New 52 Teen Titans Discussion

#1 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@Outside_85 said:

@sethysquare: Well, I can understand if you didn't like Krul for pulling that one on you :)

Seriously though they did pull this trick another time with the BL Lois Lane who put it over on the JSA (bringing back her far more powerful husband).

Actually I wasn't terribly upset, just disappointed. But nonetheless I don't dislike Krul, I am really enjoying his Captain Atom and I'm really excited about Superman beyond and if it resembles anything like Captain Atom, its going to be amazing. I am however not blown away by his titans run, not that its bad, but I really don't condemn or hate any writers as long as prove that they can still produce good writing, I can close one eye on their mishaps.

@TheMess1428 said:

@sethysquare said:

@Outside_85 said:

He's also the one that wrote both the Blackest Night tie-ins for Teen Titans (focusing on the Wilsons) and Titans (the events around Titans Tower), which were the issues that got him the job, if I am not mistaken. If nothing else we got to see Garfield rip Terra in two and an ebil Terry Long :D

Yeah, so around 20, more or less. that was actually one of the first few issues of his titans run I've read. And when Terra came back I thought OMG and she wasn't like the other zombies cos she pretended she lost her memories or something and for one second, I thought she was actually going to return to DC.

Yeah you're right but I don't think those issues really contributed to his run. They were just a small entry that got some people interested in his take on it.

Yeah, but overall, I just wasn't that excited about his run, Its definitely an improvement though.

#3 Posted by TheMess1428 (2176 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare said:

@TheMess1428 said:

@sethysquare said:

@Outside_85 said:

He's also the one that wrote both the Blackest Night tie-ins for Teen Titans (focusing on the Wilsons) and Titans (the events around Titans Tower), which were the issues that got him the job, if I am not mistaken. If nothing else we got to see Garfield rip Terra in two and an ebil Terry Long :D

Yeah, so around 20, more or less. that was actually one of the first few issues of his titans run I've read. And when Terra came back I thought OMG and she wasn't like the other zombies cos she pretended she lost her memories or something and for one second, I thought she was actually going to return to DC.

Yeah you're right but I don't think those issues really contributed to his run. They were just a small entry that got some people interested in his take on it.

Yeah, but overall, I just wasn't that excited about his run, Its definitely an improvement though.

I didn't get interested until halfway through the Solstice arc. But I was mostly waiting for it to end so I could see what was going to be next.

#4 Posted by Nighthunter (28578 posts) - - Show Bio

What I really want to know is which titans survived the reboot

So far we´ve had a confirmation on:

Nightwing

Arsenal

Tempest

Lilith Clay

Red Robin

Wondergirl

Superboy

Bart Allen

Miss Martian (never a member)

Static Shock (never a member)

Cyborg

Beast Boy

Starfire

Solstice

Blue Beetle (His time as a titan erased since he just became a superhero)

Robin (Damian)

Ray Palmer (Although we don´t even know if he was ever the Atom, I think we can discard his time as a titan though)

Hawk (Hank Hall) and Dove (Both Don and Dawn) no idea on Holly

Flamebird

Jason Todd

Rose Wilson (never a member)

Kyle Rayner

Thunder and Lightning (different versions though)

Terra (could be a new one or one of the old ones with a new look)

Supergirl (never a member since she just arrived on Earth)

#5 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nighthunter: You realize that the bulk of those won't ever have been Titans, though.

(By the way, nice to see you back)

#6 Posted by The_Tree (7079 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the Teen Titans book. The thing that upsets me the most about it is the erasing of the previous run, which I just adored.

#7 Edited by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

My favorite run since Geoff's so far

#8 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheMess1428 said:

@sethysquare said:

@TheMess1428 said:

@sethysquare said:

@Outside_85 said:

He's also the one that wrote both the Blackest Night tie-ins for Teen Titans (focusing on the Wilsons) and Titans (the events around Titans Tower), which were the issues that got him the job, if I am not mistaken. If nothing else we got to see Garfield rip Terra in two and an ebil Terry Long :D

Yeah, so around 20, more or less. that was actually one of the first few issues of his titans run I've read. And when Terra came back I thought OMG and she wasn't like the other zombies cos she pretended she lost her memories or something and for one second, I thought she was actually going to return to DC.

Yeah you're right but I don't think those issues really contributed to his run. They were just a small entry that got some people interested in his take on it.

Yeah, but overall, I just wasn't that excited about his run, Its definitely an improvement though.

I didn't get interested until halfway through the Solstice arc. But I was mostly waiting for it to end so I could see what was going to be next.

Curiously, that was about the point where I dropped it IIRC

#9 Posted by Nighthunter (28578 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

@Nighthunter: You realize that the bulk of those won't ever have been Titans, though.

(By the way, nice to see you back)

most of them have been stated as titans in the past but yeah I know many won't which frankly sucks

And thanks man :)

#10 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nighthunter: To be honest though, I'd be happy if Tempest, Donna and Wally-era Titans existed (with them). Its likely that there was a Titans, because Starfire knows Grayson, but I wouldn't put it past DC to retcon the sht out of the membership, taking out people such as Wally in the process, which would annoy me to no end.

Also, why do you say that Ms. Martian isn't a part of the TT? I know its highly likely, but I was wondering where you saw the confirmation.

#11 Posted by Nighthunter (28578 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

@Nighthunter: To be honest though, I'd be happy if Tempest, Donna and Wally-era Titans existed (with them). Its likely that there was a Titans, because Starfire knows Grayson, but I wouldn't put it past DC to retcon the sht out of the membership, taking out people such as Wally in the process, which would annoy me to no end.

Also, why do you say that Ms. Martian isn't a part of the TT? I know its highly likely, but I was wondering where you saw the confirmation.

Weknow there have at least been versions of teen titans in the past and we´ve seen mentions and flashbacks that confirm certain members but Johns´run is pretty much retconned so Miss Martian´s time must have been to.

#12 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nighthunter said:

Weknow there have at least been versions of teen titans in the past and we´ve seen mentions and flashbacks that confirm certain members but Johns´run is pretty much retconned so Miss Martian´s time must have been to.

I don't think anyone apart from Starfire and Grayson can be confirmed, and even then its kinda pushing it. And I guess that's fair to say.

#13 Posted by Nighthunter (28578 posts) - - Show Bio

And there ain´t a scan here but in a later issue we saw them fighting together against something

#14 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nighthunter: Yeah in that issue we only saw Roy, Kory and Dick.

But the thing is that I believe they didn't wanna show too many "old titans" in action so that they can decide how their costumes would look like and all. But I do trust that Scott will be bringing out lots of older titans that have been buried in the sand. The great thing about the new universe is that all the titans that were once dead or fell into obscurity can all come back. Case in point: Lilith.

#15 Posted by Outside_85 (8022 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare: Which is up in the air how long she will last if Superboy gets mad at her.

#16 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (10918 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp: @Nighthunter: If you've been reading RHatO every now and then its revealed that the original New Teen Titans did exist together at some point but didnt go by Teen Titans or Titans (since they were all in their adult gear). Nighthunter already posted a scan but there's another one showing a flashback of Nightwing, Starfire, Arsenal (I think that's all they showed) in battle together.

#17 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@ArturoCalaKayVee: There's no reason they wouldn't be called Teen Titans.

#18 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (10918 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp: It's stated they weren't called Teen Titans in various interviews lol. They were originally going to erase the perez era all together but decided to give us a half-ass version of it.

#19 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@ArturoCalaKayVee: Are you sure you're not confusing it with the infamous "its the first time the titans are getting together" quote?

#20 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (10918 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp: I don't think so to be honest but I could be, I won't knock it. I remember reading that the original titans did fight together but they were nameless. I dunno now... hahaha

#21 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@ArturoCalaKayVee: Because if it was that quote, (I just realized I didn't finish my sentence), then its misinterpreted.

#22 Posted by Outside_85 (8022 posts) - - Show Bio

@ArturoCalaKayVee: Its only in interviews they've kept it open what the old team was called, probably because neither Scott or Chase knew what it was. Tim on the other hand mentions quite specifically that his team was just about to be the shortest living incarnation of the Teen Titans as Skitter was about to disembowel him back in issue #2. So in the books (which counts more than interviews), there is more proof to there was a Teen Titans before the current one.

#23 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (10918 posts) - - Show Bio

@Outside_85 said:

@ArturoCalaKayVee: Its only in interviews they've kept it open what the old team was called, probably because neither Scott or Chase knew what it was. Tim on the other hand mentions quite specifically that his team was just about to be the shortest living incarnation of the Teen Titans as Skitter was about to disembowel him back in issue #2. So in the books (which counts more than interviews), there is more proof to there was a Teen Titans before the current one.

Never denied there wasn't a teen titans before the current one. I've been saying the whole time time that there was. The only thing I've questioned was the name of the group.

#24 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@Outside_85 said:

@sethysquare: Which is up in the air how long she will last if Superboy gets mad at her.

Well, I doubt Superboy would start killing Lilith and Warblade, if they're even going to be the antagonist in the series, they'll at least survive like a few arcs. But I doubt Scott would go off killing titans left and right.

#25 Posted by Skaddix (3109 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes Ravagers is for the willy nilly killing. Although I am not sure I like the conversion of Gen13 to murderers and amoral types, they were the purest heroes in WSU. Now DV8, those were horrible people who don't even need personality changes to turn into psychopathic killers.

#26 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@Skaddix said:

Yes Ravagers is for the willy nilly killing. Although I am not sure I like the conversion of Gen13 to murderers and amoral types, they were the purest heroes in WSU. Now DV8, those were horrible people who don't even need personality changes to turn into psychopathic killers.

Actually the titans are getting the same treatment arent they?

#27 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nighthunter said:

And there ain´t a scan here but in a later issue we saw them fighting together against something

confusing since beast boy was never a member and lillith now works for N.O.W.H.E.R.E., but both books are being written by Lobdell and I'm sure he'll think of something.

#28 Posted by TheAnnihilator (1056 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't really like it. The whole run feels like they're trying to imitate the X-Men. I really enjoyed the idea of the Teen Titans as sidekicks maturing and making a name for themselves, but this is just boring. Nothing in this book is very good. The new characters are barely developed at all and despite DC claiming to be very "progressive" or whatever by having Bunker be gay, there is literally no way to tell his sexuality other than all the interviews the writer did saying he is.

"Damn metas!" ugh.

As far as teen issues go, Avengers Academy takes the cake. I always liked Teen Titans so much too and I saw the New 52 as a chance for them to blossom again. Nope.

#29 Posted by oraclefyre (936 posts) - - Show Bio

I love it. Some of the lines are a bit cheesy though and I would like to see more relationship dynamics.

But the tron suits need to go, like GTFO.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.