Favorite TMNT movie

#1 Posted by EganTheVile1 (6191 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd have to say for me it was the original live action movie, definately the best written of the TMNT movies anyway

#2 Posted by EganTheVile1 (6191 posts) - - Show Bio

aztek the lost says:

"I think it was Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II for me..."
Tokka and Rahzar were awesome
#3 Posted by Alexander Anderson (4030 posts) - - Show Bio

The original is still the best. Turtles II was okay, but falls squarely into the 'so bad it's good' category for me. Turtles III was just crap, and most of what I've heard about TMNT didn't sound too promising.

#4 Posted by EganTheVile1 (6191 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldnt call TMNT II bad at all, surprised they didnt have Bebop and Rocksteady in it, though I did like Tokka and Rahzar, and maybe Vanilla Ice's cameo was a bit... unnecessary,but I'd say it was all in all good. Krang should have been in III rather then the time travel scenario, and I havent seen the animated movie yet... But I'm sticking with the original as my fav, so agreed

#5 Posted by Agustin (27 posts) - - Show Bio

The gameplan for the Live Action movies is that it would follow the storyline of the original black and white Mirage comics while borrowing elements from cartoon like the surfer slang and an obsession with pizza but mainly kept in check. For various reasons the suits wanted the sequel to follow the cartoon more including adding Bebop and Rocksteady. Eastman and Laird both disagreed with this, they created the characters for specificaly for the cartoon and toyline the felt that the they were and as bufoons and used what little creative leverage they had to keep them out. So two new mutants were created to take their place. After many rewrites, the film become more comedy based and Tokka and Rahzar turned out just as dumb as Bebop and Rocksteady.

Secret of the Ooze did use elements from the comic such as the TCRI (renamed TGRI) part of the story. It was going to be revealed that Professor Perry was an Utrom but it written out for fear that kids would jump to the conclusion that he was Krang, another character that would never be in a film.

The third film was based on a comic storyline "Masks". I kinda feel that it was a bad choice to adapt as the comic storyline used a time travelling villain which the turtles had faced many times before, the movie had to give them a contrived rescue plot to get them back to feudal Japan. The biggest hit though is that Henson wouldn't do the costumes due not wanting to ascociated with TMNT. I do think the film gets judged harshly but I guess fans wanted more along the lines of the mainstream version with Shredder etc.

The 2007 film is pastiche of all the different TMNT universes taking inspiration from both of the cartoons, the original comics and even the Archie version. I was a bit disapointed as the first season of the new cartoon proved you could adapt the comics for kid audience without losing too much but there's a lot there to like if you're a fan of TMNT in general. The characters are spot on and the Leo and Raph fight is a definite highlight of all the films. Even if you're bothered by no Shredder he's mentioned and alluded to being in a sequel. Probably the second best film of the series.

Mirage and Imagi arn't seeing eye to eye on a sequel direction though. The rumours are that they go elsewhere and it may be a complete retooling from the beginning, possibly a live action with cgi turtles.

#6 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio

none of them were that appealing to me, to be honest

#7 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

The first is still better than half of the comic movies that have come out in the last ten years.

"COWA-BUNGA!"

#8 Posted by EganTheVile1 (6191 posts) - - Show Bio
Sparda said:
"The first is still better than half of the comic movies that have come out in the last ten years.

"COWA-BUNGA!"
"
I remember the first TMNT movie and watching it as a kid in the theatre. It was so insanely cool, and as a bonus Casey Jones said the "S word" which made every kid in the theatre feel like they were watching the coolest movie ever. TMNT 2 marked a great moment in my life too though, I won the movie choice over my big sister for the first time, who wanted to see White Men Can't Jump

But even with that fond memory attached to TMNT 2 (and the BA mutant villains in 2) the first still is my more nostalgic memory
#9 Posted by Bio Guyver (6842 posts) - - Show Bio

First film.

#10 Posted by zero edge (3692 posts) - - Show Bio

The first 1990s one is awesome

#11 Posted by zebari (515 posts) - - Show Bio

the first film KICKS ASS the other 2 are okay but the 1st is THE BEST!!!!

#12 Posted by King Saturn (223745 posts) - - Show Bio
 1. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles  (1990)

2. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 - Secrect Of The Ooze  (1992)

3. TMNT  (2006)
#13 Posted by lady_redhead (9592 posts) - - Show Bio

The original live action is still the BOMB

#14 Posted by EganTheVile1 (6191 posts) - - Show Bio
Sparda said:
The first is still better than half of the comic movies that have come out in the last ten years."COWA-BUNGA!" [more]

I'll run down the list LOL:
Batman Forever
Batman & Robin
Catwoman
Constantine
Daredevil
Elektra
Ghost Rider
Blade II
Hellboy II (sorry it was dull to me)
Fantastic Four
Fantastic Four 2
Spider-Man 3
X-Men 3
Hulk
The Incredible Hulk
Superman Returns

Need I go on?

I Know it won't happen but I'd like to see a classic ultra violent TMNT film, a man can dream I guess, but a lot of people want to see Slash, Leatherhead, or Rat King in the new movie, if any of them are in it I'm happy
#15 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio
EganTheVile1 said:
Sparda said: The first is still better than half of the comic movies that have come out in the last ... [more]
Aside from X3, both of the Hulk movies, and Hellboy 2, yeah, I agree with you, haha.
#16 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

The first film by far, but they all hold a special place for me.

#17 Posted by cly (15458 posts) - - Show Bio

The first film, complete ownage. :D

#18 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

I only saw the live action ones.

I liked the second one best.  The third one was just terrible.

#19 Posted by gunswordfist (2669 posts) - - Show Bio
EganTheVile1 said:
I'd have to say for me it was the original live action movie, definately the best written of the TMNT ... [more]
It's hard to say. I LOVED the CG movie and the first 2. I think I'll say it's a 3 way tie.
#20 Posted by inferiorego (21112 posts) - - Show Bio

#2: Vanilla Ice rap makes it awesome

Staff
#21 Posted by Kurrent (14061 posts) - - Show Bio

The Secret of the Ooze was great....

"You take the ugly one, no you take the ugly,  which one's the ugly one"

Come on dudes it doesn't get any better then that.

#22 Posted by EganTheVile1 (6191 posts) - - Show Bio
Kurrent said:
The Secret of the Ooze was great...."You take the ugly one, no you take the ugly,  which one's the ugly ... [more]

LOL, Tokka and Rahzar were great mutants, wish they had more then 2 comic book appearances, would have liked seeing more of them (they only appeared in the Mirage and Archie Secret of the Ooze adaptations) I'd like to see Slash and Leatherhead in the next one
#23 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio

the first, it was really close to the original story, with minor changes. also had hat-tips like featuring the original art.
the message was great, one that should be thrown out there more often. Hensons work was awesome. martial
artists committing to high level stunts and  choreography  while on skateboards even that couldnt even see out of 
their radio controlled heads and were giving their directions and what they were seeing by radio. fantastic. and
what fight scenes they were! honorable mention next to Secret Of The Ooze, Hensons very last work. points lost
on Vanilla Ice however, and the martial arts and action werent as big. Turtles 3 was garbage. no NY, no pizza,
no Cowabunga, bare to none fighting. just made to stretch the franchise, and the movie that put it to sleep
all the way untill the CGI. props to that as well, for being a rich interesting story, as well a direct extension of the FOX series.

#24 Posted by Aronmorales (9434 posts) - - Show Bio

The first was the best of the worst.

#25 Posted by King Saturn (223745 posts) - - Show Bio
@eganthevile1 said:
"
Kurrent said:
The Secret of the Ooze was great...."You take the ugly one, no you take the ugly,  which one's the ugly ... [more]
LOL, Tokka and Rahzar were great mutants, wish they had more then 2 comic book appearances, would have liked seeing more of them (they only appeared in the Mirage and Archie Secret of the Ooze adaptations) I'd like to see Slash and Leatherhead in the next one "
Slash and Leatherhead would have been pretty cool...
#26 Edited by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:

" @eganthevile1 said:

" Kurrent said:

LOL, Tokka and Rahzar were great mutants, wish they had more then 2 comic book appearances, would have liked seeing more of them (they only appeared in the Mirage and Archie Secret of the Ooze adaptations) I'd like to see Slash and Leatherhead in the next one "
Slash and Leatherhead would have been pretty cool... "
everyone was praying for Bebop and Rocksteady, you now it!

#27 Posted by King Saturn (223745 posts) - - Show Bio
Bebop and Rocksteady were Awesome Too...
#28 Posted by Violet-Eyed Dragon (2271 posts) - - Show Bio

TMNT 

#29 Posted by dementedtheclown (747 posts) - - Show Bio

1) Tmnt / Turles Forever / 1st Movie
2) 2nd Movie
3) 3rd Movie

#30 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

First one

#31 Posted by Mutant X (1543 posts) - - Show Bio

Turtles Forever is definitely my favorite. The first live action is a close second though.

#32 Posted by slap_nuts (99 posts) - - Show Bio

The first and second one TMNT was lame I want to see a more hardcore turtles movie.
#33 Posted by Bio Guyver (6842 posts) - - Show Bio

My problem with the movies for me, is that Raphael usually is the central focus in all the movies.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.