Follow

Teen Titans

Team » Teen Titans appears in 2162 issues.

The Teen Titans are the premier team of young heroes in the DCU. Currently led by Damian Wayne, the team fights for the greater good and to recruit other young heroes like them.

'Teen Titans Go!' Premiere Ratings Results

• 100 results
    Ciriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

It's not so much that I hate the show itself. Kid shows can be like this, and it reminds me of like funny flash cartoons. I'm just "salty" - if you will - over the last show. I read Teen Titans' comic books, and would be fine with the show. I just hated how people who watched the show exclusively seemed ignorant to everything else. I don't like being corrected about comic book lore from people who only watch cartoons. For example,

Person: Why's Green Lantern white in the movie? They're so racist; he's supposed to be black

Me: *Nerd alert* Well you see the Green Lantern portrayed in the movie is Hal Jordan; you are thinking of John Stewart.

Person: No I grew up with the Justice League cartoon. He's always been black, stupid.

Teen Titans is one of my favorite comic book series, and I hear such (at a loss for words) annoying things from people.

ms__omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By ms__omega

This show is garbage.

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
    MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@ciriel said:

It's not so much that I hate the show itself. Kid shows can be like this, and it reminds me of like funny flash cartoons. I'm just "salty" - if you will - over the last show. I read Teen Titans' comic books, and would be fine with the show. I just hated how people who watched the show exclusively seemed ignorant to everything else. I don't like being corrected about comic book lore from people who only watch cartoons. For example,

Person: Why's Green Lantern white in the movie? They're so racist; he's supposed to be black

Me: *Nerd alert* Well you see the Green Lantern portrayed in the movie is Hal Jordan; you are thinking of John Stewart.

Person: No I grew up with the Justice League cartoon. He's always been black, stupid.

Teen Titans is one of my favorite comic book series, and I hear such (at a loss for words) annoying things from people.

Amen.

They also don't understand that the shows are adaptations of the comic books, and it gets annoying when they say Wally is better than Barry based off of the show when many elements of Wally's character was taken from Barry.

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

I think its cute. No its nothing like the serious superhero cartoons such as YJ, BTAS or Batman Beyond but more in the vein of Batman: the brave and bold (which did go dark occassionally: "chill of the night," anyone?). But its a nice contrast especially when Superhero movies going dark. But I wish did kinda went back to original Japanese inspired designs. They were fun.

Destinyhero20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Destinyhero20

Teen Titans Go!100 times better then Ultimate Spider-man (since it make me laugh). Anyway, I glad it doing well and hope it keep it up. But I will miss Green Lantern and Young Justice.

Notathug78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

This says it all for me.

It's successful?!! FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU--------

Eternelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is Cyborg a member of the Titians when he's a member of the Justice League? I'm very confused.

Cyborg has been one of the leading members of Teen Titans (pre New 52) for longer than I can remember. It's only recently (post New 52) that he was associated as a Leaguer.

Eternelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Eternelle

@shazam78 said:

This says it all for me.

@jointron33 said:

Okay, first of all, the 'pilot' ratings aren't really applicable to it being successful. It's like when a new comic launches. People will always pick up the first issue (usually the first few) out of curiosity and then sales tend to drastically drop off.

Second - if it is indeed successful in the long term, that's a good thing. It being unsuccessful is not going to bring back the beloved Young Justice or Green Lantern: The Animated Series. In fact, lack of success with this show could mean that they just throw in the towel with comic-related shows altogether, which would suck.

That's not saying that you should watch it (I'm not, it's not my cup of tea by any means), but wishing for it to fail? That doesn't make sense to me.

INFINITE_DOOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By INFINITE_DOOM

I personally enjoyed it a chuckle here chuckle there i'll stay on board at least until next week. I don't get why people are venting there anger against this show thinking it's responsible for YJ and GL getting canceled....(sigh)

KRYPTON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

PIE!!!

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

I saw it am to be honest, it wasn't that bad. In fact I thought it was kind of decent, I still prefer the old show though.

wade_wilson22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By wade_wilson22
    Avatar image for timelordscience
    TimeLordScience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wessaari said:

Here is what infuriates me. This is a saturday morning kid's show, hands down. DC Nation had two very serious shows, with plotlines spanning the whole season, and they only played them once a week at 9 in the morning. This was a huge failure on the Network for not realizing that more serious shows deserve the time slots that Teen Titans Go has, or even playing them more than once or twice a week on the early weekend. That is why the shows failed, because they didn't even ahve a chance to be shown at an appropriate time

Yeah, this.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Hehe yeah this is cute. I like it. Definitely not as good as the old show but a darn good substitute for me I say.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

@wessaari said:

Here is what infuriates me. This is a saturday morning kid's show, hands down. DC Nation had two very serious shows, with plotlines spanning the whole season, and they only played them once a week at 9 in the morning. This was a huge failure on the Network for not realizing that more serious shows deserve the time slots that Teen Titans Go has, or even playing them more than once or twice a week on the early weekend. That is why the shows failed, because they didn't even ahve a chance to be shown at an appropriate time

twice a week. repeats on Sundays.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

Why is Cyborg a member of the Titians when he's a member of the Justice League? I'm very confused.

He was a Titan for most of his pre-New 52 career. He's a Leaguer now

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#67  Edited By charlieboy

It was cute. Probably not something I am going to go out of my way to watch though.

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If this does well and generates some extra interest in comic book characters, awesome. Personally though, I could hardly sit through that snippet. I don't think I'll be turning in.

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 27

@iaconpoint: Because before New 52 he was a founding member of the Teen Titans not the Justice League. Before New 52 it was Martian Manhunter who is a way better fit for the JLA than Cyborg. I think if Cyborg is in the JLA he should be a supporting member like Hawkman, Green Arrow, Black Canary, Atom, and Hawkgirl. Cyborg belongs with the Titans he even first appeared with them.

thejman251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By thejman251

- Another atrocious show aired by an incredibly idiotic television network. Surprise, surprise.

Harlekin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Raven, the demon portal, watching My Little Pony or whatever...yeah, that's weird.

It's funny because she is Twilight Sparkle.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#72  Edited By SUNMAN

impressive numbers.

This cartoon is here to stay

Green ankh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

Fantasgasmic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked the writing and acting, but I am really disappointed by how cheap it looks. Like so many of the Hub shows, that cheap flash animation just bugs me when it's not very stylized like South Park.

herrweis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

we really can't call it a succcess at this pint because all premiers have solid ratings.lets give it a few weeks then see how the ratings are.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

The GOOD cyborg

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#77  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

"It was the #1 kids program of the day on basic cable among boys 2-11, 6-11, 9-14 and male teens. It also ranked #1 in its time period among kids 2-11 and 6-11 as well as boys 2-11, 6-11, 9-14 and male teens. It also did better in its time slot than its competitors on Nickelodeon and Disney XD by double- and triple-digits among the shows key demos of kids 6-11 and boys 6-11.

There are more numbers from NHI Galaxy Explorer, Live+Same Day U.S. AA rating. Teen Titans Go! had more than two million viewers. Among boys 6-11, the rating score improved Cartoon Network's performance in that time slot by 117% versus the previous week."

Why isn't there specific figures for girls instead of having them just covered by the 'kids' category? Shouldn't they be checking how popular it was with girls?

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Glad its well,looks fun. Btw anybody knows when Beware The Batman premiere is going to take place? Haven't watched any Batman show since BTAS.

FoxCircuit101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm 19 so and I actually chuckled at it. It's not edgy but it's funny better than Ultimate Spider man tv show by a long mile that's for sure.

UrbanChill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

no offense tony but man you cant be serious with wanting more shows and comics like this in the comic book world thats just crazy

iaconpoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By iaconpoint

@iceslick: Haha, I was just messing around. You are the only one who caught it though.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here is my review for the episode:

Loading Video...

Agreed 100%.

This show is so stupid that I wanted to pull my hair out instead of watching it with my kid. Even my 6 year old prefers Regular Show (A Mature and Kid comedy) over this Titan Garbage.

Real sad as I was a fan of the Original TT Show. I was a bigger fan for YJ.

How was the YJ demographic so awful when clearly this show is garbage, everyone saying the same thing, "It made me chuckle" which amounts to nothing in the long run.

Wth CN. Another bad move.

I am just happy my son knows what is good and what is Crap at the age of 6.

jazz1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@iaconpoint: Cyborg was a member of the Teen Titans since his creation. Only recently he has joined the Justice League.

Avatar image for deactivated-579e79a09210d
    deactivated-579e79a09210d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im not going to watch this

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's what I was thinking, this new teen titans is basically the same show, with the same voice actors ( or at least I think they are) except they're redrawn. So what's the point of bringing back a show that I believe was cancelled?

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jointron33 said:

And any plans to bring back Young Justice have just died.

wade_wilson22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for blueninjapanther
    blueninjapanther

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought this was actually really good. I just wish they bring back Young Justice and Green Lantern.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#89  Edited By Outside_85

Pretty sad to see how many people are moaning about this show having an excellent début, and quite alot of it seems to have nothing to do with this actual show but because their preferred show was canned, which I will remind people has nothing to do with this show.

A TV show will be canned, regardless of how well received it is, if the numbers aren't there to back it up, because viewer figures are the only thing that matters to a TV station. More viewers will mean they can sell their advertising slots at higher prices and generate more income, thats how it works.

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 31

#90  Edited By akbogert

Really appreciated this, er, article? Review? I don't even know. But I appreciated it. Watched the first of the two clips, and I can see why old TT fans are upset, but at the same time I can see how it could be quite a bit of fun for the kids it's for. I think it's inevitable that people conflate their distaste for other shows being cancelled with their appraisal of this one (kind of like how everyone wanted to murder Harper Row not because of who she was but because they were torn up over Damian), which is sad, because on its own merit this seems like precisely what it ought to be.

Also, I suddenly really want to see "real" Starfire with short hair for a brief time. No more than one issue though.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wessaari said:

totally agree with you....there was absolutely no advertisement for either of the shows either...meanwhile there is a commercial for Adventure Time during every single break on the channel

llegoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By llegoss
    sonic is one
    sonic is one
      I thought it was cute and funny, and I happen to like cute and funny. I guess I don't get people who get bent out of shape over it. The old version still exists. You can go back and re-watch it, and still enjoy it. The fact that there's a new version doesn't (or at least, if you're reasonable, SHOULDN'T) take away from that. I myself liked the original series very much, but I welcome the new one. I'm just glad to see it back in some format, with the original voice cast. Humor (and moments of super-deformed character design) was always a big part of it anyway. Maybe it's not everything you wish it was, but maybe if people give it a fair chance they can enjoy it for what it is, which is actually pretty entertaining.
    I thought it was cute and funny, and I happen to like cute and funny. I guess I don't get people who get bent out of shape over it. The old version still exists. You can go back and re-watch it, and still enjoy it. The fact that there's a new version doesn't (or at least, if you're reasonable, SHOULDN'T) take away from that. I myself liked the original series very much, but I welcome the new one. I'm just glad to see it back in some format, with the original voice cast. Humor (and moments of super-deformed character design) was always a big part of it anyway. Maybe it's not everything you wish it was, but maybe if people give it a fair chance they can enjoy it for what it is, which is actually pretty entertaining.

dumb d-u-m-b dumb

Avatar image for banestrokelobogrundybatarrow
    BaneStrokeLoboGrundyBatArrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved the old show I mean it was kinda enjoyable so hope it does well

McDerpyson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By McDerpyson
    TenEyedMen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By TenEyedMen

Pretty sad to see how many people are moaning about this show having an excellent début, and quite alot of it seems to have nothing to do with this actual show but because their preferred show was canned, which I will remind people has nothing to do with this show.

A TV show will be canned, regardless of how well received it is, if the numbers aren't there to back it up, because viewer figures are the only thing that matters to a TV station. More viewers will mean they can sell their advertising slots at higher prices and generate more income, thats how it works.

Except for the fact that GL and YJ DID get strong ratings during their run. YJ even had the highest debut of 2010 when the pilot premiered.

It's actually due to the lack of sales in merchandise, and in GL's case, the lack of merchandise itself. But Mattel's incompetent running of their company are more to blame for this.

flazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 52

#97  Edited By flazam

nice roster

thebearking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I did enjoy it but would've enjoyed it more with less of the pie song, god it drove me to insanity.

FlashDamn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#99  Edited By FlashDamn

@m_man said:

I'm sure most would prefer the old Teen Titans like me but I'd rather have some Teen Titans than no Teen Titans plus I'm loving the humor so far.

what he said.

Avatar image for terrybogard2014
    TerryBogard2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By TerryBogard2014

Trying to care.....nope cant still bitter,hope this show Tanks

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.