Wondergirl, Bunker Costume changes in #11.

#1 Edited by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

From Scott's twitter.

Just saw the cape on Wonder Girl on the cover to TT11! Now I have to make the story even MORE AWESOME! Breathtaking!

And Brett's blog

The cape has to do with her armor. She's on the cover to TT 11 so in a few weeks you'll see it! Bunker is also getting a new outfit and I'm doing Tims a wee bit differently, but it's still basically the same.

Anyone excited?

#2 Posted by Outside_85 (8128 posts) - - Show Bio

Better not be more of the Tron stuff because it is getting pretty tiresome just seeing it on every cover by now. Also I have a problem with imagining Cassandra with a cape...WW characters tend to get rid of those as soon as a fight starts.

#3 Posted by Afro_Warrior (1120 posts) - - Show Bio

@Outside_85:

The Tron type outfits, are linked to the story, once the Colony arc has ended they'll be gone again.

That said i am a bit hesitant about seeing Cass with a cape. Guess i'll just have to wait and see.

#4 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11091 posts) - - Show Bio

This is quite interesting. I'm looking forward to the updated looks.

#5 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Cassandra: If this is going to involve a cape, then I imagine its going to work somewhat like Magik in a manner that as she fights more of her armor appears. At least I'd like it to be like that.
  • Bunker: He needs a new costume.
#6 Posted by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare said:

I'm doing Tims a wee bit differently, but it's still basically the same.

That had better mean cowl

#7 Posted by Outside_85 (8128 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp: You recon that if the fight goes on long enough that she eventually morphs the entire 'screaming chicken' armor?

#8 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor said:

@sethysquare said:

I'm doing Tims a wee bit differently, but it's still basically the same.

That had better mean cowl

I didn't like the cowl. Bite me. LOL.

@Outside_85 said:

@ReVamp: You recon that if the fight goes on long enough that she eventually morphs the entire 'screaming chicken' armor?

Screaming Chicken? But yes, that's exactly what I reckon happens. Or at least I hope.

#9 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32706 posts) - - Show Bio

yea not a huge fan of Bunkers costume so a change is welcome , I like Red Robins though so I hope it's not to different. Wonder Girls could be cool if it's not over done

Online
#10 Edited by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@Outside_85 said:

Better not be more of the Tron stuff because it is getting pretty tiresome just seeing it on every cover by now. Also I have a problem with imagining Cassandra with a cape...WW characters tend to get rid of those as soon as a fight starts.

Yeah the tron suits would be gone for good afterwards. I'm just wondering what Superboy is wearing afterwards. The Tron suit looks so awesome on him, just not as much on everyone else.

@BlackArmor said:

@sethysquare said:

I'm doing Tims a wee bit differently, but it's still basically the same.

That had better mean cowl

Honestly, the cowl looks horrible IMO. I love Red Robin without the cowl.

#11 Posted by RogueOracle (242 posts) - - Show Bio

a cape....? better be a cool cape.

#12 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@RogueOracle: Whatever it is, I can't wait to see how the cape looks like.

#13 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12517 posts) - - Show Bio

Cass doesn't need a cape in my opinion. Im happy Bunker is getting a new one and I can't wait to see what Tim's are

Online
#14 Edited by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp: @sethysquare:

Even if you don't like the look of the Cowl (if this is the case something is wrong with you....jk) you have to admit the efficiency of it in contrast to the domino mask, the possibility of protection of the head, concealing his identity better, making him more threatening, making it easier to meld with the shadows. If he's going to have horrible looking wings because they're practical then he should have an awesome looking cowl because it's just as if not more practical. On top of all that it fits the character.

#15 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor: True. I have mixed feeling on it. It looked okay from the front, but it just fcked with me from behind. It was too round and all that.

#16 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (8871 posts) - - Show Bio

I am excited to see a change. The next person who should get a costume change is Red Robin

#17 Posted by Skaddix (3109 posts) - - Show Bio

Too Many Costume Changes which is okay I suppose because I hate them all except Tron Superboy that is a good look although I prefer the YJ Version (White One).

Bunker is okay.

#18 Posted by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp: I wouldn't mind a cowl design somewhat similar to new earth's Owlman but I preferred even the blank cowl to pretty much any domino mask, I get why people didn't like it there were times when it just plain out looked weird but it had good moments Imo

#19 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor: I guess that'd be okay.

#20 Posted by Outside_85 (8128 posts) - - Show Bio

This is taking from Arkham City, in game Tim appears with the center outfit...honestly I hate the hood and thinking about how it impedes his vision, I dont know why he'd wear that. Mistakenly the designers of the game added the old animated Dick Grayson Robin as a skin for Tim (you can add Nightwing as DLC) instead of the actual Tim design. Finally on the left we have the Red Robin costume...I'll just stop here and say; That's why its cool.

#21 Posted by RogueOracle (242 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait, have they ditched Cassie's hood in favour of that head armour thing?

#22 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@RogueOracle: Uhm, no. The head armour and breastplate only comes up when she so "power up"

#23 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor said:

@ReVamp: @sethysquare:

Even if you don't like the look of the Cowl (if this is the case something is wrong with you....jk) you have to admit the efficiency of it in contrast to the domino mask, the possibility of protection of the head, concealing his identity better, making him more threatening, making it easier to meld with the shadows. If he's going to have horrible looking wings because they're practical then he should have an awesome looking cowl because it's just as if not more practical. On top of all that it fits the character.

LOL. Yeah, efficient I would say but I really rally hate it. Maybe its because the cowl doesn't have ears and it just looks way too... I dunno, bald-ish. Out of all the old outfits, Tim Drake's one is the one I hate the most. Because of the cowl. Haha, no offence to people who like it though.

@Outside_85: For me, like I mentioned, the cowl looks pretty bad. I'll take even the hooded robin to the cowl. He looks so much cooler with the hood. I'll take the robin outfit with the underwear over the cowl. LOL.

#24 Posted by RogueOracle (242 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare: Huh? Do you mean at her most powerful? The first two issues showed her with a hood, and on New Year's Eve when they were versing Superboy, did the headgear show up. In #6 the hood was seen clearly again, but not upright. I mean she seems to be not using the hood anymore, none the less it's still there.

#25 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@RogueOracle: As in don't you realise during battle she kinda powers up. In the first issue she sorta did this transformation thing, where she uses her braces to form a force field and deflect bullets.

Subsequently, during battles, she her braces would form and extra chest plate and head armour. But she still has the cape, its just that, all the superheroes with capes don't really put them on anyways.

#26 Posted by Outside_85 (8128 posts) - - Show Bio

@RogueOracle: I suppose her hood just falls off when she's fighting.

#27 Posted by RogueOracle (242 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare: Are you implying she already has the cape with "But she still has the cape". You're using present tense. The armour "grows" the longer she uses her powers, but a cape kind of doesn't make sense with her costume. All I'm saying.

#28 Posted by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

@Outside_85 said:

This is taking from Arkham City, in game Tim appears with the center outfit...honestly I hate the hood and thinking about how it impedes his vision, I dont know why he'd wear that. Mistakenly the designers of the game added the old animated Dick Grayson Robin as a skin for Tim (you can add Nightwing as DLC) instead of the actual Tim design. Finally on the left we have the Red Robin costume...I'll just stop here and say; That's why its cool.

I'm with you man, the cowl looks the best by far and also makes the most sense

#29 Edited by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't Static say Bart had to keep his suit on to stop himself from vibrating to death?

I'll just go and check.

#30 Posted by Outside_85 (8128 posts) - - Show Bio

@htb106: It will be changed one day

#31 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@RogueOracle said:

@sethysquare: Are you implying she already has the cape with "But she still has the cape". You're using present tense. The armour "grows" the longer she uses her powers, but a cape kind of doesn't make sense with her costume. All I'm saying.

Sorry I have no idea what I am talking about.

I meant her outfit still has a hood. As far as I know, the armour only "grows" when she is in battle, no idea how that works.

As for the cape, I don't think it is fitted directly unto the costume, We'll just have to see how the cape looks like right around 3 more hours.

#32 Posted by Skaddix (3109 posts) - - Show Bio

@htb106 said:

they shouldn't change bart's costume because static said in titans 6 he had to keep it on didn't he?

i'm off to reread it for the 5th time now

Nowhere probably duplicated the properties of the suit when they built the tron version or they found some way stabalize him for the Culling.

#33 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

What do you guys think?

#34 Posted by Outside_85 (8128 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare: Surprised more than anything that she would morph into a chaos warrior. Reminds me of this:

Kinda has the same 'unfeeling' warrior about it.

#35 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't know how I feel about it, but as long as its her armour revolting only and its only for one issue, I'm cool with that. I gotta say, I love Superboy and Red Robin's expression.

#36 Posted by knighthood (1693 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm more excited to see Bunker get a new outfit. I have hardly seen anything to really like about the character so far, but a new look might really help. I dunno?

#37 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

  • Cassandra: If this is going to involve a cape, then I imagine its going to work somewhat like Magik in a manner that as she fights more of her armor appears. At least I'd like it to be like that.
  • Bunker: He needs a new costume.

I was right.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.