That in your opinion were wasted

#1 Posted by Nighthunter (28580 posts) - - Show Bio

Chose a character(s) that have been a teen titans and you think that there were a lot of potential in them. But that they didn't use it

#2 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

Beast Boy. Did you see Titans Tomorrow BB?

#3 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

not a Teen Titan, but i would have liked to see more stories of "Secret" from the Young Justice series

M

#4 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

Nighthunter says:

"Buckshot says:
"Beast Boy. Did you see Titans Tomorrow BB?"

Yeah, he as the new animal man"

I think the best part was that he could be more than one animal at a time. I forget what exactly he was doing, but I remember that.

#5 Posted by Nighthunter (28580 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

Yeah, he as the new animal man

#6 Posted by Nighthunter (28580 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"not a Teen Titan, but i would have liked to see more stories of "Secret" from the Young Justice seriesM"

oh yeah I miss her, also Slobo

#7 Posted by Nighthunter (28580 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"Nighthunter says:
"Buckshot says:

Yeah, he as the new animal man"

I think the best part was that he could be more than one animal at a time. I forget what exactly he was doing, but I remember that."

lol yeah. I guess it happened because he let his "superanimal transformation" take control over him.

Wonder why he hasn't use it in a while

#8 Posted by Nighthunter (28580 posts) - - Show Bio

I gotta go with Son of Vulcan (altough he only had one training session)

there was a lot of potential there

#9 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

Nighthunter says:

"lol yeah. I guess it happened because he let his "superanimal transformation" take control over him.Wonder why he hasn't use it in a while"

He hasn't done it because current BB can't, at least according to Future BB. I'm gonna take a look at it.

#10 Posted by Nighthunter (28580 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"Nighthunter says:
"lol yeah. I guess it happened because he let his "superanimal transformation" take control over him.Wonder why he hasn't use it in a while"

He hasn't done it because current BB can't, at least according to Future BB. I'm gonna take a look at it."

Beast Boy has do it in both comics and animated series

the diference is that he didn't really control the power

#11 Posted by Nighthunter (28580 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"Nighthunter says:
"Beast Boy has do it in both comics and animated seriesthe diference is that he didn't really control the power"

He's split into two separate animals before? When?

"

oh damn had bad memory lol

I thought about his form of superanimal

see avatar

Lol sorry

#12 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

Nighthunter says:

"Beast Boy has do it in both comics and animated seriesthe diference is that he didn't really control the power"

He's split into two separate animals before? When?

#13 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Beast Boy is living up to his potential.  Maybe not as a fighter (though he's getting there), but as a character.  A lot has gone on with that guy since he was introduced.

I think the character that was wasted was Terra 2.  Team Titans just felt so...unfinished.  And then they never really went back to the group (or what was left of it).  And then she died in 52.  I really wanted her to join the main Titans team for awhile.

Hawk and Dove had a lot of wasted potential.  A mini and then an excellent series under 20 issues and then both are ruined by a news leak.  Hawk should never have become Monarch.  Dove should never have died.  Hawk and Dove should definately never have had a kid together.  All editorially mandated bs.

Dove came back but she's only made tiny appearances since.  And the new Hawk is annoying and she's a slut.  And despite being Dawn's sister, she never showed up and was never mentioned for the entire Hawk/Dove series.

#14 Posted by The Emerald Knight (243 posts) - - Show Bio

Future BB was able to tap into the power of another animal while being in a completely different animal form (Example the power of an amoeba which he could spilt himself apart). Now if my memory serves me right, he has never shaped shift into a different animal while multiplying. So, that implies that he can't.

#15 Posted by Redtha (58 posts) - - Show Bio
@Zoom said:
" I think the character that was wasted was Terra 2.  Team Titans just felt so...unfinished.  And then they never really went back to the group (or what was left of it).  And then she died in 52.  I really wanted her to join the main Titans team for awhile. "
I wish they'd actually shown Titans LA, it would have shown more Terra II. 

Probably biased 'cause he's one of my faves but I say Red Star. Even when he was on the team he was overlooked. Then they killed off Pantha and Baby Wildebeest to give him character development which he never received. All he's done since is seemingly kill some of the Meta-Men Militia (or whatever they're called) and then telling the Titans they should all quit. 

I'd like for them to use anyone that became members during OYL. That whole list was stupid as most have been killed or injured. I'd like to see some of them actually do something before being screwed over be the writers.
#16 Posted by tamaranorbust (53 posts) - - Show Bio

List includes dead people who imo shouldn't be dead

Titans L.A. - whole team 
Terra 1 and 2 
Beast Boy/ Changeling

Red Star, Pantha, Baby Wildebeest

Anima, Joto - basically the Titans East team under Cyborg, some of whom worked under Gar during 52 (issue #21) 

Now on other, related teams 
Karen and Mal (Doom Patrol) 
Arcudi's Doom Patrol members who worked under Gar 
some members of Nightwing's Outsiders, such as Grace Choi

#17 Posted by Redtha (58 posts) - - Show Bio
@tamaranorbust said:
"

List includes dead people who imo shouldn't be dead

Titans L.A. - whole team 
Terra 1 and 2 
Beast Boy/ Changeling

Red Star, Pantha, Baby Wildebeest

Anima, Joto - basically the Titans East team under Cyborg, some of whom worked under Gar during 52 (issue #21) 

Now on other, related teams 
Karen and Mal (Doom Patrol) 
Arcudi's Doom Patrol members who worked under Gar 
some members of Nightwing's Outsiders, such as Grace Choi

"
This. And for Titans related characters, Thunder and Lightning. They're only Titans in the cartoon.
#18 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio
@Redtha said:
" @Zoom said:
" I think the character that was wasted was Terra 2.  Team Titans just felt so...unfinished.  And then they never really went back to the group (or what was left of it).  And then she died in 52.  I really wanted her to join the main Titans team for awhile. "
I wish they'd actually shown Titans LA, it would have shown more Terra II."

Right on.  Titans LA had a great lineup between Beast Boy, Terra, Mal Duncan, Bumblebee, Bushido, Flamebird and Hero Cruz.  CM3 might of been there too. 

All characters (save Beast Boy) that either got tossed out before their story was finished or haven't gotten enough exposure.  Heck, Bushido was killed off after what?  4 appearances?  What a terrible waste of potential.  Same with the 52 Titans, though Tiny Titans Little Barda is pretty awesome.  I'm surprised Lagoon Boy wasn't a part of that group.  I could use some more of him.
#19 Posted by zombie flash (203 posts) - - Show Bio

power boy

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.