Have You Ever Wanted To Be A Ninja Turtle?

Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

Have you ever ran around your living room dressed up as a Ninja Turtle with cape and a mask? Did you ever dream as a kid that you wanted to be Donatello or Michealangelo? Well I haven't, but if you have then you can bet that it's your lucky day!
If you are in the Los Angeles and have a vast background in martial arts, then you might have a chance at playing one of these awesome turtles in the live-action film version! All interested must be over the age of 14, and have a prepared 30 second martial arts demo tape. Weapons and sharp objects are not allowed. The casting call will be held on July 18th at Mirage Studios, with the intention of celebrating the 25 year anniversary of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. So, do we have any martial arts experts living remotely near Los Angeles who are interested in trying out?
#1 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14425 posts) - - Show Bio

i would love to if only i was rocking some ninja skills dam

#2 Posted by TelekineticSun (334 posts) - - Show Bio

Of course I ran around pretending I was Michealangelo, I put a back pack on to simulate a shell and had an arsenal of little plastic ninja weapons, but I have no experience in martial arts.

#3 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14425 posts) - - Show Bio

lol i went for donatello myself i had my own costume my mum made me and everything lol

#4 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

OF COURSE I HAVE!

Back in elementary school me and my three friends played TMNT all the time during recess, I was Raphael, woo!

#5 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL this is hilarious stuff

#6 Posted by Bruce Vain (1869 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol I remember when I was like 6 or 7 my mother made this awesome Leonardo costume for me.

But I would like to try out for Casey Jones if they're having openings for that.

#7 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14425 posts) - - Show Bio

rapheal , donatello and Michealangelo lol all we need now is leonardo and we have a team to audition with lol

#8 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14425 posts) - - Show Bio

scrath last comment bruce vain in we have a team lol babs as april and where away

#9 Posted by Bruce Vain (1869 posts) - - Show Bio
@lazystudent said:
"scrath last comment bruce vain in we have a team lol babs as april and where away "

Hell Yeah!! lol
#10 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio
@Babs said:
"

Have you ever ran around your living room dressed up as a Ninja Turtle with cape and a mask? Did you ever dream as a kid that you wanted to be Donatello or Michealangelo? Well I haven't, but if you have then you can bet that it's your lucky day! If you are in the Los Angeles and have a vast background in martial arts, then you might have a chance at playing one of these awesome turtles in the live-action film version! All interested must be over the age of 14, and have a prepared 30 second martial arts demo tape. Weapons and sharp objects are not allowed. The casting call will be held on July 18th at Mirage Studios, with the intention of celebrating the 25 year anniversary of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. So, do we have any martial arts experts living remotely near Los Angeles who are interested in trying out? "
Id do it.
#11 Posted by THALASTDRAGON (387 posts) - - Show Bio

id do it, and try for leonardo

#12 Posted by Archetype (731 posts) - - Show Bio

Of course if I lived near there or had any actual martial arts talent I would gladly try out.My brother and I were ninja turtles one Halloween cheap costumes and all I think I still have pictures somewhere.

Michelangelo is TOTALLY RADICAL DUDE! COWABUNGA! |:| )

#13 Edited by danhimself (22460 posts) - - Show Bio

uhmmm Babs, the Ninja Turtles don't wear capes....duh

I pretend to be a Ninja Turtle now 
the casting call i read earlier today was for Foot Ninjas not the actual Turtles

#14 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio
@Archetype said:
"Of course if I lived near there or had any actual martial arts talent I would gladly try out.My brother and I were ninja turtles one Halloween cheap costumes and all I think I still have pictures somewhere.Michelangelo is TOTALLY RADICAL DUDE! COWABUNGA! |:| )"

"EH DUDES WHERE U GOIN?!" " WELL IT WAS  A SHELL OF A GOOD HIT *BLATTT*!"
#15 Posted by Adam Michaels (435 posts) - - Show Bio

I was one of those who imagined himself as a Turtle. Raphael was always my favorite. I even had the whole dance sequence from "TMNT II: Secret of the Ooze" where they dance to Vanilla Ice's song. I would take a scarf and wrap it around my head as a bandana. I would also take a pillow and a Nintendo remote control and tie it around my waist to form a shell. I would do that Star Trek symbol to form my 3 fingers and reenact the entire movie. I was obssessed with the Turtles as a kid.

But I do wish they continued with the Imagi animated films. That is the perfect world for the Turtles in my opinion, the 3D animated world. But that's just my opinion.

#16 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18848 posts) - - Show Bio

OMG!!!!!

to bad i don't live there...

#17 Posted by Media_Master (2189 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder who will make the cut...

#18 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio

i'd try for shredder

#19 Posted by Bergquist (695 posts) - - Show Bio

i lve in Chicago can i stiil send in a tape

#20 Posted by King Quisling (1980 posts) - - Show Bio

Man.... I'd wanna play a sorta reinvisionment of that pizza boy from the second movie. :)

#21 Posted by RedK (2521 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Quisling:  Keano that guy was seriously lame they should of used casey for that film
#22 Posted by santeria_smith (304 posts) - - Show Bio

Are you kidding me? I even contemplating on finding out where they keep the costumes of the turtles on the original movie and stealing them and dressing up as them and running around being a turtle......ahem......yea i was a HUGE turtle fan

#23 Posted by Mars_19 (21 posts) - - Show Bio

they should at least try to get ray park or something. I'm sure he has some buddies who could fill the other slots lol.

#24 Posted by Obsurity (263 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd think my inner child would love to try out. There's a video of my maybe 6th bday running around in a leonardo custume screaming the theme song... Teenage mutant ninja turtles.... turtle power....

#25 Posted by skprgb (98 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol when i was little i was obsessed with the TMNT. i used to eat only stuff that was green hoping it would change me into a turtle so veggies and lime kool aid were my thing lol. also was one a turtle for halloween one year gotta dig up the pic maybe ill post it :-) maybe....

#26 Posted by Bruce Vain (1869 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedK:
Yea it bummed me out when Casey wasn't in part II
#27 Edited by Scorpio91 (11 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been wanting to learn martial arts for So long!      But I've never got around to it.      
  If I had the training I would..... Man that would be awesome to play Raphael! He's my favorite!
            Me and my older brother used to play around and act like we were Ninja turtles. My brother likes Leonardo and I like Raphael..
It would be amazing to have two real brothers being brothers in the movie! Especially as Leonardo and Raph..

Also our personalties would be a pretty good match. Sometimes I'm a little negative and tend to get jelous easily(sort of a loner like) And my brother is older and more of a leader and presses on! I wish i could play as Raphael..

#28 Posted by TelekineticSun (334 posts) - - Show Bio
@Adam Michaels:
LOL, I'd use my thumb, index, and middle finger to form only 3 fingers and make myself more turtle like.
#29 Posted by MoonKnightFan123 (271 posts) - - Show Bio

WOWWWOWOWO AWESOME

#30 Posted by Draugr Daemon (129 posts) - - Show Bio
dam my non expertise of playing a turtle

#31 Posted by DEGRAAF (7875 posts) - - Show Bio

ill admit it i was Leonardo for like 2 or 3 years for halloween. They were my favorite cartoon when i was little and he was my favorite character.

They are making another live action Turtles movie? i liked the first one, the second wasnt bad but i think i liked the 3rd better.

The fourth one they made with their sister venus was terrible and cheesy/corny. I like the concept of her but they needed to put more thought in to her before putting her on the screen. i like it better with just the four anyways

#32 Edited by King Quisling (1980 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedK: Lmao but he was so goofy and had those badass martial arts skills. And remember when they like wrapped him up and shoved him into a trash can?! CLASSIC! :D
#33 Posted by #1ElderScrollsFan (1991 posts) - - Show Bio

I always wanted to be a Battletoad!!!

#34 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (27103 posts) - - Show Bio

oh god please hide this from Arrow....

#35 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio
@.Mistress Redhead. said:
" oh god please hide this from Arrow.... "
lmao!
#36 Edited by MysteriousBlack (204 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm a Tae Kwon Do guy, not a Ninjutsu-Ninja, but considering they do want faster movements I would apply. Except I don't wanna be a Ninja Turtle... Casey or Shredder would be cool.

#37 Posted by EganTheVile1 (6198 posts) - - Show Bio

I wanted to Mike when I was 6, and Slash when I was 8

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.