Watch the new TMNT Movie Trailer

• 113 results
Posted by k4tzm4n (48476 posts) - - Show Bio

Now that all of the new character posters have been unlocked, Paramount has released the latest Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles trailer! This round of footage reveals a lot. We get a way better look at each of the characters, plenty of new details about the story (looks like Raphael will play a big role), and some pretty cool bits of action (how rad is it when Donatello blocks those projectiles with his bo staff?!). They even take a jab at the rumor about the heroes in a half shell being aliens. Check it out below.

Did anyone else notice Eric Sachs talking to a mysterious figure with a damaged face? Could it be Oroku Saki? Anyway, what did you think of this trailer? Share your thoughts with us below!

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles opens August 8 and is directed by Jonathan Liebesman.

#1 Posted by dondave (38402 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome

#2 Edited by Crackdown (605 posts) - - Show Bio

Other than Mikey, this isn't so bad

#3 Edited by SlamAdams (301 posts) - - Show Bio

Doesn't look like the best version, but it still looks like an entertaining one at least.

#4 Posted by The Stegman (24983 posts) - - Show Bio

"They're aliens?"

"No, that's stupid, they're turtles." lol, kinda like Bay saying "f*ck you" to all the people whining when they thought they were aliens.

Anyway. Don't know how i feel about this film, some of it seemed funny, some of it seems cheesy. And the dubstep wasn't helping. I'll go see it, but my expectations aren't very high.

#5 Posted by Cloudguy (213 posts) - - Show Bio

I think i'll stick to the comics and cartoons.

#6 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6248 posts) - - Show Bio

haha I love this movie already

#7 Posted by n25philly (97 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll wait for dvd

#8 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8898 posts) - - Show Bio

More evidence this will suck. Saw this trailer when I went to see Godzilla. Sad.

#9 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (33882 posts) - - Show Bio

"From Producer Michael Bay"

Wait, who's directing this again?

#10 Posted by w0nd (3702 posts) - - Show Bio

So is the white guy shredder or not! dun dun dun

#11 Edited by k4tzm4n (48476 posts) - - Show Bio

@crom_cruach said:

More evidence this will suck. Saw this trailer when I went to see Godzilla. Sad.

If you did, someone probably goofed because this was just released -- like, less than an hour ago. I saw a new trailer attached to How to Train Your Dragon 2, but it was more like an extended version of the last one with only a few bits of new footage.

#12 Edited by TommytheHitman (3281 posts) - - Show Bio

HEY! Is that Whoopie Goldberg? AKA that Bartender Chick from STNG?

#13 Posted by leokearon (1833 posts) - - Show Bio

Rubbish and the Shredder's new look is terrible it looks like Looks like Oroku Saki ; went to Egypt harvested the Fallen's corpse and then chopped off Edward Scissorhand's hands and glued them to his new corpse armour.

#14 Posted by opticblast98 (209 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks fine, I don't judge till I see so I'm whatever right now. Hope it's good, TMNT are my favorite comic book characters

#15 Edited by space4rentt (66 posts) - - Show Bio

I know all the Michael bay stuff, and whatever. But I can't help but be excited to see them live action and on the big screen again!

@k4tzm4n That part with Donnie and the projectiles was so awesome! If the mysterious figure is who you said, I'll probably freak out (in a good way). Maybe that would make Eric Sachs more like stockman.

#16 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8898 posts) - - Show Bio

The more they release about this movie, the worse it looks.

#17 Posted by Gojira2014 (2015 posts) - - Show Bio

I will give it a try, I actually enjoy the Transformer movies, so I will give it a try.

#18 Posted by TommytheHitman (3281 posts) - - Show Bio

The more they release about this movie, the worse it looks.

I agree a little.

#19 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8898 posts) - - Show Bio

This movie gives me the same feel as the avengers movie (not the marvel one, the crappy 1998 movie with Uma Thurman based on the 60s show of the name), all the necessary to make an amazing movie, only destroyed by incompetence and executive meddling.

#20 Posted by Ninjablade09 (3175 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks fun. I love Shredder's look. Loved the scene with the Turtles celebrating.

"What was that?"

"A camera flash..."

Heh, may not be a good movie, but it might be entertaining.

#21 Posted by myerlanski (1147 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm pleased with it so far...can not wait to see a new interpretation of the green machines....

#22 Posted by Wolverine08 (43531 posts) - - Show Bio

Just finding it hard to get really excited.

#23 Edited by AmazingWebHead (3364 posts) - - Show Bio

A jab at the aliens theory, hints that Eric Sachs isn't the Shredder, the turtles kicking ass, taking names, and hi-fiving after? Yeah, this is gonna rock.

...I still get a weird boner from Megan Fox passing out.

I'm-a watch again!

#24 Edited by Wolverine08 (43531 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm still not really comfortable with how big they are. I've always preferred when the Turtles were as tall as, or a little shorter than average sized people.

#25 Posted by RavenVice01 (300 posts) - - Show Bio

I sure hope that scarred man is the actual Shredder. If that's the case though then why didn't the actor who is playing "Eric Sachs" just play Baxter Stockman and call it a day. I like the Shredder suit but I think they went overkill on the blades.

#27 Posted by frozenedge (1286 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah I don't Eric Sachs is actually the Shredder. He told the scarred am that they were taking his armor to the next level. That has to be Oroku Saki

#28 Posted by Juke (712 posts) - - Show Bio

It got taken down for whatever reason but it can be found on the official TMNT movie Youtube page if you go there manually.

#29 Posted by MrMazz (1289 posts) - - Show Bio

This looks dumb not because of the content but the art direction and world they've set it in. It looks like Transformers by way of Nolan Batman. The insane bonkers action is that but at least it is befitting the source material.

I do like the Shredder armor though that's kinda cool.

#30 Posted by SHAZAM117 (3259 posts) - - Show Bio

Just finding it hard to get really excited.

Yep.

I'm still not liking this Shredder and it's ruining it for me. Why they didn't make him a more of high level master ninja/shogun leader instead of this robo-transformer swiss-army knife is beyond me.

I do actually like the new design of the turtles tho.

#31 Posted by pingclang (290 posts) - - Show Bio

I still think the Turtles look horrible in this, but it may be a good movie. We'll find out in August.

#32 Posted by NightFang (10117 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm liking the Shredder look and i'm hopeful Eric Sachs isn't the real Shredder, but a henchman looking to inherit the title.

#33 Posted by k4tzm4n (48476 posts) - - Show Bio

@juke said:

It got taken down for whatever reason but it can be found on the official TMNT movie Youtube page if you go there manually.

It was the official one that was taken down. Seems like they fixed the audio and the new one is up.

#34 Posted by R3DF13LD (14 posts) - - Show Bio

" Oh look he doing his Batman voice" XD Looks good but that Megatron Shredder kindaa mess it up!

#35 Posted by i_dont_like_comics (770 posts) - - Show Bio

is this the supposed trailer attached to those posters?

#36 Posted by k4tzm4n (48476 posts) - - Show Bio

is this the supposed trailer attached to those posters?

Yes. First sentence, dudebro!

#37 Posted by CorruptedOwl (88 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmm

#38 Posted by murderpool (98 posts) - - Show Bio

I was worried master splinter wasn't even gonna be in this

I call that a win

#39 Posted by Transformers1024 (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: I saw this trailer when I saw Godzilla opening night. This was leaked online a few weeks ago, it was recorded (very poorly) on someone's phone.

#40 Posted by tparks (5000 posts) - - Show Bio

So there's about a million things I wish they did different already, but all I can say is that Mikey looks like he will be hillarious, which is all I can ask for.

#41 Posted by Z3RO180 (6613 posts) - - Show Bio

This trailer was a lot better than the rest. I'm am officially going to see this.

#42 Posted by RustyRoy (13166 posts) - - Show Bio

Loved this trailer, its better than the first one which was also good.

#43 Posted by _Atomikill_ (4309 posts) - - Show Bio

Sweet mother of awesome.

#44 Posted by Beerminator1 (358 posts) - - Show Bio

Why does every movie trailer must have dubstep in it??????

#45 Posted by BallsMonkey (21 posts) - - Show Bio

That was good. Surprisingly good.

#46 Posted by Egie_Asemota1 (18 posts) - - Show Bio

WOW! i didn't think they would remove that stupid blatant butt scene from the trailer! thank goodness. i feel that this movie will pull a Mandarin and the real Shredder, Oroku Saki, will reveal himself.

#47 Posted by Dernman (15222 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm still not really comfortable with how big they are. I've always preferred when the Turtles were as tall as, or a little shorter than average sized people.

Hollywood prejudice against short characters. Ask Wolverine. :p

Wait you don't care that they made the change to his height IIRC.........

#48 Posted by Wolverine08 (43531 posts) - - Show Bio

@dernman said:

@wolverine08 said:

Hollywood prejudice against short characters. Ask Wolverine. :p

Wait you don't care that they made the change to his height IIRC.........

True, but that was mostly due to the fact that I was already used to comic book Wolverine getting taller(He's like 5'9-5'10 at times), and Hugh Jackman regardless of height is a really great actor(Better than any of the actors playing the turtles for sure). Plus, when Hugh finally hangs up the claws I've always wanted Scott Caan(5'5) to get the role :D

#49 Posted by Transformers1024 (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe I'm biased since I really don't like the franchise in the least, but wow this looks terrible...

#50 Edited by Spideysense44 (3519 posts) - - Show Bio

Loved this trailer until Meagan Fox came up...worst actress ever

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.