Best Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Game from the 80s-90s? You decide.

#1 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by SUNMAN (7256 posts) - - Show Bio

the arcade game.

#3 Posted by Kurrent (14070 posts) - - Show Bio

Turtles in time was the ish

#4 Posted by Blind Justice (4 posts) - - Show Bio

Hyperstone Heist and Turtles and Time were the best.Hyperstone Heist was my WOW back in the day.Almost died forgetting to eat playing that game.

#5 Edited by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

To clear some things up, there are some differences between the SNES version and the ARC version of Turtles in Time.

-The 1st Technodrome stage (plus the 1st Shedder boss) in the SNES version isn't in the ARC version.
-Slash is the boss of Prehistoric Turtlesaurus in the SNES version. In the ARC version, Cement Man is the boss of that stage. Thus, Slash isn't in the ARC version.
-Tokka and Razhar are the 1st bosses of the 1st Technodrome stage. In the ARC version, they are the bosses of the Skull and Crossbones stage. As a result, Bebop and Rocksteady wern't in the ARC version.
-The bosses in the ARC version had different attack patterns.
-The controls are smoother in the ARC version and are somewhat randomized, despite the fixed commands for certain moves. The SNES version had commands/attacks that weren't as random as the ARC version.
-Rat King wasn't in the ARC version, and instead, several Pizza Monsters were at the end of the Sewer Surfing stage. In SNES version, the Sewer Surfing stage was a bonus stage.
-The sound effects in the SNES version were different from the ARC version.
-The ARC version had cheesy voice overs. In the SNES version, voice overs were substituted for subtitles because the SNES couldn't support voice overs.
-The music in the ARC version had the melody as the SNES version, but the music from the latter had more bass and it sounded better than the arcade version.
-Overall, the ARC version was a bit more challenging than the SNES version.

#6 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

Turtles in time was the best easily!

#7 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
geraldthesloth said:
Turtles in time was the best easily!
I agree.
#8 Edited by Psychotime (623 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm stuck between Turtles in Time and Tournament Fighters (SNES). Both are excellent.

#9 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved  the Turtles in Time!

#10 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

Turtles in Time

#11 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

Turtles in Time, the arcade version, I think. Though the SNES one is amazing too.

#12 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like the decision is unanimous.

#13 Posted by King Saturn (224462 posts) - - Show Bio
Turtles In Time was No Fu#king Joke Man
#14 Posted by EganTheVile1 (6206 posts) - - Show Bio

Both Turtles 2 and Turtles in Time ate up my quarters in the arcade, and hours of my life on the NES and SNES, great games! wish the new TMNT games were even close to these!

#15 Posted by Slinger (7640 posts) - - Show Bio
Blind Justice said:
Hyperstone Heist and Turtles and Time were the best.Hyperstone Heist was my WOW back in the day.Almost died forgetting to ... [more]
I used to be able to beat Hyperstone Heist on the hardest difficulty without losing a life. I recently tried it again on my PSP, and was very disappointed with how awful I was.

I had to vote for TMNT 2 though, that game was outstanding.
#16 Posted by Red_Jack (285 posts) - - Show Bio

With improved graphics and better knowledge of gaming engines, a TMNT co-op beat em up style game could sell like hotcakes nowadays. If you look at every game, they were never all that good. Greater depth can e put into the characters fighting styles, fighting moves, combination, strengths and weaknesses. A new game on PS3 or X-box could be a great seller if anyone really wanted to capitalise on it. If TMNT worked for kids in the 80s and 90s, they could work even better today.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.