Follow

Teen Titans

Team » Teen Titans appears in 2162 issues.

The Teen Titans are the premier team of young heroes in the DCU. Currently led by Damian Wayne, the team fights for the greater good and to recruit other young heroes like them.

Should I read Superboy to get the most out of Teen Titans?

NewKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NewKid

I pre-ordered the trade of teen titans a while back, as I'm a fan of Red Robin, but was just wondering if anyone would recommend getting Superboy?

Do they run alongside each other or are they separate stories?

will i get more out of it if i read both?

Avatar image for gundamheavyarms
    GundamHeavyarms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By GundamHeavyarms

Well, superboy and teen titans are written by the same person so there is a little cohesion between the two, you would probably get a little more out of it if you read both.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Yeah I tried to do Superboy solo but found out that there's a lot of continuity/cohesion between it and Teen Titans, especially heading into The Culling arc coming up. I think youi made a good choice, but luckily all I had to do was get the first 7 issues of TT of the shelves at my LCS. Good reading!

NewKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By NewKid

@RedheadedAtrocitus: @GundamHeavyarms:

thanks to both of you :)

i wasn't aware that they had the same writer, hadn't paid attention to that :s

think i will put a pre-order down for superboy as well then so get the full picture.

what are both/either of you enjoying more out of the 2?

and any other stuff you're particularly liking since the reboot?

RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm actually enjoying both about equally because I see em as two sides of the same coin. As far as other stuff I get all the Superman family titles, Red Lanterns, and the Justice League titles and am poised to get Earth-2 and World's Finest next month.

NewKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By NewKid

@RedheadedAtrocitus: i've not been reading any of the super titles, though recently i've been reading more older superman stuff and really enjoying the character. dunno if i can stretch my budget to read all of them alongside everything else i'm getting, but what ones have been the best?... i'll prob get superboy, to compliment titans, and then maybe one other... what would you suggest out of action, superman and supergirl... most people seem to think action comcs is better.

RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@NewKid: Action for sure man. the others I still love but Action pretty much take the cake right now.

NewKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By NewKid

@RedheadedAtrocitus: ah great, think i'll start getting action and superboy then. i'll pick up the first trades for them. looking forward to giving them a read. i'll also be picking up earth 2 and world's finest when they're out, looking like they should be good.

thanks for the responses man :)

Avatar image for gundamheavyarms
    GundamHeavyarms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By GundamHeavyarms

@NewKid: Well, I'm a trade waiter. Money is pretty tight so I can't afford single issues anymore. The series I am following right now are The Flash, Aquaman, Animal Man, Legion of Superheroes, and Legion Lost. I'm also going to look more into superboy than teen titans (I'm kind of burned out with teen titans right now) An archie book Im looking forward to is New Crusaders, from everything Ive read about it, its supposed to be like teen titans, but without all that pesky angst.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By danhimself

yeah you definitely should...you can read each individually but there may be times where you get confused because they reference each other a lot and they'll start some moments in Teen Titans and finish them in Superboy....also at some point you're going to want to get the second volume of Legion Lost since there's a crossover coming up between the 3 titles

NewKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By NewKid

ah man, i can't afford legion lost on top of both the others, already thinking i'm going to have to cancel some of my pre-orders, got way too many at the moment... :(

hope i don't miss out on anything major...

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By sethysquare

@NewKid said:

ah man, i can't afford legion lost on top of both the others, already thinking i'm going to have to cancel some of my pre-orders, got way too many at the moment... :(

hope i don't miss out on anything major...

I feel like you don't need Legion Lost, to understand the whole story, neither have I been particularly crazy about Legion Lost.

However, I would say Teen Titans and Superboy go hand in hand and they're both incredibly good reads. You don't have to read one to know another, also Action would probably be the best in the Superman line.

If you are interested in Teen Titans, I would also recommend Red Hood and the Outlaws. Theres the controversy in issue one, but its nothing more than a michael bay movie, but as the series progressed, it showed lotsa depth and really took a hold on all 3 main characters. Theres even a support group for RH&TO.

htb106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By htb106

It should help quite a bit, especially for the Culling.

TheAnnihilator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14  Edited By TheAnnihilator

It would help, but I don't consider it worth getting. I've been very disappointed with Teen Titans. Superboy is good though.

Avatar image for cloudzackvincent
    cloudzackvincent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By cloudzackvincent

frankly i can't imagine understanding the complete plot of one without the other

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.