Sean Mckeever leaves the Teen Titans title

#1 Posted by Nighthunter (28580 posts) - - Show Bio

Writer Sean McKeever announced in a message board post last night that he is leaving “Teen Titans” with May’s issue #71. McKeever scripted the DC Comics series for 22 issues.

“It's been a wild ride for 22 issues (plus an Annual and Terror Titans)--sometimes good, sometimes bad, and often awesome,” McKeever wrote. “I've really come to care about these kids during my tenure, but now it's time for me to place my focus elsewhere.”

McKeever will continue to be a presence in the title itself, writing a backup feature starring Ravager that begins in issue #71. “It's gonna be great to get inside Rose's head and write her with a first-person narrative,” he said.

“I want to thank you all for your questions, enthusiasm, praise and criticisms,” McKeever wrote. “It's been a real pleasure communicating with some of the title's most passionate fans.”

#2 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio

(fakes a cry)

#3 Posted by Nighthunter (28580 posts) - - Show Bio

I find it interesting that both writers of teen titans and titans leave at the same time

#4 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio

LMAO

yeah they dont want to go down with the ship

#5 Posted by Nighthunter (28580 posts) - - Show Bio

I can understand winnick

but mckeever just introduced the new team, I find it hard to understand

#6 Posted by batboy123 (6 posts) - - Show Bio

He was good writer, that sucks that he is leaving.

#7 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio
batboy123 said:
"He was good writer, that sucks that he is leaving."
If by "good writer" you mean "terrible writer" and if my "sucks that he is leaving" you mean "rejoice" then I completely agree with you.
#8 Posted by wordchallenge (151 posts) - - Show Bio

He probably left because DC keeps on screwing with the team's lineup.  This new one leaves me uninterested in the team.

#9 Edited by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

It would be more appropriate if he left because DC realized that he characterizes everybody as jerks and that nobody wants to read about a bunch of teenage whiny jerks.

But that would require DC to have a history of getting rid of bad writers, which it clearly has no intention of doing.

#10 Posted by Nighthunter (28580 posts) - - Show Bio
wordchallenge said:
"He probably left because DC keeps on screwing with the team's lineup.  This new one leaves me uninterested in the team."
he was the one that brought Static and Kid Eternity, guess taht also Aquagirl so that ain't it
#11 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

you do like making threads about writers leaving, don't you?

#12 Posted by TheAnnihilator (1056 posts) - - Show Bio

@htb106 said:

you do like making threads about writers leaving, don't you?

You do like bumping 3-4 year old threads, don't you?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.