Follow

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Team » Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles appears in 1200 issues.

After four baby turtles were mutated by toxic goo called mutagen they were trained in the art of ninjutsu by fellow mutant Master Splinter. The Turtles different fighting styles and personalities build off one another making them a formidable team of ninja warrior superheroes.

Alien Turtles: How Does This Change The Film

• 50 results
    k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Copy/pasted from my blog:

TMNT are aliens... Now what?

TMNT fans around the interwebs were (for the most part) thrilled to hear a live-action reboot would hit the big screen Christmas 2013. But, one thing had them concerned: Michael Bay. The man behind Transformers is producing the project, and unfortunately, Stuff We Like reported that the man who loves nothing more than a good explosion had this to say about the fourth TMNT flick
    These turtles are form an alien race, and they’re going to be tough, edgy, funny and completely loveable.

Yup, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles won't be mutants... or technically even turtles. They're going to be from an alien race. Space turtles, if you will. I'll give you a few moments to smash something. All set? Okay. I think there's no question we can all agree that this is an entirely unnecessary change. Mutation from a radioactive material is hardly something fans can't swallow (Hulk, Godzilla, Spider-Man, etc), so it's almost impossible to understand why this decision was made. However, there's really nothing we can do about it, and, let's face it, odds are a good deal of us are going to check this out opening night. So, let's try to avoid getting an aneurysm over this one statement (at least wait for some footage) and try to see how this development could impact the turtle's new movie world... or in this case, galaxy. Let's speculate.

Splinter:
    If the Ninja "Turtles" are travelers from the stars, then what does that make Splinter? Do they come from a planet where there just happens to be various humanoid animals and a rat-looking fellow is their leader/master, or will he be completely omitted from the new movie? I don't see much need for a master if they're already established "space ninjas" who happened to crash land on Earth. Maybe they'll pull a Jarvis and turn Splinter into their AI on their spaceship, which I can only hope looks just like the cartoon van they used back in the 90s. Hey, Spaceballs pulled it off!
    Krang:
    Like I said on my TMNT Reboot Movie Wishlist over at UGO.com, the latest IDW version of Krang would be an excellent character to introduce. And, now that we're apparently establishing right off the bat that cosmic jabber is the norm in this series, it's the perfect point to have Krang as the man villain. Perhaps the "Turtles" were trying to flee Krang when their ship was damaged and crashed onto Earth. Or, maybe Krang just has his sights set on Earth and the turtles show up to stop his invasion. I can't help but wonder, though... if they're advanced aliens, why would they stick to extremely basic melee weapons such as swords and bo staffs? Wouldn't they have some epic energy based weapons if they can travel the cosmos? Damn it, okay, maybe this whole alien origin thing is annoying me more than I thought it would. And with Bay involved, expect a slow-motion explosive ninja star or two. That said, as much as I mock the man, I won't deny the fact that I love shutting off my brain and watching Transformers.
    Baxter Stockman:
    This is a fairly easy one to include. Super smart human who becomes obsessed with these new aliens and wants to experiment on them and/or learn from them. Odds are if he is included, he'll be a pawn to Krang. Kind of like Green Lantern's Hector Hammond and Parallax, but hopefully not as boring. Odds are Bebop and Rocksteady could be his guns for hire who undergo some experiments or happen to be part of Krang's army. Just leave those Bebop's horribly dated purple glasses out of it. Please. Also, I pray that the potential mousers won't be as obnoxious as the smaller transformers.
    Shredder:
    If they're going to reboot the TMNT universe (with some..."drastic"... changes), then they better at least give us Shredder. It would be so simple. He's the leader of the Foot on Earth and Krang seeks his aid when invading the planet. Or, Shredder is... *gasp* also an alien and already serving as Krang's general and will lead the invasion. Continuity is clearly out the window at this point, so just please us by delivering a badass Shredder. And by badass, I definitely don't mean that goofy "Super Shredder." This isn't too much to ask, is it?
    I know it's difficult to overcome the fanrage when you see such a (seemingly) pointless change to something you love, but let's try to speculate on what we're now dealing with. What would you want to see taken from the franchise and how would you want to see it implemented in this new universe?

***If this is considered spam, I point my finger at ReVamp!***
    ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By ReVamp

Shut up and take all the compliments.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@ReVamp: Don't try to clear your name. If this is spam i'm dragging you down with me!

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ReVamp

@k4tzm4n: How the hell would this even be spam? I don't even...

No Caption Provided
    k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@ReVamp: DON'T SPAM.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ReVamp

@k4tzm4n said:

...You see people that are difficult to comprehend?

You have Weirdos who are difficult to understand. Then you get Geniuses. Then you get Einstein people. Then you get freackin' Women. Then you get K4tz. Congrats bro.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7  Edited By InnerVenom123

@k4tzm4n said:

Flagged for spam.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ReVamp

@InnerVenom123 said:

@k4tzm4n said:

Flagged for spam.

SEE? Stupid spammer.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By InnerVenom123

@ReVamp said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@k4tzm4n said:

Flagged for spam.

SEE? Stupid spammer.

Flagged for terrorism.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By cattlebattle

I think I'm too old to be giving this much of a crap about TMNT

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ReVamp

@InnerVenom123 said:

@ReVamp said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@k4tzm4n said:

Flagged for spam.

SEE? Stupid spammer.

Flagged for terrorism.

Blowing up terrorists is generally called being a hero. Its all gotta do with perspective.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By InnerVenom123

@cattlebattle said:

Said the one with a Teen Titans cartoon icon.

@ReVamp said:

Blowing up terrorists is generally called being a hero. Its all gotta do with perspective.

Touche.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By cattlebattle
    @InnerVenom123 said:

@cattlebattle said:

Inner conflict.......
    ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ReVamp

@cattlebattle said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@cattlebattle said:

Inner conflict.......

LOL.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

I'm not seeing this film.The 2000's need to say the hell away from my childhood.Sick of the damn reboots and revamps.They're never good.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@InnerVenom123 said:

@ReVamp said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@k4tzm4n said:

Flagged for spam.

SEE? Stupid spammer.

Flagged for terrorism.

LOL!

@Vance Astro said:

I'm not seeing this film.The 2000's need to say the hell away from my childhood.Sick of the damn reboots and revamps.They're never good.

Did you see the CGI movie? I honestly really enjoyed it!

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ReVamp

...He's sick of the Revamps :(

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@ReVamp:

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#19  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @k4tzm4n said:

@Vance Astro said:

Loved the Story...hated the CG.Would have liked it better if was just 2D.
    ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ReVamp

@Vance Astro said:

@k4tzm4n said:

@Vance Astro said:

I abso-fcking-lutely hate CGI. It needs to be fcking eradicated, I don't know how anyone likes that sht.

@k4tzm4n: STOP SPOILING TGoT for me. I hate you people >.<

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@ReVamp: You're just lucky I didn't use the .gif of the dragons destroying the wall...

(I haven't read the books, but if that's an actual spoiler...then apologies for the pre-cog)

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ReVamp

@k4tzm4n said:

@ReVamp: You're just lucky I didn't use the .gif of the dragons destroying the wall...

(I haven't read the books, but if that's an actual spoiler...then apologies for the pre-cog)

LOL. The Edit saved you.

My original Post:

...There are Dragons? K4TZ!!!!!!!!

(I'm currently about 1/4th of the way into the first book. Technically the Dragons had appeared in the days of old, but I didn't know they'd be appearing.)

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@ReVamp: :X

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#24  Edited By Pokeysteve

In answer to the title, it won't change the film and will just just piss people off. I hope Michael Bay has a good home security system.

It was a matter of time before Indy got the alien treatment but I never expected that from the Turtles.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

I'm hoping this is all a big misunderstanding. See, it's possible the mutagen is from an alien source and falls upon the four turtles / rat... and not "hey, there's an alien race that looks just like the TMNT."

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By fox01313

Stopped caring about Michael Bay making a good film anytime in the future. Best thing that was done lately with his name on it wasn't made by him, it was the parody of his films on Robot Chicken in a piece only a couple minutes long (if that). Know someone into 1980s cartoons though who might have a slight issue with this news though, think I'll go contact him to hear his reaction.

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Primmaster64
    @cattlebattle said:
    What? 22 is too old?
    cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By cattlebattle
    @Primmaster64 said:
    @cattlebattle said:
    What? 22 is too old?
    I'm a bit older than that...., and when you think about it, while the TMNT originally was a violent gritty comic, the product I fell in love with was just a commercialized money making product....I mean really, "The Coming Out of their Shells Tour"........wtf??
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Primmaster64
    @cattlebattle: Liar and What? I know they where a dark comic then turned Light to now dark again.
    Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#30  Edited By Supreme Marvel

Teenage Alien Explosive Turtles!Teenage Alien Explosive Turtles!!Teenage Alien Explosive Turtles!!!

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By cattlebattle
    @Primmaster64 said:
    @cattlebattle: Liar and What? I know they where a dark comic then turned Light to now dark again.
    an understatement
    No Caption Provided
    CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32  Edited By CATPANEXE

Sorry but I'm not down with speculation personally. I'm real tired of people telling me to have faith in Bay. I was told this when he announced with other " dark comedy ", Transformers 2. I was told the same for his " darker more serious film " Transformers 3. And I was told the same and called stupid, here, as a matter of fact when he announced his " better than the original " version of Nightmare On Elm Street, and for myself immediately rejecting it. Guess what happened with all of the above? The second time I'll use this cliche saying today ~ To keep doing the same thing over and over again and expect different results is pure insanity. Applying it here, every time things have been speculated involving this mans work that is exactly what led to disappointment in them. I'm counting myself out of being excited about this film, and assuming that anything from the Turtles franchise will get any kind of proper representation in the film as well do to that sound logic. If any of you were in charge of driving this vehicle, then, I would be excited. But sadly your not.

To be clear again, I am optimistic about the direction of this era of the Turtles franchise, and the other mediums it has to offer, and happily believe that will offset what will come of this production. But I'm not about Bay making a quality film or anything in the ball park of something that actually appeals to the fans (be it of whatever incarnation of the Turtles, a note for some other time regarding expectations). It's optimism to expect fair weather when the conditions can logically call for it, but self inflicted delusion to hold out for a sunny month in the dead of winter in an always arctic climate.

umbrafeline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 20

#33  Edited By umbrafeline

WHY?! WHY?! WHY?! WHY CANT WE GO BACK IN TIME AND STOP THIS MENACE [MICHEAL BAY] FROM BEING BORN?!

i am a very good judge of movies and when it comes to bay *spits* hes right up there with m night shamalamadingdong when it comes to directing/producing and ryan reynolds when it comes to acting. i will not, repeat will NOT waste my hard-earned money on his movie remaking crap. if it aint broke, dont touch it. that bastard has already ruined transformers and now he wants to touch the tmnt. i shun as to what hell ruin next. finally, if i do go see his crap-tastical films i will see it for free when i waltz into the proper auditorium when the movie i actually did pay for is over.

for to send him your 'fan' mail go here http://www.michaelbay.com/contact/index.html

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#34  Edited By BatteredArmor

...........We fan-base may be overreacting to this just a little bit

umbrafeline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By umbrafeline

@BlackArmor: not to be rude but, 'just a little bit'? this is micheal bay *spits* were talking about. this is the same man who ruined transformers for everyone who grew up with them. this man is a menace to society and has to be stopped. nobody wants to see their favorite childhood cartoon-turned movie remade into some live-action, explosion-filled alienistic crap. thats like taking the mona lisa and re-painting it into lady gaga, things should just never be touched at all.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

I don't think Transformers (1 & 3) are necessarily good movies, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy them. They're stupid and loud, but they're a lot of fun.

Regardless, Bay is only producing this.

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

#37  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

What a stupid thing to do.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@aztek_the_lost: Oh man, nostalgia overload. I miss the days of Pizza Hut as a kid and their deals with stuff like X-Men, TMNT, Darkwing Duck, etc.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@aztek_the_lost: Don't let Morph hear you. He's their biggest fan.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ReVamp: @Vance Astro said:

@k4tzm4n said:

@Vance Astro said:

THANK YOU!!!

I am so sick of the cgi, even in movie, cgi make up and cgi actors, do we really need a computer for those things?

Fans need to take a breath, and chill. They have not read the script. Our team is working closely with one of the original creators of Ninja Turtles to help expand and give a more complex back story. Relax, we are including everything that made you become fans in the first place. We are just building a richer world.

I dont hate Micheal Bay, but are you kidding me? i know he is a good friend of Nolan? bus just becuase change thing worked for Batman, dont mean will work for the rest of the character.

I mean, i know the comic book is darker, but the Cartoon from the 80s is what made the TMNT popular and people know the cartoons, so why Aliens?

This makes no sense at all, why to reboot the franchise if they are goin to change the characters?

Bay quit and give this guys the money to make the movie, go and make more Transformer movies.

Hollywood need to stop killing my inner child.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#44  Edited By Deranged Midget

I was stunned at this news but honestly, I'm not judging until I see a trailer or the full film.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@Deranged Midget said:

I was stunned at this news but honestly, I'm not judging until I see a trailer or the full film.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#46  Edited By BatteredArmor

@umbrafeline said:

@BlackArmor: not to be rude but, 'just a little bit'? this is micheal bay *spits* were talking about. this is the same man who ruined transformers for everyone who grew up with them. this man is a menace to society and has to be stopped. nobody wants to see their favorite childhood cartoon-turned movie remade into some live-action, explosion-filled alienistic crap. thats like taking the mona lisa and re-painting it into lady gaga, things should just never be touched at all.

C'mon don't you think you may be exaggerating the threat this man is to society just the tiniest bit? I grew up with a version of TMNT too but this is just a stupid movie (trust me it will be stupid) it can't damage the idea of the turtles it will just hurt their image for a year or so before the people who actually enjoyed the film forget about it.

umbrafeline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By umbrafeline

@BlackArmor said:

@umbrafeline said:

C'mon don't you think you may be exaggerating the threat this man is to society just the tiniest bit? I grew up with a version of TMNT too but this is just a stupid movie (trust me it will be stupid) it can't damage the idea of the turtles it will just hurt their image for a year or so before the people who actually enjoyed the film forget about it.

well i suppose it IS a bit drastic. i was speaking out of hate whenever i see his name/image next to something i hold dear. but he really should be stopped from ruining another franchise

_Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By _Black

God, I hope this movie is good...

Soulstealer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Soulstealer

@Vance Astro said:

*Nods vigorously*

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#50  Edited By Deranged Midget

@k4tzm4n said:

@Deranged Midget said:

I can't see the image, what is it? :/

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.