Teen Titans returns for Season 6 as Teen Titans Go! in 2013

Posted by ele3000 (68 posts) - - Show Bio

From World's Finest Online:

DC Nation, Cartoon Network’s home for action-packed animated series and original shorts based on characters from DC Comics (Saturdays 10:00–11:00 a.m. ET/PT), will soon be joined by a new generation of superheroes as Teen Titans Go!, a brand-new half-hour comedy-action series inspired by Warner Bros. Animation’s original fan-favorite series Teen Titans, shows the humorous side of being a teenage hero.

Teen Titans Go! features the return of Robin, Starfire, Raven, Beast Boy and Cyborg in all-new, comedic adventures. Character-driven comedy is the order of the day as this new take on the super hero series focuses on the funny business that happens between saving the world and living together as teenagers without adult supervision. They may be super heroes who save the world every day … but somebody still has to do the laundry! With the ability to turn into any animal or detach their robotic limbs, teenage pranks reach a whole new level. And even super heroes have to take Driver’s Ed. to get a license – especially after wrecking the Batmobile on an unauthorized joy ride to impress a girl!

Featuring the principal voice cast from the original series – Greg Cipes as Beast Boy, Scott Menville as Robin, Khary Payton as Cyborg, Tara Strong as Raven and Hynden Walch as Starfire – Teen Titans Go! recaptures everything audiences loved about the original show, while adding laughter at the lighter side of being a super hero. Executive produced by Sam Register (Green Lantern: The Animated Series, The Looney Tunes Show, Teen Titans), with Michael Jelenic (ThunderCats, Batman: The Brave and the Bold) and Aaron Horvath (MAD, El Tigre) as producers, this side-splitting series will premiere on Cartoon Network in 2013 as part of the DC Nation programming block.

My Take: Finally, FINALLY, they plan to bring back Teen Titans after 6 years of hiatus. It makes sense because 2013 is the tenth anniversary of the Teen Titans cartoon when it first aired in 2003 and while some of the time it stayed faithful to the comics, it brings in new generations of fans who enjoyed both the humor and action in these episodes. Which stories are you looking forward to when they premiere on Cartoon Network next year?

#1 Edited by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

So glad that they're bringing back the show, I've missed it for so long!

#2 Posted by The Stegman (23989 posts) - - Show Bio

TEEN TITANS, LET'S GO!!!

#3 Posted by danhimself (22493 posts) - - Show Bio

while I wasn't a fan of the original series this does come as good news...it shows that DC/WB is actually listening to their fans and giving them what they want...not like Marvel/Disney/Loeb

#4 Posted by VercingetorixTheGreat (2823 posts) - - Show Bio

THIS IS GOING TO SUCK!!!

It stays Chibi form and is focused on comedy (which the original series had but it also had tension and drama which gave it a soul)

Its going to be sad watching another childhood show die like spongebob or Samurai Jack :'(

#5 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

@ele3000: if you are lying..................... you will pay! god will smite you!

TEEN TITANS GO!!!!!

#6 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12989 posts) - - Show Bio

F@&K; YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#7 Posted by CapFanboy (4920 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

while I wasn't a fan of the original series this does come as good news...it shows that DC/WB is actually listening to their fans and giving them what they want...not like Marvel/Disney/Loeb

Speak his name again. I dare you.

#8 Posted by danhimself (22493 posts) - - Show Bio

@CapFanboy said:

@danhimself said:

LOEB!

that's twice...we dare not try it again for fear of him actually appearing

#9 Posted by CapFanboy (4920 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

@CapFanboy said:

@danhimself said:

LOEB!

that's twice...we dare not try it again for fear of him actually appearing

That'd be our luck, he shows up and us without weapons.

#10 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3509 posts) - - Show Bio

Sweet.

#11 Posted by CrimsonCake (2677 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe they'll also finish that teen titans animated movie they were making.

#12 Posted by Baddamdog (2223 posts) - - Show Bio

#13 Posted by BatBen9135 (63 posts) - - Show Bio

Heck yes! So excited, appears to be a more light-hearted, but honestly, this show was about having fun. Can't wait!!

#14 Edited by BlackArmor (6137 posts) - - Show Bio

well that's pleasant.

#15 Posted by JediXMan (30348 posts) - - Show Bio

@Baddamdog said:

Is that legit? I hope not... I liked the style of the original.

Also, I hope they resolve the cliff hanger of the series finale. But if they don't, it might not be bad... ending it on a sad note is not necessarily bad...

#16 Posted by mfundo (1622 posts) - - Show Bio

I was gonna post this ;D So excited

#17 Posted by PurplePhoenix (4 posts) - - Show Bio

So great to get the show back. :)

But Im gonna have to adjust to waking up early now on saturdays lol.

#18 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (9004 posts) - - Show Bio

That is great news. I know I will be watching! It will be a great show for the Dc Nation Block with Young Justice.

#19 Posted by Sinestro2828 (1511 posts) - - Show Bio

@VercingetorixTheGreat said:

THIS IS GOING TO SUCK!!!

It stays Chibi form and is focused on comedy (which the original series had but it also had tension and drama which gave it a soul)

Its going to be sad watching another childhood show die like spongebob or Samurai Jack :'(

I'd rather they just pick up where the last series left off rather than reboot/re-imagine it as a chibi comedy about heroes doing everyday things...My opinion of the Titan shorts has soured every since that AWFUL "Mother's Day Special," NO WAY would Blackfire ever be desperate enough to marry Glirtleskletch, let alone give birth to his cannibalistic blob babies (she's a teenager for crying out loud!). The chibi shorts are fine for mini non-canon comedy sketches (like maybe one short at the end of each REAL episode or something), but I don't want to follow an entire series of just that. The original series left so much unanswered, like what became of Slade? Or Blackfire for that matter? Either one of those two would make awesome lead villains for a new season.

Titans felt like a real anime series because it had action, adventure, drama, AND comedy, not just one or the other.

Besides, I heard Young Justice is on its last season, so its not like continuing the original style of the Titans would steal ratings from the other teen hero show, its already on its way out >_<

#20 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

Uhm I wish it was a new superman animated series. But If this is just mid season replacement to fill up the gap in between seasons then I accept.

#21 Posted by VercingetorixTheGreat (2823 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sinestro2828: They really left Teen Titans with a clifhanger that they need to address

#22 Posted by papad1992 (6829 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm confused yet happy about this... I'll critique it when I see it! Not too excited about how it's not a continuation of the original series!

#23 Posted by fenixREVOLUTION (884 posts) - - Show Bio

Even if they don't continue from the last season, I'm very happy to see this come back.

#24 Posted by The Poet (8335 posts) - - Show Bio

yay!

#25 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool, but YJ makes this irrelevant...Don't hate.

#26 Posted by WildStyle (331 posts) - - Show Bio

Not a fan of the comedy angle. @Primmaster64 said:

Cool, but YJ makes this irrelevant...Don't hate.

This man knows.

#27 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18854 posts) - - Show Bio

I was crushed when they first ended the show. It was like my all time favorite cartoon growing up. It's going to make me really happy seeing them again.

#28 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

awesome.

#29 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

YEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHHH. WHOOOOOOOOH. This is why DC will always be better than Marvel in terms of animated shows!

#30 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

Comedy :/

I want the regular version of the show.

AND YOU BETTER TIE UP THAT TERRA PLOTLINE MOTHERF*CKERS, OR I'LL EAT YOU ALIVE.

#31 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

Its not a continuation of the story.

#32 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33071 posts) - - Show Bio

Blah, pepole see this show through rose tinted glasses 

#33 Posted by ele3000 (68 posts) - - Show Bio

Regardless, I'm looking forward to this series :))

#34 Posted by justforthecomments (40 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm glad that they're bringing them back (assuming this article is correct.) But personally I think I'm going to be a little disappointed because the original had some "seriousness" to the plot and this will just be a little chibi funny cute children's cartoon (even though the first one was funny it still had it's moments like Terror of Trigon arc.) I kind of think it will get killed.

#35 Posted by Sinestro2828 (1511 posts) - - Show Bio

@justforthecomments said:

I'm glad that they're bringing them back (assuming this article is correct.) But personally I think I'm going to be a little disappointed because the original had some "seriousness" to the plot and this will just be a little chibi funny cute children's cartoon (even though the first one was funny it still had it's moments like Terror of Trigon arc.) I kind of think it will get killed.

Yeah, the original show had a fair mix of humor, action, & drama, having just one or the other won't keep it going for very long or appeal to fans of the old show who wish to see old plotlines finally resolved, like what became of Slade (the show's most recurring big bad), Terra (who's final fate left us with more questions than answers), & Blackfire (a strong & cunning villain with LOADS of potential who only appeared in two episodes and never came back for her ultimate revenge, she totally should have been the last big bad of season 5 instead of The Brain...I mean, the ending of Betrothed seemed to set the stage for Blazing B coming back badder than ever & out for blood next time she & Kory met). I mean...After watching the "Mother's Day Special" of these Tiny Titans, I REALLY doubt the show's humor is gonna endure or be all that great. I mean seriously...Blackfire marrying a space blob & having its cannibalistic slime babies? We're expected to believe that? >_<

No one wants to see superheroes have everyday life shenanigans, we want to see them fight supervillains & save lives while also coping with the many problems young people tend to face, ya know, like the original show did! If it ain't broken, don't fix it.

#36 Edited by Wolfrazer (6493 posts) - - Show Bio

Once more a show that is being watered down to try and appeal to today's demiograph...it was one of the  VERY few shows of 2000s, that was actually good. Don't understand, why they have to change it up especially with the animation when it was just fine as is...

#37 Posted by tlaloc98 (1 posts) - - Show Bio

No no no no no!!!! I hate Cartoon Network now!!! What I think they should do is bring back the original teen titans and explain what happened at the end of season five in season six. They should also not make that new teen titans go but bring back the original that's my childhood and I'm not about to watch it be ruined like that!!!

#38 Posted by Black_Claw (2972 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm still very iffy about this show, but I'll give it a fair chance.

#39 Posted by thethiny (1 posts) - - Show Bio

I just want a sequel to Terra's Story!

All I wanna know is:

1-Is Terra pretending , or she actually forgot. I can tell from the comics (#51) That when she sees her brother she smiles. And When Beast Boy tells terra about Terra, she says that she wasn't the girl he remembers , and that definitely means that she remembers. (Need Official Confirmation)

2-Who's the white monster?

3-How was Terra brought back to life? I assume defeating Trigon?

#40 Posted by Foxy123456789 (1 posts) - - Show Bio

i dont really like the new teen titans go because they didnt continue off from the old version :'( but it is pretty cool and funny ^.^ i really want to continue off where terra comes back to the team and stuff :)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.