Aside obvious supporting character(Splinter, CJ, April, Shredder) Who would you like to see in the live action TMNT in 2011?

#1 Posted by EganTheVile1 (6194 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84543 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont remember his name, but he's an evil turtle who had some Wolverine type claws and his face was jacked up. That dude was serious.

#3 Posted by Graft (1812 posts) - - Show Bio
Leatherhead
#4 Posted by Slinger (7640 posts) - - Show Bio

Slash would be the sickness. Palm tree and all.

#5 Posted by EganTheVile1 (6194 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
I dont remember his name, but he's an evil turtle who had some Wolverine type claws and his face was ... [more]

That would be Slash
#6 Posted by vaaje-aina (20 posts) - - Show Bio

rat king

#7 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84543 posts) - - Show Bio
EganTheVile1 said:
Gambler said: I dont remember his name, but he's an evil turtle who had some Wolverine type claws and his ... [more]
Damn I voted for the wrong Turtle then. Eye twitches as he glares at Drifter
#8 Edited by Slinger (7640 posts) - - Show Bio

I say give the Mutanimals their own movie, At least a cartoon, I'm sure they could carry one.

#9 Posted by EganTheVile1 (6194 posts) - - Show Bio
vaaje-aina said:
rat king

crud forgot him, Armaggon and Verminator-X too....
#10 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84543 posts) - - Show Bio
vaaje-aina said:
rat king
hahaha he was cool
#11 Posted by EganTheVile1 (6194 posts) - - Show Bio
Slinger said:
I say give the Mutanimals their own movie, At least a cartoon, I'm sure they could carry one.
I still can't believe the Mutanimals were killed! I was pretty young when the issue where Megadeath gunned them down came out, and I still havent gotten over seeing Mondo Gecko, Ray Fillet, Leatherhead, Dreadmon, Jagwar, Wingnut & Screwloose as bullet ridden corpses dripping blood all over the floor, God Damn all cyborg killing machines! Wait a tic, LOL
#12 Posted by Agustin (27 posts) - - Show Bio

You do realise that storywise the movie is going to be based on the Mirage comics so characters created for the 80's cartoon, toyline and Archie colour comic have zero chance of being in the movie. I don't see the point of pining for something that's never going to happen.

If we get a sequel to the 2011 film comes about and is about the TCRI stuff then I would love to see Leatherhead. I could see Karai playing a small role in the movie as well as Hun.

#13 Posted by Mutant X (1543 posts) - - Show Bio

I would love to see Rocksteady and Bebop in a TMNT movie.

#14 Edited by EganTheVile1 (6194 posts) - - Show Bio
Agustin said:
You do realise that storywise the movie is going to be based on the Mirage comics so characters created for ... [more]
Fans can dream, and perhaps send a message. Hey a lot of people want to see Slash in the movie, maybe that will come into consideration in the future, writers dont know what we want to see unless we tell them
#15 Posted by Agustin (27 posts) - - Show Bio
EganTheVile1 said:
Agustin said: You do realise that storywise the movie is going to be based on the Mirage comics so characters ... [more]
I don't want to ruin anyones fun but I also don't want people to end up disapointed thinking they're going to get these characters when there's no chance of it. It'll never happen as long as the co-creator, owner and guy working on the approvals end of all things tmnt thinks those characters are symbolic of things that should be avoided.

Over the years Laird has faced quite a bit of pressure to at least use Bebop, Rocksteady and Krang in new turtles stuff but he's never budged. Even back in the day both he and Kevin used what little creative leverage they had to keep them out of the old movies.

This is what he's recently said it again on his own blog....

"Mirage owns the rights to Bebop and Rocksteady, and could -- if I gave my approval -- use them in any fashion we desired. I choose not to do that. I saw enough of Bebop and Rocksteady in the old show to last me a lifetime.

That being said, there is a little bit of "wiggle room" here. And I can't go any further than that right now."

Of course he's hinting at an appearance in the upcoming dtv project which has the new toon turtles meeting their old cartoon counterparts and the possibility that they and some other classic mainstream characters may be in the Smash Up game for the Wii. As well as their one panel cameo along with the Mutanimals in a recent issue of Tales of the TMNT which has the turtles seeing various different universe versions of themselves.

That's the most we'll get with these characters, small cameos and homages. I'm not even sure if they should be in there, the point of oversaturation of mutants and goofy elements is a valid one. Not to mention the best arument for aiming this film at an older audience is that as well as older fans the kids who grew up with new cartoon are now 13-15 and probably looking for somethng like the cartoon only more mature, the latter group arn't goingt to know or care who Mondo Gecko is or why the turtles are obsessed with Pizza and surfer slang.

It'd be like putting King Tut in the next Batman movie or the Wonder Twins in a Justice League film. Hell theres more of a chance of that actualy happening then seeing Wingnut & Screwloose.

#16 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

I wanted to vote for the Samurai rabbit. (spelling?) Yosagi Yojimbo 

#17 Posted by King Saturn (223822 posts) - - Show Bio
Bebop and Rocksteady easy...
#18 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

ummmmmmm.... april

#19 Posted by EganTheVile1 (6194 posts) - - Show Bio
Andferne said:
I wanted to vote for the Samurai rabbit. (spelling?) Yosagi Yojimbo 

Usagi Yojimbo? Technically not a TMNT character, though his action figure and animated appearances happened in TMNT

@Agustin
No one thinks this is official LOL, just a fan poll

#20 Posted by Agustin (27 posts) - - Show Bio
@eganthevile1 said:

No one thinks this is official LOL, just a fan poll

Oh I know but I'm seeing this on the net a lot and I feel that even though it's all just chat amogst fans a lot of people actualy expect these characters to be in it when there's zero chance of that happening.

That being said that excitement could be shifted towards Turtles Forever which has the old toon version of the turtles meeting new toon counterparts and the original Mirage versions which features all of the OT regular cast from Krang to Bebop, Rocksteady and several cameos from other universes.
#21 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

I chose Rocksteady and Bebop because I remember them from the Nintendo game

#22 Posted by santeria_smith (304 posts) - - Show Bio

i want to see what i was hoping to see in TMNT3 (which never happened.. i wont believe it!!!! O_O...) i want to see krang. just imagine it. krang gets his body and grows super huge and tall and the turtles fight him. like on one of the first episodes of the original cartoon.

but no. tmnt3 brought us.....an asian guy and english guy who likes birds?....man.

with that said. i strongly suggest someone to watch angry video game nerds review of that movie. fuckin hilarious.

#23 Posted by EganTheVile1 (6194 posts) - - Show Bio
@Slinger said:
"I say give the Mutanimals their own movie, At least a cartoon, I'm sure they could carry one."

Let's see, Mondo Gecko. Man Ray, Leatherhead, Jagwar, Dreadmon, Wingnut, Screwlooses, and Slash, yeah that animated series would rock!
#24 Posted by EganTheVile1 (6194 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder why Lairid sees Krang, Rocksteady and Bebop as horrible characters the fans love them after all, guess we the people who buy the comics and watch the show are wrong about Slash, Rat-King, Jagwar, Mondo, Wingnut, Screwloose, Ninjara, Maligna, and Null too

#25 Posted by Agustin (27 posts) - - Show Bio
@eganthevile1 said:
" Wonder why Lairid sees Krang, Rocksteady and Bebop as horrible characters the fans love them after all, guess we the people who buy the comics and watch the show are wrong about Slash, Rat-King, Jagwar, Mondo, Wingnut, Screwloose, Ninjara, Maligna, and Null too "
Well Rat King is a Mirage character so he'd be okay to include...

As for the rest of the characters you mentions he doesn't see them as awful characters. He was the one who created Bebop, Rocksteady and Krang specificaly for the original toyline and cartoon. He did several covers for the old archie book and designed Armaggon.

With a lot of these characters he and Eastman didn't like how quickly they went from being badass in the first season to being goofy and reduced to comic relief in the following seasons. He claims not to hate or even dislike the old toon but thinks it's best left in the past.

Another issue he has with these characters is the oversaturation of mutants in the old toon and that having a new mutant every week  makes the turtles less special. Look in comparison in the new toon how it's just the turtles, Splinter and Leatherhead. Any other mutant is sparce and mostly either dies like the mermen in "Sons of the Silent Age" or demutated like diggers from "Notes from the Underground"

He does have a point. How can you create a serious movie based on his original comics and include goofy characters that were made specificaly for a kids cartoon and it's not like these characters would work in a Mirage-esque setting anyway. Like I said before it'd be like including the Wonder Twins in Justice League movie or having Christian Bale do the Batusi.

It's not like the characters are completely forgotton anyway. You have Mirage publishing the Forever War in December which was Archie's final storyline that never got made. You saw a cameo of the Archie turtles Bebop, Rocksteady and Krang in a recent issue of Tales which a montage of the different universes. You have the Techodrome and the possibility of ot characters in the Smash Up video game....

and you have Turtles Forever DTV movie which suprisingly features OT characters heavily and according to people who saw the screening in San Diego features the OT Turtles, Shredder Krang Bebop, Rocksteady, Tokka and Rahzar as well as yet another montage of various turtle universes.

#26 Posted by Joe Venom (1275 posts) - - Show Bio
Other: Usagi Yojimbo

I remember one episode from the classic show he made an appearance he was pretty bad ass I always wished he would show up again but he never did :(
#27 Posted by Incredible Hulk-Prime (1466 posts) - - Show Bio

Karai and Hun.
#28 Posted by Phorqe (2109 posts) - - Show Bio
@Agustin: 

I see what you're saying, though when I saw the last TMNT(also a kids movie), i felt a little bit disappointed that there was no appearance of anyone from the old show other than the main characters. They did really flood the market with animal/mutant villains. Despite that, I feel that Bebop, Rocksteady, Krang, the Rat King and Leatherhead could all be put into a film and made bad ass.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.