Follow

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Movie » Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles released on August 08, 2014.

Directed by Jonathan Liebesman, the Heroes in a Half Shell return in an all-new live-action film. Instead of suits like the original trilogy, the actors are using motion capture to bring the Turtles to the big screen.

Watch the new TMNT Movie Trailer

• 114 results
    Young_Murloc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Young_Murloc

wow.......never seen so much complaining b4 a movie even came out, at least it seems to be using more source material than any other comic book movie.

Figgs216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Okay even though I don't like the way the turtles look the visuals shouldn't matter if the story is still good and don't take away from my enjoyment of the movie. It looks funny and the action looks good, however I can't get over Megan Fox being in this movie, I'm sorry she's a terrible actress.

Golden Cod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't mind how grungy the Turtles look here but I really hate robo-Shredder.

nappystr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 5

Eh, I continue to be ambivalent. There's a lot here to love, and a lot here to hate as well.

RoTheKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmmm....I'm still not sure, but I'll see it anyway. I hope it's good. I'm a huge Turtles fan, so hopefully, this movie won't disappoint.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This trailer looks better than the one's before it, I'm starting to warm up to the Turtles design and even Shredder looks kinda cool, and the action looks great, I just hope the script will hold up.

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
    StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 107

#57  Edited By StMichalofWilson
    @micah said:

This trailer looks better than the one's before it, I'm starting to warm up to the Turtles design and even Shredder looks kinda cool, and the action looks great, I just hope the script will hold up.

I hope so too

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
    deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm in. I'm waiting for GOB to do his chicken dance in front of the Foot Clan.

movieartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loved this trailer until Meagan Fox came up...worst actress ever

dude, no, fox at least has dat body going for her, Kristen Stewart has a grand total of jack & shit going for her, MUCH worse than fox

ScrappyDont27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

This trailer is a lot better than the first, still reserving my judgement until I see it

nrgb2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This actually looks... Awesome! Whaaa?!

Nahuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aside from the character design, this is looking more and more like a TMNT movie to me!

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

That didn't seem all that bad (minus Megan Fox.) I'll wait for some reviews, but I'm still hopeful for a fun movie.

SpitfirePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

That was a really cool trailer, though I gotta say, I'm starting to agree with the Black Nerd about Megan Fox playing April. I don't think she fits the role very well.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#66  Edited By ccraft

Everything looked great in this trailer. Finally the rest of the turtles spoke, instead of just Mikey, Johnny Knoxville was a really good fit for Leo, I was worried at first, but he sounds perfect. The humor and action looks amazing, Donnie blocking bullets with his bow staff, wow.

Shredder looked and fought awesome, when he tossed Raph with such ease, it blew my mind. He looks awesome, the black/grey/gold color scheme with a samurai/exo suit looked really cool imo. Doesn't look any thing like a transformer... >_>

I thought the 3 huge blades were overkill until I saw this trailer, the uses of those blades were really cool, liked how awesome it looked.

Megan Fox had better scenes this time, I'm sure she'll do fine, or is that taboo to say?

I'm pretty hyped for this film.

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@movieartman: true I'd rather Fox than Kristen Stewart. A statue has more emotion than her

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh, I continue to be ambivalent. There's a lot here to love, and a lot here to hate as well.

Totally in agreement, even though this was the best trailer amongst the others I've seen. I'm really on the fence. Still, whatever we get is probably 100 times better than the original script that got leaked. Regardless, I've still got the new show & the comics to give me my Turtles fix.

@figgs216 said:

Okay even though I don't like the way the turtles look the visuals shouldn't matter if the story is still good and don't take away from my enjoyment of the movie. It looks funny and the action looks good, however I can't get over Megan Fox being in this movie, I'm sorry she's a terrible actress.

And this definitely. Megan Fox is awful. She's a terrible choice for April O'Neil. I can't believe Bay even considered her after the supposed Transformers 2 debacle.

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

Seems to be fewer explosions than usual for a Michael Bay movie.

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

Loved this trailer until Meagan Fox came up...worst actress ever

On the plus side, it is not a very serious role. It is not like she is playing Anna Karenina, its just April O'Neil.

Lurkero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess we can confirm that Megan Fox actually speaks. Unfortunately, this trailer makes me less enthused. Pop culture references and dub-step? That doesn't give me confidence that they took the movie seriously.

Big_Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I hope Shredder is not like the Silver Samurai in The Wolverine.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

This trailer was actually kind of good, and the movie looks 'fun', but that's it..

I'm still highly skeptic of it though... and Shredder looks like sh*t. He just looks like a mini Decepticon. And that, my friends, ain't cool.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By ccraft
    k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#75  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@ccraft: Don't forget what's possibly an image of the REAL Shredder ;)

No Caption Provided

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n: I really hope Oroku Saki is the guy in the suit, if he isn't it will guarantee bad reviews for it. Was it confirmed William Fichtner was cast as Shredder?

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I'm amused by all the people pretending everything TMNT related has been genius works up till now. They seem to forget Next Mutation, Super Shredder from the second movie, the entirety of the 80s/90s show without nostalgia goggles all really freaking dumb but still enjoyable. ( Except Next Mutation, that s**t was awful.)

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@razzatazz: true hopefully since we didn't see as many explosions it means that we might also get more time with the titular characters(the turtles)

weaponxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought it looked great. Can't wait.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

#80 stormshadow_x  Online

Welcome

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#81 k4tzm4n  Moderator

I'm amused by all the people pretending everything TMNT related has been genius works up till now. They seem to forget Next Mutation, Super Shredder from the second movie, the entirety of the 80s/90s show without nostalgia goggles all really freaking dumb but still enjoyable. ( Except Next Mutation, that s**t was awful.)

I sincerely doubt you're going to find people that'll defend those projects or say they're "genius." Next Mutation is purely for kids at the time and doesn't hold up at all, the original cartoon really just has nostalgia value, and the second movie went waaaaaay too kid friendly and took away just about everything that made the first so good. If anything, people are passionate about the original comics, the first (and fourth) movie, the 4kids show, the current IDW series, and the current Nick show.

Avatar image for iragulasuperbia
    iragulasuperbia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#82  Edited By iragulasuperbia

So, I'm not going to make any knocks about the storyline or anything like that (obviously, because the story hasn't been revealed yet). I'm not going to gripe about any of the people involved.

However, and I'll admit that it is a rather meager 'however,' I am not a huge fan of these designs. I feel that the Turtles are overly cluttered, particularly Donatello. It seems like accessories were strapped onto them in a crude attempt to convey their personalities, but well-done character development could do that just as easily. They're abnormally huge, but I can get past that. Also, I like Shredder being a badass in a relatively simple suit of armor. Not some sort of mecha.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iragulasuperbia: Shredder has to be sporting an exo suit under that samurai armor, he was able to stop and throw Raph with one arm.

Knightfall225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The action and the turtles look great. Along with Shredder and Master Splinter. Megan Fox....one of the worst actresses I've ever seen. I have a feeling that this movie is going to be just like Transformers. People are going to watch this for the Turtles , not the people in the movie who will probably be the weakest part of the movie. Im still confused at what the actual plot is , but I give the trailer a B-.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: It's because you're like me and are hoping for the best but fearing the worse.

Avatar image for iragulasuperbia
    iragulasuperbia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By iragulasuperbia

@ccraft: I know. I'd prefer it just being a guy in armor who relies on skill to kick shell. But, I guess if you're going to make the Turtles gigantic, you need to do something more for the villain. It kind of makes sense, it just sticks in my craw.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
    AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@dondave said:

Awesome

this, I actually really liked this. minus Donnys glasses.

The more they release about this movie, the worse it looks.

sumbody gwumpay

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ostyo: *Hugs* IT'LL ALL COME TOGETHER!

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
    deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

This looks so fun.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 cattlebattle  Online

Everything about this movie looks like it's on steroids.

_ANDY_CAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lets see a mixture of transformers, some popular movie characters parody {batman voice, i will find you (Liam neeson Taken), Inception BWAHS and finally Michael bay explosions, military regalia, falling sky scrapers and use of Megan Fox. So this is just Transformers not TMNT.

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lets see a mixture of transformers, some popular movie characters parody {batman voice, i will find you (Liam neeson Taken), Inception BWAHS and finally Michael bay explosions, military regalia, falling sky scrapers and use of Megan Fox. So this is just Transformers not TMNT.

Everything about this movie looks like it's on steroids.

That's Michael Bay for you- and they won't let you forget it, either "A Michael Bay Film"! Everything Bay needs to be bigger and louder. If he did a Hulk movie he'd probably be about the size of King Kong and everything he hit would make Bay-style explosions. On another note, I was in Wal-Mart today and saw the movie figs(which for some reason remind me of the Next Mutation abominations or those Jim Lee styled ones from the 90s, remember those?), and saw a Splinter figure, so I'm guessing he is in the movie- his face kinda reminded me of a catfish with the weird whiskers.

sentryman555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly this trailer has given me a little hope for the movie. It's not going to be a masterpiece but it looks like it might be a fun movie to watch on a saturday night. My concern now is their is a lot of emphasis on Raph and Mikey but not really a lot of Leo. I hope he doesn't get pushed to the back so the others can have more one liners.

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sentryman555:

Yeah, I like Leo myself. I feel like he's the Captain America of the Turtles, kind-hearted, noble, heroic, a balancing & rallying force for the brothers/team.(I see Donnie as the Reed Richards of the group.) But when you mentioned that you knew this film wasn't going to be a masterpiece, this came into my mind- just imagine it in R. Lee Ermey's voice: "This movie's so ugly it could be a modern art masterpiece!"

NoahMcnasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Garbage

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

@dondave said:

Awesome

F**k yeah.

Raph looks like he's gonna beast this.

dbatdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loving it so far!

SynCig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 45

This trailer looks better than the previous one but I'm still quite sure the movie is going to suck. I'll still see it though. Partly because I am a sucker for the Turtles and partly out of morbid curiosity. All I am really hoping to get out of it is some entertaining action sequences. The dialogue/acting will likely be pretty bad but as long as I get some level of entertainment out of it then I'll walk away from the theater without regrets.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.