

I guess I don't really care if they're aliens since the movie won't be what I want it to be in the first place, but the change just seems pointless.

#26 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

lol

#27 Posted by tensor (4513 posts) - - Show Bio

i am might be the only one but i like this idea .This way he can move from tmnt an the kids stuff an make it more over the top an less kiddies some hardcore action turtles style lol

#28 Posted by Icarusflies (12503 posts) - - Show Bio

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

No.

#29 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@Icarusflies said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

No.

Indeed. Its kinda stupid huh?
#30 Edited by War Killer (20261 posts) - - Show Bio
@hectorsquall said:

Destroyer of Childhoods, you mean...
#31 Posted by hectorsquall (1137 posts) - - Show Bio

@War Killer:

#32 Posted by Edamame (28194 posts) - - Show Bio

lol

#33 Posted by War Killer (20261 posts) - - Show Bio
@hectorsquall said:

@War Killer:

LMBO!

Nice, man. Very nice xD
#34 Edited by BlackArmor (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

Bwahahahahahaha ohhh....hahahahahahaha.........Ahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha cant hahaha breathe bwahahahahaha

#35 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@BlackArmor: LOL Are you mad?
#36 Posted by Hazlenaut (1960 posts) - - Show Bio

After watching big picture from Moviebob of untransformed

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/the-big-picture/5384-Untransformed

Anyone feel that this may be Bay’s practicing of dark comedy. I think I made everyone die a little more inside for showing that video. Wasn’t the reason TMNT last movie did not do too well was because little downer and missed the point. This current one best case scenario be brushed up and get surprisingly good series afterward like Transformers Animated.

#37 Posted by BlackArmor (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

@Primmaster64 said:

@BlackArmor: LOL Are you mad?

Like a hatter...oh wait you mean am I angry.....kinda I wasn't expecting much anyway, this strikes me more as a "hahaha" stupid thing then a "what the hell is wrong with you" stupid thing it's so bad I can't be angry

#38 Posted by ARMIV2 (8592 posts) - - Show Bio

...Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!!

#39 Posted by CATPANEXE (9368 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hazlenaut: I'm curious to whether your sources even know of the subject matter and creative process, or if that's fan-fic? The reasons I say that are the Turtles movie reference (?). The live action Turtles films were an utter success, and still remain so to date, both a testament to Jim Henson's legacy and the rest of the creative forces involved. They weren't in line with the 80's animated series, which confused some people, but the first was faithful to the Mirage series, which the 80's cartoon was not. The TMNT CGI venture was not understood by unversed critics as it was a continuation of the Fox series. Turtles Forever likewise did a great job celebrating the Turtles anniversary, and closing one era into the Viacom one. Overall the Turtles are a constant win all around, no matter the interpretation. As for the Transformers Animated (?), I presume you mean Transformers Prime? That isn't Bay's work, and as it stands, the quality of it proceeds his. I'm uncertain were this delusion that Bay creates transformers comes from at all, but it's 100% untrue. Hasbro perpetuates the franchise, and all ventures are put forth by them. Bay moxied his way into the live action vehicles after they were already established. Finally, as for a Ninja Turtles series after the next film? The series was already green lit and has been in production since before the film itself in order to ignite the new Viacom/Nick era, so that's an unfounded and misinformed idea as well.

#40 Posted by Rowen545 (378 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mr. Dead Pool said:

QFT

#41 Posted by Rowen545 (378 posts) - - Show Bio

@tensor: So the only way to be more adult is to make them aliens?

#42 Edited by Hazlenaut (1960 posts) - - Show Bio

@CATPANEXE: I met movie on the theathers TMNT. As transformers series I was talking about Transformers Animated the series with Sari Sumdac. I am sorry for the confusion and your right the series was under production before the movie. Transformers Prime has mixed results but your right it is far greater job than the movies.

Thinking about they already been aliens when they were teleported to another planet therefore that was counted as well. I know you guys are searching for a quotable video answer to it for your feelings bays work may as well guess this is the example

#43 Posted by CATPANEXE (9368 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hazlenaut: That was the CGI Turtles yes. It met with confused reviews because the reviewers didn't understand it was an actual episode of the Fox series, nor had done the research, and presumed it to be a reboot of the live action movie, again not doing the research there either. It did however do well as all Turtles franchise entities do, making their opinions moot. The TF animated series likewise was the product of Hasbro, and would or would not be with Bay, whom did not produce that series anyways. TFPrime is high rated and applauded, so these individual nitpicks really mean nothing. Again, Bay has no hand in that either. I think your sources are faulty. Bay should have nothing to do with the Turtles movie. He might given how high grossing the TF movies have been. I wish the understanding would be made though that it's the Transformers franchise that grosses high, not the fact that Bay is connected to the movie projects. He really doesn't deserve to be credited with anything. Well, except maybe pot brownies?

#44 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

A lot of adjectives Teenage Mutant Alien Ninja.

#45 Posted by Mercy_ (92767 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87 said:

Epic win

#46 Posted by tensor (4513 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rowen545: no, but i would like to see it in a more dark and different way

#47 Posted by danhimself (22586 posts) - - Show Bio

@CATPANEXE:

I hate to break it to you but the TMNT animated movie was supposed to be a sequel to the live action movies...thus the Time Scepter at the end of the movie on their "trophy shelf"

#48 Posted by CATPANEXE (9368 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself: It still ran in linear fashion with the Fox animated series, rather than being a stand alone story. The characters involved and status of their stories lined up directly with the series at the time (Karai for example). The hat tips to other films didn't really remove it from that.

#49 Posted by danhimself (22586 posts) - - Show Bio

@CATPANEXE: they weren't just hat tips dude...the people behind the film acknowledge it as a sequel to the live action movies...it was even boxed with the other 3 films as a collectors set

#50 Edited by CATPANEXE (9368 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself: I can't run with that sorry. It was the continuation of the 90's live action films and franchise years lost vs a continuation/new direction of the Fox franchise it ran in tangent with in Y2k. I have to stand by the latter.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.